Fighter Special Moves?

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Fighter Special Moves?

Post by mugima »

Okay, so, I admit I didn't look very hard for anything posted about this but....Which weapons allow which special moves?
I can flurry with a 2H axe, I can bloodbolt with a cleaver and long sword if I'm not mistaken, but I can't use cleave with my
halberd....very confused. :? :? :? Anyone care to shed some light on this situation for me?
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Fighter Special Moves?

Post by DrRude »

mugima wrote:Okay, so, I admit I didn't look very hard for anything posted about this but....Which weapons allow which special moves?
I can flurry with a 2H axe, I can bloodbolt with a cleaver and long sword if I'm not mistaken, but I can't use cleave with my
halberd....very confused. :? :? :? Anyone care to shed some light on this situation for me?
If I'm not mistaken you can't cleave with a halberd because it's a two-handed weapon, technically a pole weapon. Cleave works with a one-handed axe.
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mugima »

I can't check it at the current moment but I'm 99% sure I can cleave with my addy trident+9, so why wouldn't I be able to flurry with it?
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

mugima wrote:I can't check it at the current moment but I'm 99% sure I can cleave with my addy trident+9, so why wouldn't I be able to flurry with it?
Will this help?

Cleave:
requires 100 rage.
requires 90% in axes.
the default axe special rage attack.
temporarily reduces the target's AS, DEF and MR, and also causes the target to bleed at a rate of 5% HP for 5 seconds (for a cumulative total of 25% HP). (Note that the target will not be able to heal while bleeding, though the bleeding itself will not kill the target)

Flurry:
requires 100 rage.
requires 90% in longswords.
the default longswords special rage attack.
an instantaneous burst of 3-5 hits that will randomly hit targets adjacent to you.

Both of those seem to be for one-handed weapons. Even though it's a polearm the trident is also a one-handed weapon... the Halberd isn't.
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mugima »

I don't understand what you're saying? The trident does not flurry, nor any other polearm I've tried.
Why can I use flurry with an axe weapon and not a polearm?
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

mugima wrote:I don't understand what you're saying? The trident does not flurry, nor any other polearm I've tried.
Why can I use flurry with an axe weapon and not a polearm?
Whether or not you can flurry probably depends on whether or not you're dealing with a one-handed weapon. I brought up the trident because of your response (quoted below),
mugima wrote:I can't check it at the current moment but I'm 99% sure I can cleave with my addy trident+9, so why wouldn't I be able to flurry with it?
which was your response to my response related to cleaving with the Halberd (quoted below).
mugima wrote:Okay, so, I admit I didn't look very hard for anything posted about this but....Which weapons allow which special moves?
Cleaving with a Halberd just ain't gonna happen. A Halberd is about 6-feet (1.8 meters) long; needs both hands.

Make sense? Ya gotta take it easy with the weed man... X-D
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Hi guys,

I am a bit rusty but special moves are not restricted by the amount of hands you need to wield them.
You should be able to cleave with any axe including halberds. Also check out the manual.
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

LordMortiferus wrote:Hi guys,

I am a bit rusty but special moves are not restricted by the amount of hands you need to wield them.
You should be able to cleave with any axe including halberds. Also check out the manual.
Not to nitpick but a halberd and an axe might look similar with the blade but they're very different. Just like how a lobster might share some similarities with a scorpion but their methods of attack can't be compared.
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mugima »

I understand they are different weapons and skills but I can use the LONGSWORD special with an axe, and I can use the axe special with a polearm. I don't think you are understanding my problem here. Thanks for trying though
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

DrRude wrote:
LordMortiferus wrote:Hi guys,

Not to nitpick but a halberd and an axe might look similar with the blade but they're very different. Just like how a lobster might share some similarities with a scorpion but their methods of attack can't be compared.
Ahh you got me there. A halberd is a polearm of course.
However cleave should be possible with polearms, including halberds ofc, granted are skilled enough with polearms.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I don't think you can flurry with pole arms. You need 90%+ in axes to do a cleave with other weapons.

As I went in 2013.
Longs words (flurry), cleave, blood bolt
Maces (thunderclap), flurry, blood bolt
Axes (cleave), flurry, thunderclap
Pole arms (blood bolt), thunderclap, cleave

It's in the manual I believe.

combat abilities
weapon skills
ZUPS!!!!
mugima
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mugima »

Okay thanks, sorry I didn't understand, appreciate the responses :)
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

mugima wrote:Okay thanks, sorry I didn't understand, appreciate the responses :)
Had me chasin' down cleave instead of flurry... geez man! :geek: