why not have paid account as well as f2p?

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

DaDude
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

why not have paid account as well as f2p?

Post by DaDude »

some idea which crossed my mind the other night, thinking of the fine list of very cool stuff egg is going to do (some time when he gets time) viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4456 :) I think everybody will agree that it's a fine list with lots of fun stuff.

So I had the idea, which may be not a good idea to some? - to start VIP accounts for those gamers who are devoted so much they're willing to pay 5$ or such a sum a month. I got this idea from LOTRO which has VIP and free accounts. You still can play free and have fun, but VIPs get some cool stuff free players don't. Keep in mind that it's not necessary to become VIP to play the game, but egg could create some awesome gear or whatever only a VIP will be able to get.

On the other hand, maybe this would piss off some of the players base here, so I'm not sure it's a good idea, but I thought egg and other devs would be happier to program if there's some real $$$ and not only idealism involved.

I don't want to push anything, just suggesting a thing so it could be discussed among the loyal fanbase of EUO, as everyone here sure will agree THIS IS a FINE game, but fine games nee funding too, because "programmers need to eat".

So, I am displaying a possible bad idea before you, asking humbly for your very valued opinions, my favored fellow players:

Would YOU pay $ for the game if you got some awesome goodies for it? Or should I stuff this where the sun doesn't shine?

Anyway, I asked for it so give it to me guys :D
Last edited by DaDude on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: a suggestion

Post by Onyxt »

There was a thread created 2 years ago for this topic but nothing came of it. Either he decided it was a bad idea or just couldnt think of anything.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2811
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

my suggestion to you is that title your thread topics appropriately (eg 'why not have paid account as well as f2p') but otherwise, an excellent idea, even if it was in the list of mine that you linked LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON :2cool:
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Re: why not have paid account as well as f2p?

Post by Aerie »

i call bull shit...
(look at last line in the bullet points) :mad:

http://www.euotopia.com/index.php
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

paid / premium / vip account would be optional

stop posting kevin, I won't request it again, I'm so sick of your trolling
DaDude

Post by DaDude »

eggmceye wrote:an excellent idea, even if it was in the list of mine that you linked LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON :2cool:
so egg this is your turn :smile:

Just offer us a new VIP account system and at least me will be happy using it (and I'm sure many will follow):D
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

This idea is nice as long as it only offers cool things. If it gives advantade to people who becomes VIP its a bad thing.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
DaDude

Post by DaDude »

MoonGoat wrote:This idea is nice as long as it only offers cool things. If it gives advantade to people who becomes VIP its a bad thing.
I am chuffed about the info of egg that he finds my idea great and considers making vip/prem accounts for euo and sure he will not mess the f2p content :D

I will pay gladly to fund a game as great as this. And I look forward to enjoying whatever additional stuff he conjures up for VIP denizens :smile:
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

random ideas ( some good, some ....eh)

open the tp rooms again (maybe youd need a soulbound certificate? {VIP TP PASS})

montly/bimontly/biannual avatar certificates?

ofc some random cosmetic item for those collectors (maybe more as you go on, ex {first month addy crafting gear, few months rare item, one year uber item})

special mount (flying carpet/dragon mount)

more events (id pay to have more of these myself if i had to, a commitment from palyers should be paid forward by a commitment by DMS)

more pvp oriented events (CTF tourny maybe?)

free title with "gold account"

i have alot more ideas, but they kinda came to a screeching halt as soon as i realized how late it is haha, more to follow!
DaDude

Post by DaDude »

CinisterD wrote: open the tp rooms again (maybe youd need a soulbound certificate? {VIP TP PASS})
Isnt this already possible with ada coins at the moment?
CinisterD wrote: free title with "gold account"

i have alot more ideas, but they kinda came to a screeching halt as soon as i realized how late it is haha, more to follow!
you have great ideas ! I like them all ! Hope Max does, too ;)

- I'd also pay for special weapons/armour/buffs/etc. ! Let's say a super-vampyric staff of leeching +3 or something I'd buy this RIGHT AWAY !
- Special copy/paste "hunt 20 of these" for MASS XP GAIN
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

DaDude wrote:
CinisterD wrote: open the tp rooms again (maybe youd need a soulbound certificate? {VIP TP PASS})
Is it?
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
xShawtyx
Good morning, Captain.

Post by xShawtyx »

The only thing with more DM events.. all the DMs have quit playing. Spaz has been busy raising his little one.. Tyler is only god knows what.. Has Rusty even been around the last year? Who knows about any of the other ones!
Egg chopped off his arm to get rid of a rash, but its okay.. it'll grow back! He's a crab. Trist is my Fav TrollFace!!
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

DaDude wrote:

yeah i think so but theres a free, EACH time you use it. this would give you unlimited access, and theres 2 tp rooms, not one.
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

DaDude wrote: - I'd also pay for special weapons/armour/buffs/etc. ! Let's say a super-vampyric staff of leeching +3 or something I'd buy this RIGHT AWAY !
- Special copy/paste "hunt 20 of these" for MASS XP GAIN
this would never fly, the whole point is to give add-ons that dont give you a playable advantage, ie: no super weapons or armor that you can just buy
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

xShawtyx wrote:The only thing with more DM events.. all the DMs have quit playing. Spaz has been busy raising his little one.. Tyler is only god knows what.. Has Rusty even been around the last year? Who knows about any of the other ones!

well tyler hops on here and there, and its possible to find maybe one or two people who know coding well (i have a few clannies that are great with it, and i know other clans do to) and give them DM status, aaaand Max could do it dont forget. wouldnt have to be a daily thing, just more often than its happening now.
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Was rusty a DM? I thought he was just a GM :/
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Grunkk wrote:Was rusty a DM? I thought he was just a GM :/
Yeah, his Dm name is Beavis.
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Wow, THAT'S rusty? I thought they were different people... fml I need to get to know people better.
DaDude

Post by DaDude »

Egg, maybe you could combine this with the new glass coin idea? Or was this your plan all along? ;)
JerichoKane
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Post by JerichoKane »

As a noob, I would not be averse to a small monthy VIP thing... One thing would need to happen... If you pay no messing with Res Sickness, it is the single biggest bugbear I have with the game... If I am gonna pay, I don't want to have to mess with going to shrines.

Perhaps a certain number of items a month, like summon Banker scrolls etc could also be included?