Scripter for hire

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

hellslave
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Scripter for hire

Post by hellslave »

I'm keen to see more maps get implemented (working on one of my own once i get around to fixing the PC it's on) and realise that I'm at a bit of an advantage to most of the other players when it comes to the scripting side of things as I have 4-ish years programming experience so seem to have managed to pick up lua relatively quickly.

SO - if you're making a map but can't quite get your head round the scripting for it, or even if you can think of a kick-ass DM event that brings something new to the table, post it here and I'll try and script it up for you (for a nominal fee, 10k gold for a basic script, leading up to 100k for something more complicated like the blood queen perhaps? - fee waived at least until I stop having insane amounts of fun doing the scripting :) ) Even after doing this the script will still need to be sent off to Atraxis/Egg to test out before it can be implemented!

If you request an interesting DM event type script no guarentees can be made as to how often the event will be held if it is approved by egg.

Request Guidelines:
  • Be as specific as possible!
    What monster should it be?
    What spells should it know? (or if you can think of something like Blood Drain that can be made out of current spells)
    What level should it be aimed at?
    What sort of damage should it do?
    Should glass/XJ/AEP/barbed work on it?
    What sort of items should it drop? (sensible requests only ¬_¬ not having guarenteed arties or enchants or anything. Actually might leave this up to my own judgement to scale with the difficulty of the mob, though if you want a chance of something specific to drop list that and i'll work it into the possible drops)
    You've all experienced scripted mob events before, you know the sort of things that are possible!
As I've already said I'm doing this to hopefully spur some more people on to try out mapping or even to come up with ideas for new content as I'm sure Atraxis and Rusty are busy with other things! Besides, it never hurt to have someone else help out. It also means that I can assist at least slightly with the growth of EUO as I suck at mapping (and tbh its long overdue, I've enjoyed EUO for about 6 years or something, it's about damn time I gave something back!)
Last edited by hellslave on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand :jam:
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Re: Scripter for hire

Post by LordMortiferus »

Project Giant Squib, Codename "Cthulhu"

Intro: Whirlpool 1x1 (btiles22) appears near a coast and increases in size to 2x2. In one corner a 1x1 squib appears that will make a full circle in the whirlpool before it becomes 2x2. Then the squib will move right to the coast and the whirlpool vanishes. Maybe the Squib could be tinted green with a script like weapons get their tinted color.

Attacks: melee and magic

Special Attack 1: Range
Since the battle takes place at the coast the squib can throw with fish and boots (low damage), driftwood (medium damage) and rocks (high damage).

Special Attack 2: Melee/Range
The squib can seize anyone in a radius of 2 squares with its tentacles, lift them over its head (should be animated) and throw them either into a random direction or at other players.

Special Attack 3: Summons of other sea creatures

Special Attack 4: Range
Shoots around with ooze or something alike, which blinds and confuses the target.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON That actually looks kinda cool : p
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
hellslave

Post by hellslave »

Maybe the Squib could be tinted green with a script like weapons get their tinted color.
Can't be done (to the best of my knowledge at least)
Special Attack 1: Range
Since the battle takes place at the coast the squib can throw with fish and boots (low damage), driftwood (medium damage) and rocks (high damage).
Don't think that could be animated, what would happen is that fish/boots etc would suddenly appear underneath the player (not visible until they moved because of the order things are drawn). I guess it could land beside the player and damage could be dealt. How would rocks work though? Rocks can't be walked on, could potentially bring the area of the event to standstill. Also possible that the DM would have to manually delete them (as was the case with phase anomalies that Atraxis spawned the other day)
Special Attack 2: Melee/Range
The squib can seize anyone in a radius of 2 squares with its tentacles, lift them over its head (should be animated) and throw them either into a random direction or at other players.
Seize can be done (the Kraken event a couple days back used it). Lifting them over its head, not sure about that one, I guess i could loop seize until the player was above the kraken and put the player to sleep to kinda simulate being held. Throwing them again wouldn't be animated, they'd just appear wherever they landed.
Special Attack 3: Summons of other sea creatures
Huzzah, this bit can work!
Special Attack 4: Range
Shoots around with ooze or something alike, which blinds and confuses the target.
Same deal as the first attack. Blind and confuse can be added though.

General notes:

Animations you've not seen in game before can't be done (with the exception of spell effects, e.g. dragoon warrior's circle of fire)
Tiles you've not seen in game can't be added (e.g. the Cthulhu tile couldn't be used unless egg added it to the server as well)
The idea sounds cool, but unfortunately it can't really be done (well it kinda can but it would look pretty bad IMO)
Some things that I say can't be done I may be wrong about, but I don't think I'll be that far off with the capabilities.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Here's my idea for a map that I was thinking of making. Can you let me know how possible/probable it is?

Valley of Pestilence

I want it to be a mid lvl map, starting for lvl 40ish to lvl 100ish at the end.

Details I'm not sure are possible:
* I'd like the map to be mostly or completely undead. Is there anyway we can set spawners that spawn stronger versions of normal monsters? I dont think normal melee undead mobs would be enough.
* I'd like to be able to have an event trigger on the map every few minutes, Erie Fog. I'd like this fog to debuff everyone, and cause anyone without protection on at the time to catch the plague, if possible, one that can't be cured. You just have to wait for the debuff to wear off. I'd also like to see this spawn zombies around the players. I know there probably isn't an animation in game that could work for this, but I figured a simple message warning of an erie fog would work. I would like it so it happened every few minutes on its own, but if that's not possible could they just be floor triggers that trigger the event?
* I'd like there to be some kind of switch or triggerable event that lights a unlit brazier in the final bosses area.

* Id like there to be a Ancient Vampire boss at the end with the following abilities:
*Blood Drain
*Immune to Turn undead (Actually is it possible to disable this spell for the whole map?)
*Gorge: Seizes a player and drains them of health continuously until his hp returns to full, he kills the player, or he reaches a certain amount of damage taken since he started the attack.
* Upon dying, I'd like him to spawn several bats that all drop vampire dust when killed. If you don't collect all of his ashes and put them in the "holy brazier," he just respawns.

Let me know how realistic any of this is please so I can start working on a map for it.
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

Eclips wrote:8===> :o
hellslave

Post by hellslave »

I'd like the map to be mostly or completely undead. Is there anyway we can set spawners that spawn stronger versions of normal monsters? I dont think normal melee undead mobs would be enough.
Yup, same way as Rusty did the ettins in deja vu. Simple enough, about a 5 line script that would be put into spawners (possibly tweak it for different spawners)
I'd like to be able to have an event trigger on the map every few minutes, Erie Fog. I'd like this fog to debuff everyone, and cause anyone without protection on at the time to catch the plague, if possible, one that can't be cured. You just have to wait for the debuff to wear off. I'd also like to see this spawn zombies around the players. I know there probably isn't an animation in game that could work for this, but I figured a simple message warning of an erie fog would work. I would like it so it happened every few minutes on its own, but if that's not possible could they just be floor triggers that trigger the event?
The map could be set to have a timer, however locating every player on the map could lag the server (if the map is say 100 x 100, thats 10,000 comparisons that it'll have to make to see if it's a player) forget that, 10k comparisons is nothing! I assume it could be set to give everyone plague however this plague MUST be curable (else it would be a new status effect which needs put into the engine!) Spawning zombies, same deal as locating the player, shouldn't be difficult, a message like "The undead start rising around you" and having a few zombies appear I actually really like the idea of, probably add in the summon sound effect to give an audio cue as well as the chat message.
I'd like there to be some kind of switch or triggerable event that lights a unlit brazier in the final bosses area.
I'll talk to Rusty about that one (he did it in nizweideux)
* Id like there to be a Ancient Vampire boss at the end with the following abilities:
*Blood Drain
*Immune to Turn undead (Actually is it possible to disable this spell for the whole map?)
*Gorge: Seizes a player and drains them of health continuously until his hp returns to full, he kills the player, or he reaches a certain amount of damage taken since he started the attack.
* Upon dying, I'd like him to spawn several bats that all drop vampire dust when killed. If you don't collect all of his ashes and put them in the "holy brazier," he just respawns.
Blood drain - do-able
Immune to Turn undead - would basically need to create it as a living monster and change the sprite, easily done (not so easily done for the whole map though, and i think egg mentioned something about it in the scripting thread as being a bit of a buggy cheese, not sure though)
Gorge - Seize is possible (used by the Kraken), could lock in the target and XMP him until at full health, until the player is dead, the reaching a certain amount of damage is do-able but a little trickier if you want e.g. 500 to be the absolute max damage it does before letting go (if you just want it to stop after the attack that tips the value over 500 it's really very simple)
minimising potential server lag) - technical crap on this below
Spawning several bats - do-able
making them drop vampire dust - do-able assuming vampire dust is still an item in game (did it not get removed?)
collecting ashes and putting them in the "holy brazier"... I'm not sure how possible that would be to be honest.

All around sounds awesome (and possible!), I look forward to seeing the map. Ooooo after thought on the fog, it should extinguish all players light sources whenever it occurs!
Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

I'll talk to Rusty about that one (he did it in nizweideux)
Egg made that map, not me.
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Could we have a fog event that triggers when a certain area of the map is reached?
The events having the following effects:
1. All players within radius with no protection gain plague.
2. All players with protection, lose status.
3. Triggers message of fog.
4. Triggers spawners.

For Ancient Vampire what if any vampire dust not deleted in a garbage bin, 1st one turns into ancient vampire, the rest turn into normal vampires? Is that easier to code?

Also, is it possible so he gorges a max percentage of the players xp? If not I would have it gorge a random amount between 200 and 500?
hellslave

Post by hellslave »

Can you confirm that it's damage that the vampire has taken since he started gorging or if it's that he has dealt a certain amount of damage to the target?

So far i've written up that it'll drain 30-50 damage per hit with a cut-off point of 2/3 of the player's max hp, and would stop if the vampire had reached full health again however the damage limit is more of a soft limit than a hard limit, e.g.

Player's max health = 100
limit = 66

it's possible that damage taken would be between 66 and 115 (could take 33 damage twice, or it's possible that it would take 33, 32 (taking it up to 65) and then potentially the full 50 damage taking it up to 115). I could put another check in if you want it to be a hard limit, though it would make it likely that the last attack will do very little damage
hellslave

Post by hellslave »

Ok eclips, been working on your ancient vampire for about an hour now, i'll list what i've got so far.

evil aligned ancient vampire called Lestat
he knows XMP and Blood Drain spells
he'll grab a target to as close to him as possible and start the Gorge attack:
details so far of Gorge:
Target is acquired and locked.
Target is seized by Lestat and paralysed for 10 seconds (gorge shouldn't last more than that)
Each second he will use his gorge attack on the target to deal 30-50 damage, healing himself for the full amount he deals
Once he reaches full health again he will stop and remove paralysis from the target
If he doesn't reach full health again he will continue until he has done between 2/3 and 2/3 + 49 of the target's max hp

When lestat is killed, he will spawn 9 bats around him
Each of these bats will drop vampire dust when killed.

What I need from you now, a name to replace Lestat (if you want something different that is)
How much health/int/mana/defense/AS/MR you want him to have
The amount of xp he should give and a damage range from melee attacks.
Feedback on what's already done (e.g 2/3 of the player's max health might be a bit steep!)

Don't need hard figures, but if you can relate those things to other monsters I can look up their values and put something appropriate in.
E.g. roughly 4 times the hp of a normal ancient vampire, 10 times the xp of a mino etc etc
Melee damage range would be best as actual numbers though

Quite a bit that I'm sure Atraxis will need to fix up unfortunately (mainly the damage limit using the target's stats, haven't seen that in sample scripts so making it up as I go along with a bit of guesswork)

Hopefully I'll catch you in game to discuss these things, would be easier than doing it on the forum
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

Maybe instead of 2/3 max hp could it be 3/5 to 4/5?

If he can still gorge and and blood drain when he's been throat striked I don't want him to have a massive amount of hp. I'd prefer he have like 1000 hp, and have him just be drain crazy.

Maybe 20-35 melee damage with the AS and DEF of a lvl 80 fighter?

600 MR

Probably 2x the xp of mothra (maybe more depending on how much he gives)
HyStErIcAl
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Location: Gin Gin, Queensland, Australia, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe 342?

Post by HyStErIcAl »

2x WTF. I'm lv 80 And I slaughter moths,, perhaps 10x moth xp ?
-.-
HyStErIcAl
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Location: Gin Gin, Queensland, Australia, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe 342?

Post by HyStErIcAl »

2x WTF. I'm lv 80 And I slaughter moths,, perhaps 10x moth xp ?
-.-
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

nice double post
hellslave

Post by hellslave »

ibrowniedefender wrote:nice double post
HyStErIcAl wrote:2x WTF. I'm lv 80 And I slaughter moths,, perhaps 10x moth xp ?
Maybe he felt he had to post it twice to get his point across :)