new map: matriarch's domain

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

DrDisco
BBQ ABC <3

Re: new map: matriarch's domain

Post by DrDisco »

a stupid question:

is this map already activated in-game ? or just to show off?
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

it's active in Maeondir. I need to reinstall EUO and play it now that the bugs are fixed.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

The exact location is in the op
DrDisco
BBQ ABC <3

Post by DrDisco »

Thank you very much !
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Kynt, cuber, Eclips and I spent 3 hours exploring Matriarchs domain, without been able to deactivate the barrier. Killed all the bosses that we could find (the black one needs some sort of warning with those insta kills - we tried to do that one first which seems silly considering you need to do it last? before the insta kill script stops). Couldnt find a way into the top right corner region.

No fangs dropped from any of the bosses, we didnt get any messages after killing each boss.

None of the npcs (Tilabil, Haurang) responded to text/chats.

Some of the books have no text in them.

Kynt and I are wondering if a recent update broke it?
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

if it isn't broken (sounds slightly broken) it could do with a revision by an enthusiastic euo developer (kynt LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON)
Kynt
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Kynt »

:whistle:
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

LaughingCoyote wrote:Matriarchs domain
is that one of the vamp towns in the underworld? it's not broken. it's a secret to getting in there. :geek:
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

EmoMage wrote:
LaughingCoyote wrote:Matriarchs domain
is that one of the vamp towns in the underworld? it's not broken. it's a secret to getting in there. :geek:
Its the draconian map thats south of the entry point into Maeondir.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

heh...
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Heh...
AlexisMagnus
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by AlexisMagnus »

I finished it a couple of months ago, and from what you say, I believe the problem was that fangs were missing, so barrier didn't disappear. They are not dropped, there's another way to obtain them. Took me some time to find out.
(aka SirNoobs)

-- "If brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough."
LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

AlexisMagnus wrote:I finished it a couple of months ago, and from what you say, I believe the problem was that fangs were missing, so barrier didn't disappear. They are not dropped, there's another way to obtain them. Took me some time to find out.
Is that you Carago? Is there a clue in the books, they didnt make a huge amount of sense to me but I can try reading them again.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
AlexisMagnus

Post by AlexisMagnus »

LaughingCoyote wrote:
AlexisMagnus wrote:I finished it a couple of months ago, and from what you say, I believe the problem was that fangs were missing, so barrier didn't disappear. They are not dropped, there's another way to obtain them. Took me some time to find out.
Is that you Carago? Is there a clue in the books, they didnt make a huge amount of sense to me but I can try reading them again.

Hi LC. Yes, it's me, I used SirNoobs (85ish at that time) to do it.

Books purpose seems to be mostly telling EM's story, but they have a hint or two. Regarding fangs, I think the only clue they gave me was suspecting that they were not going to be obtained by dropping (can't explain more without spoiling). What worked for me was restarting everything later and checking thoroughly if I had missed anything - then I found it. Call me in game for more details if you wish :)
(aka SirNoobs)

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

does the map need work?
AlexisMagnus

Post by AlexisMagnus »

eggmceye wrote:does the map need work?
Not that I noticed. I'm going to try it again to be sure no recent update messed it, but I think the most important fix was already made, which is barricading EM's island against barrier bypassing via raft.

In my opinion, what is still missing is giving side quests to named NPCs - there's a couple of them sitting there for no purpose - and maybe filling up empty books. I also agree that a better warning in ArchMegaInstakillBastard mob cave would be advisable. If it was me, I'd at least add a lot of bone piles on the area around the boss, roughly marking its area of influence.

These are just small points that can be enhanced. The map is excellent, lots of great work in adding specific (and surprising!) mobs, puzzles - not only hack&slash - among others. Other maps may be also good in terms of playing, but not so many have such a strong and interesting story supporting their existence. I became a fan :)
(aka SirNoobs)

CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

AlexisMagnus wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 pm
eggmceye wrote:does the map need work?
Not that I noticed. I'm going to try it again to be sure no recent update messed it, but I think the most important fix was already made, which is barricading EM's island against barrier bypassing via raft.

In my opinion, what is still missing is giving side quests to named NPCs - there's a couple of them sitting there for no purpose - and maybe filling up empty books. I also agree that a better warning in ArchMegaInstakillBastard mob cave would be advisable. If it was me, I'd at least add a lot of bone piles on the area around the boss, roughly marking its area of influence.

These are just small points that can be enhanced. The map is excellent, lots of great work in adding specific (and surprising!) mobs, puzzles - not only hack&slash - among others. Other maps may be also good in terms of playing, but not so many have such a strong and interesting story supporting their existence. I became a fan :)
Thread Revival, thank you.

There are a few NPC that were there for quests. Unfortunately I have lost most of the documents for the development of the map. (on top of not playing regularly)

@egg If you're interested, I can do a once over for issues?
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
AlexisMagnus

Post by AlexisMagnus »

CIAassassin wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:49 am
Thread Revival, thank you.

There are a few NPC that were there for quests. Unfortunately I have lost most of the documents for the development of the map. (on top of not playing regularly)

@egg If you're interested, I can do a once over for issues?
Yes pleeeeease :mrgreen: ? I can help checking out mentioned points in detail ( NPCs, books, etc. ) and providing a comprehensive list. I bet others (such as LC) would gladly join the effort.
(aka SirNoobs)

LaughingCoyote

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Spent another couple of hours getting stuck with Celerion, Eax and Eclipse, until Speed put us out of our misery. <3 U Speed!

Suggestions to make it less annoying:

Countdown for mini bosses killed.
Countdown for fangs/charged fangs collected (since they dont show up in inventory).
Swapping out the void tile entrances to stairs/ladders/holes - very easy to miss it in low lighting or low nightvision. <-- this was the most annoying part.
Eternal Matriarch final form should be 2x2 or something.
XP for Eternal Matriarch should be higher.
Treasure rooms should have better loot.
Last edited by LaughingCoyote on Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

LaughingCoyote wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:05 pm Spent another couple of hours getting stuck with Celerion, Eax and Eclipse, until Speed put us out of our misery. <3 U Speed!

Suggestions to make it less annoying:

Countdown for mini bosses killed.
Countdown for fangs/charged fangs collected (since they dont show up in inventory).
Swapping out the void tile entrances to stairs/ladders/holes - very easy to miss it in low lighting or low nightvision.
Eternal Matriarch final form should be 2x2 or something.
XP for Eternal Matriarch should be higher.
Treasure rooms should have better loot.
This was wild getting an email about this map. I may have to jump back into EUO and play this map again.
Rikimaru