Which server?

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Tinari
BBQ ABC <3

Which server?

Post by Tinari »

Just curious, but in a game like this with a split server, I'm curious which I should play on if my interest is in having enough people around to actually visit.

Regular, gotta go find a shrine to level, stats based on leveling...
NoGrind, stats grow as you use skills... seems more interesting all told.
PD, if this is where the majority is, I'd go there.

Thanks for the heads up, folks!
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Re: Which server?

Post by Luxorious »

Regular is the "original game". It has usually most players online, but it seems to be afking mainly :roll: I don't visit reg server, so I don't know for sure.

NoGrind is definitely interesting. However, nobody plays that.

PD seems to be where the action is, but most of the active folk are Living off the Land which hinders your partying.
If you are finnish like your name implies, then I would say PD, because 5/10 of 0-death ladder are finns and 5/10 of lotl-ladder are finns - we sure seem to enjoy our permadeath action :knife: In all honesty, there's just a few guys actively playing PD.
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
Tinari
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Tinari »

Really? Finnish?

This would explain why the name I just thought up one day almost 17 years ago and used online ever since is sometimes, rarely, already used in international online games I play! That's neat to know.

I'm a plain ol' American but my times for gaming are varied so time zone isn't a huge concern.
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Ah, my bad, then!

"Tinari" means literally nothing in finnish, but in slang, yes.
There are 8 players online on reg at the moment, so if you like playing with other people, you should play reg.
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

here's my take on it:
reg: this is the oldest server but is now the MMORPG server: with safe slow progression - the levelling at shrines is an ultima throwback inconvenience
PD: my preferred server due to it's faster levelling and danger, tho the danger is removed for me since I'm a wimp and gave myself a addy res stone :fp:
NG: the is the 'utlima online' style server (that is, if UO still does pure stat+skill progression without levels)
weekly: in an ideal world this would be the multiplayer roguelike server but it's not there yet - the continent is a nice random map however
Buy my book! https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/452011
Please follow my twitter ... I'm actually using it now! http://twitter.com/euotopia
And facebook I suppose http://facebook.com/euotopia

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

My suggestion is to make a character on each server and try them all out for a couple days each. You'll quickly pick a favorite or decide to focus on all of them equally. Happy hunting!
IGN: 1