Chromebook

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

patdog53
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Chromebook

Post by patdog53 »

Hey guys, its Kezum. So, i havent been on EUO for a while, but i got a chromebook to begin playing EUO once more! But an app is needed to download the installation! any clues on what to do??? i miss you guys! :bs:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Chromebook

Post by Keighn »

Chromebook page

Chrome OS? I have no idea. Is this bugger pretty fast and easy to use?
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

patdog53 wrote:Hey guys, its Kezum. So, i havent been on EUO for a while, but i got a chromebook to begin playing EUO once more! But an app is needed to download the installation! any clues on what to do??? i miss you guys! :bs:
I know I'm late with this but Chromebook is basically WebTV 2.0 for the 21st century. It only runs web-based applications, so (as of this writing) anything with an installer (or requires installation) won't work. The bright side is that you're accessing the EUO message forums with the Cadillac of web browsers. ;-)
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

DrRude wrote:
patdog53 wrote:Hey guys, its Kezum. So, i havent been on EUO for a while, but i got a chromebook to begin playing EUO once more! But an app is needed to download the installation! any clues on what to do??? i miss you guys! :bs:
I know I'm late with this but Chromebook is basically WebTV 2.0 for the 21st century. It only runs web-based applications, so (as of this writing) anything with an installer (or requires installation) won't work. The bright side is that you're accessing the EUO message forums with the Cadillac of web browsers. ;-)
Although... in thinking about it, if Chrome ever came up with an Active X type compatible plugin that could use Remote Desktop Protocol like IE, it would be possible to turn EUO into a "web" based game of sorts. The game would be played in a window, similar to how we can interact with a remote desktop using VNC or RDP. It would also eliminate the need to install a binary on the player's machine. The downside, of course, is that all those copies of EUO running concurrently would need one helluva multi-core beast of a processor to handle the load.