The fighter class - What are your opinions

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Re: The fighter class - What are your opinions

Post by Severian »

Akyla wrote:So.... you don't understand how MR works yet you think you know how something works that isn't implemented yet? I was just pointing it out to Egg because that is a possible MEGA cheese. Pls hush.
No I won't. I don't appreciate people telling me to stop talking just because I am sharing an opinion.

You can point whatever you like out, and I can do the same.
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Magrock wrote:I want to suggest increasing damage for one handed weapons if you don’t use anything in the other hand.
Interesting idea.
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Post by WbBann »

I really like Magrock's idea if you have a 1H weapon but nothing in the other hand, i.e. a shield or another weapon then your damage could improve... Makes it unique.

I DON'T like Severion's idea about making all fighter stats 80/20... Some people like to play euo different to others and some want to do different things with stats, just because your stats are set that way is not a reason for everybody else to respecc. If you want to change weapon from halberd to claymore for example but your stats are set for halberd, its unlucky... Respecc or tolerate the reduced damage.

Regarding the berserker stance... Perhaps berserker stance nulling tactics isn't such a bad thing? Its not like fighters are going to become juggarnauts because of it... as the main form of damage is magic. Unless we had more melee monsters to pose threat towards fighters?
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

WbBann wrote:I DON'T like Severion's idea about making all fighter stats 80/20... Some people like to play euo different to others and some want to do different things with stats, just because your stats are set that way is not a reason for everybody else to respecc. If you want to change weapon from halberd to claymore for example but your stats are set for halberd, its unlucky... Respecc or tolerate the reduced damage.
I can understand why you wouldn't want to lose str, going from a 90:10 to 80:20, but my point is that polearms/maces just out-class swords/axes at the moment. In particular, polearms/maces have the highest dps 1h and 2h weapons, and they give you the better stat distribution. This is my main arguement. I certainly don't want to nerf anything or anyone, but I just thought it would be more reasonable to suggest all fighter skills have an 80:20 dmg optimisation stat split than to suggest a 90:10 split for all the fighter weapons. Perhaps 90:10 for all the weapons would have been a better suggestion in retrospect - I'm not sure ...
WbBann wrote:Regarding the berserker stance... Perhaps berserker stance nulling tactics isn't such a bad thing? Its not like fighters are going to become juggarnauts because of it... as the main form of damage is magic. Unless we had more melee monsters to pose threat towards fighters?
i think the tactics damage reduction refers to all damage.
Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

Post by Akyla »

Severian wrote:The damage will probably never fall to 0. I don't think egg would add all the modifiers and then apply them. Its more likely that there will be categories of modifiers and that each is applied to a damage amount, so have tanking stance on(-50% dmg), 100% tactics (-25% dmg) and using a shield (-25% magic damage) would probably result in you taking: 1*0.5 *0.75 *0.75 = 0.28125% of the original magic damage.

So in other words, if my assumption is right, then going fully defensive, you would take just over a quarter of the original damage. Not however that this does not take into account magic resistance. I'm not exactly sure how magic resistance works, but I think its like a saving throw, you either have enough MR and resist the spell, taking less damage, or you don't and take full damage.
This is not an opinion, this is an assumption. I was simply pointing out to Egg that if the effects stack (like he said tactics + berzerk stance would), then it could equal 100% dmg reduction. Even with your calculations do you really thing he wants to give fighters 77 some odd % of magic reduction? Only he knows how the formulas work, so this assumption is just spamming an ASS out of U and ME.

That's why I said hush. There was nothing absolutely useful in this statement and I consider it spam, sorry to say. Your two cents on how you ASSUME it works makes you look like a moron. What I stated was useful to EGG and EGG only for a possible CHEESE, no matter which way you calculate it.
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Akyla wrote:
Severian wrote:The damage will probably never fall to 0. I don't think egg would add all the modifiers and then apply them. Its more likely that there will be categories of modifiers and that each is applied to a damage amount, so have tanking stance on(-50% dmg), 100% tactics (-25% dmg) and using a shield (-25% magic damage) would probably result in you taking: 1*0.5 *0.75 *0.75 = 0.28125% of the original magic damage.

So in other words, if my assumption is right, then going fully defensive, you would take just over a quarter of the original damage. Not however that this does not take into account magic resistance. I'm not exactly sure how magic resistance works, but I think its like a saving throw, you either have enough MR and resist the spell, taking less damage, or you don't and take full damage.
This is not an opinion, this is an assumption. I was simply pointing out to Egg that if the effects stack (like he said tactics + berzerk stance would), then it could equal 100% dmg reduction. Even with your calculations do you really thing he wants to give fighters 77 some odd % of magic reduction? Only he knows how the formulas work, so this assumption is just spamming an ASS out of U and ME.

That's why I said hush. There was nothing absolutely useful in this statement and I consider it spam, sorry to say. Your two cents on how you ASSUME it works makes you look like a moron. What I stated was useful to EGG and EGG only for a possible CHEESE, no matter which way you calculate it.
That is simply your opinion. You are also making assumptions about what people (including egg) finds useful ... but unlike some people i don't censure people just because i don't like what they say. I also don't start name calling or trying to flame. Please grow up.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

cmon guys, hate seeing my euo children arguing like this
Akyla

Post by Akyla »

Sigh
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

What's gunna happen is that I'll do the changes, chuck em in, get lots of feedback then adjust the sliders so to speak.
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

Aren't you going to put them in alpha? Or is alpha only for major race changes.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

no one gives a shit about alpha so just chuck em on all servers and fix it as they need fixing
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

i love alpha. :D reset it por favor.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

doin the fighter update in next 10 mins, watch the updates thread
Akyla

Post by Akyla »

o.O
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

pray it doesn't suck
Cacktaw
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Cacktaw »

Nice. A man of ACTION!

Lets rock.
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

It's SOOO op... Akyla could solo bm.

(Although I helped a bit :))
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Akyla

Post by Akyla »

Eh only cos its bugged...

And mani spam of course. Mani spam...
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh what's bugged about it
Akyla

Post by Akyla »

Base damage is STILL lower without zerk stance activated (for 2h weapons).

Can still use zerk stance with 1h weapon equipped. It raises damage still too. Doesn't raise speed.

I take less dmg with zerk stance on?