A Reddit thread I made to advertise EUO

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

XxMikexX
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

A Reddit thread I made to advertise EUO

Post by XxMikexX »

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comment ... y_ultimas/

If you have a Reddit account (or just want to share some memories) please go to that thread and share your love of the game. A thread filled with player moments might get more people to join us. :geek:
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: A Reddit thread I made to advertise EUO

Post by 1[WoWz] »

EUO has been posted to reddit a few times before but it never gets any traction or discussion behind it. Maybe because there isn't a how-to-play video (I could make one but I don't know how good it would be).

I always figured that EUO would blow up if a popular twitch streamer picked it up or if there was a popular viral video/montage parody of it.
IGN: 1
XxMikexX
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by XxMikexX »

1[WoWz] wrote: I always figured that EUO would blow up if a popular twitch streamer picked it up or if there was a popular viral video/montage parody of it.
I agree, EUO just needs some exposure to people who play similiar games like PoE or Tibia. I see games once in a while receive high praise once they are posted to /r/gaming and get enough upvotes/support. I'm not sure how we could create a montage or viral video out of it since people would not understand whats going on without playing but it's worth a shot.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Long time no see everyone! Just posted a comment supporting your recommendation and upvoted. Good luck.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

EUO is just too complex for the graphics you get which makes poeple not want to play it...
I started EUO a couple of years back played for 1 month maybe then dropped it for 1 or 2 years before I really had this, wow this games is sooooooo goooooood!
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

Rumper wrote:EUO is just too complex for the graphics you get which makes poeple not want to play it...
I started EUO a couple of years back played for 1 month maybe then dropped it for 1 or 2 years before I really had this, wow this games is sooooooo goooooood!
Rumper has a valid point. The thing is, fans of the original Ultimas get it. Personally I love the keyboard controls, chunky graphics and the wide open nature of the EUO world. I also love the fact that if I want to spend my ingame life becoming a master fisherman or tinkerer I can do it. In a way EUO reminds of classic cinema: there is a beauty in this style yet there are people who won't watch a movie if it is black and white -- regardless of the story, the quality or when it was filmed.