Support the GM's and behave please

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Support the GM's and behave please

Post by Kracky »

Okay I will probably take heat and flames for this thread but I am getting tired of GM's taking all these complaints and not deserving them. If you follow the rules and behave you will never have a problem with them.

They are NOT paid or compensated in any way for the hard work they do keeping a eye on things and helping players out. They are very experienced players that are trying to make EUO a better game for everyone. These players have volunteered there time in playing to keep chat and people from misbehaving too badly.

Anyone that gets gagged or banned has had ample warnings on their actions. I have yet to see anyone warned gagged jailed or banned for something they did not deserve.
All these complainers and whiners about being gagged and banned have had ample warning and examples from others to see they need to behave or get punished.

Being gagged or jailed for 3 minutes isn't a harsh punishment and should serve as warning you need to grow up and play decent or your on the way to getting a ban. If it weren't for the GM's giving their time to the game it would be a horrendous mess you would not want to play in.

So please everyone take a breath, THINK before you type that cuss or stupid remark and help support the GM's by behaving and playing nicely with others. With the large numbers of players appearing on a daily basis 10-25+ we need people to make parties or /msg each other to keep global from becoming so bad that new players can't talk or get help and we lose those new people for good.

So please support all the GM's. Thank you.
Last edited by Kracky on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VataraSei
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: Support the GM's and behave please

Post by VataraSei »

THANK YOU!!! I am glad someone finally takes the side of the GM's and DM's besides me and egg!!!
It may have been a Cheap shot but it was the only shot I could afford!!! ( Gerrard - Magic The Gathering )
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

VataraSei wrote:THANK YOU!!! I am glad someone finally takes the side of the GM's and DM's besides me and egg!!!
Not true. Everyone else just shows it by obeying the rules and not whining on the forums.
DrBiggie
on lolpatrol

Post by DrBiggie »

:--;: Will a forum mod move this to the global chat thread where it belongs, and then do everyone another favor and lock it? Nobody hates the GMs. Vatara, I don't know why you feel like it's you and the GMs vs the world, but it's not. Did I post a thread complaining about what I thought was excessive gagging? - Yes. Did it do any good? - Maybe, maybe not. Does it mean I don't support the GMs or egg or EUO? - Not at all. It's egg's game, egg's rules, and they're his GMs. If something changes, it's up to him, not me or any other number of complainers and whiners. I was just putting in my small 2 cents about one single issue, not saying that I don't respect the GMs. Trust me, nearly everyone is glad that they're here. Except for firepox.
"I should make a gold suit of armor for my pimp"

DrBiggie: wtfs up Raiden?!
Raiden: you high?
Skullybones
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Skullybones »

GMs are fags. So are you :o
Assailant
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Assailant »

VataraSei wrote:THANK YOU!!! I am glad someone finally takes the side of the GM's and DM's besides me and egg!!!
1.) Stop kissing ass.
2.) Agreed with Biggie. Your making it sound like the big bad player base is gonna overrun EUO with their big bad cuss words and cruel jokes. :--;:
3.) Everyone loves GM's at the moment because firepox got banned so stfu.
DarkIllusionist
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DarkIllusionist »

Just because i don't make a long extended post on a topic that seems largely irrelevant (mainly because no body really abuses GM's as far as i can tell) Does not mean im not "on there side".

I obey the rules, i think thats enough.
ChildProdigy
Xero
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Xero »

I'm not kissing ass here but I would like to say that Heph or PowerMite as I know him or Keign(???) as he is known on the forums, is a very decent and fair GM. All the time I have known him, he has not allowed his personal opinions to interfere with what is right or wrong and does not hold a grudge or favor players. He is not respected from fear and treats all players as his friend, not just another player. He understands how to keep players playing the game and helping people socialize with one another. I haven't met any other GMs....
When I see PowerMite come on as himself or an alt, I feel as if a friend of mine has come online, not that I just passed a cop going 15 over the speed limit...
From playing other mmorpgs, I have seen many cases in abuse of powers and this largely goes unchecked and players end up kissing those GMs ass from fear of being banned or put on their "bad list".
It's always good when you find those in power which haven't been corrupted by their power. It's rare and should be appreciated.
If all the GMs are as fair and nice towards the players as he is, then Egg has done a good job choosing his staff.
Assailant
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Assailant »

Xero wrote:I'm not kissing ass here but I would like to say that Heph or PowerMite as I know him or Keign(???) as he is known on the forums, is a very decent and fair GM. All the time I have known him, he has not allowed his personal opinions to interfere with what is right or wrong and does not hold a grudge or favor players. He is not respected from fear and treats all players as his friend, not just another player. He understands how to keep players playing the game and helping people socialize with one another. I haven't met any other GMs....
When I see PowerMite come on as himself or an alt, I feel as if a friend of mine has come online, not that I just passed a cop going 15 over the speed limit...
From playing other mmorpgs, I have seen many cases in abuse of powers and this largely goes unchecked and players end up kissing those GMs ass from fear of being banned or put on their "bad list".
It's always good when you find those in power which haven't been corrupted by their power. It's rare and should be appreciated.
If all the GMs are as fair and nice towards the players as he is, then Egg has done a good job choosing his staff.
:cry: Aww how cute
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I actually feel kinda bad I banned anyone to tell the truth. It really is rare for me to do such a thing. Given a little time and a proper asking to be unbanned to egg will usually result in you gaming in a weeks time or less. Spamming forums is certainly not the way to go in poor firepox's case. Replying in the ban thread to someone elses post is also frowned upon. Personally, I wish egg would delete all the posts in that thread and take it back to the original post stating the rules. Sure, some posts can be amusing the first time around, but they really don't do much more than that or than remind us that people can be ignorant.

As to all these other threads about spamming global, support GMs, etc; I'm rather meh on the subject. Sure we like to know there is some amount of respect for us but really, we're just gamers like all of you. I'm only responding in this thread atm, since the server is down.
ZUPS!!!!
Revan
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by Revan »

:roll: This topic already died in a different thread, why resurrect it? /end
goemon: "Anyone wanna give me enchanted wood?"
KingDavid
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by KingDavid »

One thing, the GM's BY NO MEANS work hard. They play a game then enjoy and get to enjoy it more then the rest of us by having the power of eliminating nuisances. Also if everyone behaved there would be no GMs, so they should be thanking all the tards who give them a chance to feel cool by using GM commands. :lesson:
Be strong and of good courage; fear not or be dismayed; for the Lord, even my God, will be with thee. He will not fail thee, till thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
VataraSei
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by VataraSei »

KingDavid wrote:One thing, the GM's BY NO MEANS work hard. They play a game then enjoy and get to enjoy it more then the rest of us by having the power of eliminating nuisances. Also if everyone behaved there would be no GMs, so they should be thanking all the tards who give them a chance to feel cool by using GM commands. :lesson:
Actually they do have alot of work, Egg expects them to make sure the game runs smoothly so that he doesn't have to be on 24/7. They don't even get paid to do it. Then they have to put up with noobs yelling at them for nothing better then to look cool. Sadly I doubt there will ever be a day that we don't need GM's and DM's.
It may have been a Cheap shot but it was the only shot I could afford!!! ( Gerrard - Magic The Gathering )
Skullybones
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Skullybones »

But.. what do the GMs really do for you? Gag people who say bad words on global or put orange text on your screen too fast? Pretty sure you have the power to /global off yourself. That or get the fuck over it and stop whining. Stop making them look like white knights on valiant steeds rushing to your rescue at every turn. Like King David implied, GMs really don't do shit. In the event that a hacker logs on and a GM bans them, I'll take back that they don't do ANYTHING, but thats as far as I'll take it (because bans don't really do anything either, as I've demonstrated).
KingDavid
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by KingDavid »

Yeah, I don't mean to hate on GM's since they are all cool as far as I know, I just cant stand these little ass kissers. Like skully pointed out Gms dont do anything the player themself cannot do, aside from get rid of a hacker (no one hacks EUO tho sorry, so that doesnt count) and the occasional player reset (which probably happens what 1 or 2 times a month). Vatara what is all this hard work they do? Its not like EUO is WoW and supports over 13 million players. Gms are pretty much needed in all games, but euo is one of those games on the brink of not needing any, so stop licking their balls. :cool:
Be strong and of good courage; fear not or be dismayed; for the Lord, even my God, will be with thee. He will not fail thee, till thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
DarkIllusionist
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DarkIllusionist »

Actually they do have alot of work, Egg expects them to make sure the game runs smoothly so that he doesn't have to be on 24/7. They don't even get paid to do it. Then they have to put up with noobs yelling at them for nothing better then to look cool. Sadly I doubt there will ever be a day that we don't need GM's and DM's.
It really is such a small community that i wouldn't think its "hard" to be a GM. For example, if someone is an ass, you mute them, if someone stole such and such item, its not to hard to track them down and tell them to give it back.

To be honest, the game runs rather smoothly anyway. They might have to press the mute button a few times, but otherwise its all good.
ChildProdigy