Tips on getting into the online/multiplayer aspects?

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Veramocor
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Tips on getting into the online/multiplayer aspects?

Post by Veramocor »

Greetings all,

I'm still relatively new to EUO and so far have just played a few of the quests.

Any advice on starting to take advantage of the online aspects and/or multiplayer aspects of the game?

Now don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with having fun with EUO and just playing like Ultima 3 part II - in fact with over 100 quests to complete one could have plenty of fun doing just that. It's just that if there are other opportunities here since this *is* an online game and NOT just another Ultima, I want to make sure I'm taking advantage of everything I can take advantage of.

Handcuffing me somewhat is that between my job and my family I can get very busy and can't always predict when I'm going to be able to play, and sometimes even when I THINK I have an opportunity to sit down for an hour or two and play, something comes up. Are there aspects of the online/community thing that can still be taken advantage of even with such an unpredictable schedule?

Any advice on making sure I'm taking advantage of everything EUO has to offer will be appreciated!

Thanks
Veramocor
Ryukk
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Re: Tips on getting into the online/multiplayer aspects?

Post by Ryukk »

It doesn't really matter what time you are on, just ask who ever is online if they want to party/ run a heroic. If someone is on around your level they will prob want to run a heroic cause it is much better exp. However, i do speak for the PD SERVER since it is the only server I play on, but im sure its similar on the reg server.
"Be strong and of good courage, and do it:
Fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God,
will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee,
until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD."
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Re: Tips on getting into the online/multiplayer aspects?

Post by Gulnar »

You're not going to be "running a heroic" for awhile, but yeah, just ask on global. "Anybody want to hunt in ______ with a lvl _____ fighter?". Explore the continent a bit and find a dungeon that's a little to challenging for you alone and get some folks near your level to join you. There's a bonus to xp when you're partied with people near your level, which goes down as the level difference increases. Level 80 is a big cut off point., but if there are a decent number of players on you should be able to find somebody near your level who wants to party (you probably want to get to lvl 25ish before you start looking for other players so both you and the other guy have had a chance to figure out what you're doing).

The economy is pretty dysfunctional, but that's another online aspect you can take advantage of. Figure out what kind of gear you want and use the merchant search. You should be able to get some great gear for your level for less than 10,000.
kaiser's Tranos: The rulers of the aceint times lands, the most powerfull and feared carnovours, or whore they.