FS:HOUSES, AVATARS, NAMED WEAPONS & RES STONES

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Re: FS:HOUSES, AVATARS, NAMED WEAPONS & RES STONES

Post by Eidolon »

Perhaps I should ask in the vampire thread, but this seems more appropriate.

Any chance player housing will get added to the two underground towns for vampires only? Or possibly give up our old house (making it available for other players to purchase) and we manually move all our stuff to the new house in the coven? Maybe $5 fee for your inconvenience of opening up two houses for us at once to move back and forth, and have a window of like 2 days to get all our shit outa the old house?
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I think we need more stuff to buy so we can support the game. Here are some ideas:

-Buying a higher level cap for a player (IE $10 for every 50 to 100 levels above 450).
-Buying a personal dungeon under your house.
-Buyable pegasus mounts or flying carpets.
-More pet buffs at the addy coin shoppe (IE being able to have two pets, having an MR wand to add half of the player's MR to the pet, etc).
-Buyable access to a special town with 24 hour shops, cheaper prices, portals to dungeons.
-Automated buyable portals for houses in addy coin shoppe to dungeons.
-Buyable fishing pole that uses old fishing method.
-Move speed perma buff buyable at addy coin shoppe.
-Buyable "level 16" map at addy coin shoppe that guarantees an artifact, WoT, or something else nice.
-Buyable access to a special dungeon that has better loot, more exp, etc.
-Buyable access to extell's tower, kybare's portal room, or make a new portal room.
-Buyable slow digestion with the benefit of never being bloated (for those who use food as buffs).

Let me know if I should move this to the ideas thread.
IGN: 1
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

Can we please PLEASE get some more buyable avatars? I really want to buy a better looking Dwarf avatar but none are for sale !
May your beard be ever soaked in ale rather than vomit
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Are there still T-Shirts and Caps available?
ritari
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by ritari »

Are we ever getting buyable custom title for pd server? Not all live there for death.
1 + 1 = 2
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I've changed the min purchase qty (or indeed the purchase multiple) of addy coins to 20, ie $2 per bag of 20. This is purely because if you just buy 10 for $1, paypal takes out an appalling 33c in fees :cry:
brentoboy
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by brentoboy »

Is there any way to transfer some coins between characters?

I bought a decent number of addy coins all at once, sort of expecting to be able to share the wealth between my characters. Come to find out (after buying them) that they are soulbound, and so are res stones and many other things I could buy with them.

I can see how you might want to bind addy coins to my "account" so I can't give addy coins to other players but I'm kind of stuck with one guy who has all the goods. But I'd like to argue the case that making addy coins openly tradable would increase the number that you sell.

Here's my logic:
1) there are (and always will be) people who will never pony up and buy addy coins.
2) people who don't buy addy coins would have no problem at all spending them (if they had some).
3) people who do purchase them generally wont do it again until they run out.
4) there may very well be people out there who would never feel the need to up and buy addy coins but might decide to do once they have had the pleasure of spending some.

now, to build on that, consider the thought that, when a person who actually bought some addy coins trades them off to a person who doesn't plan on purchasing addy coins, it actually makes it more likely that BOTH of those two players will purchase more addy coins than they would have had they not made the trade. The player already accustomed to purchasing them will run out sooner. And the one not accustomed to using them may find that he likes them and might purchase some when he otherwise may never have decided to try it out. Either way, the game itself looses nothing.

For a real world example: As it is now, Duncan will probably never run out of Addy coins. I've WoT'd up his equipment, and I have a couple of Res stones. I'll never have a reason to buy so much stuff that Duncan will need to buy more addy coins. And I will probably never buy some for another of my characters knowing how much I already spent on the coins Duncan has but probably wont end up using.

If I could trade them to my other characters, they'd all buy a couple of res stones, and eventually need to WoT some gear, or change race or build a cool avatar or whatever. Duncan may have enough that a single character will never need to buy more, but he doesn't have enough to support a half dozen alts.

Also, If I could use them to buy cool equipment from some Lvl 1000 character who is hoarding lots of cool stuff I want, I probably would do that too. Either way, it gets me closer to the point where I personally would spend more money.

I bring this all up because I was considering making a new alt, but decided against it because if it turned out to be a fun character to play, I wouldn't have a res stone and I don't intend to buy more addy coins until I actually use up the ones I already bought. Having addy coins has actually restricted the way I play the game rather than expanded it, and I figured that was not your intent when you created them. - so I figured I'd share.

You could always soulbind "awarded" coins without soulbinding "purchased" coins, if you are worried that awarded coins might bring down the overall value of the purchased ones.

anyway, /rant
PD: Duncan
Reg: Zen / Natasha
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Email me and I'll move yr coins...
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

I'd like to place an order for one epic dwarf Avatar and one kickass Bear mount. A gryphon would suffice. But not one of those damn robot ostriches, im not a gnome.
May your beard be ever soaked in ale rather than vomit
kusofthevalley
I used to bake rockcakes in my bakery.

Post by kusofthevalley »

Egg, if someone (like me) wants to buy some addy coins for several of their characters, is it easier for you if they are bought separately, or the buyer buys them all for one character and then asks you to reappropiate them?
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

kusofthevalley wrote:Egg, if someone (like me) wants to buy some addy coins for several of their characters, is it easier for you if they are bought separately, or the buyer buys them all for one character and then asks you to reappropiate them?
buy them on one char, then send them to the bot in batches so you can spread them around between your alts on diff servers
/sendcoins
http://euotopia.com/manual/index.php/Slash_Commands
kusofthevalley

Post by kusofthevalley »

Oh!

Sorry, I never knew that /command existed. Ace.

*gets out wallet*
*once the girlfriend has gone to bed*
Ugrog, EleganceBlade, Zelephereth, Polyphemus, Richard, LordHighgate, Quentin, Valley, ad infinitum
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

not sure which order you should do it because you can only claim back one stack at a time (but don't know if it's oldest or newest) - experiment a bit -- but yeh send them in batches - start with 2 to work out the order
kusofthevalley

Post by kusofthevalley »

Cheers Egg,

I would normally feel guilty asking dumb questions, but seeing as I just bought you a couple of pints, how does /respec2 work? I don't think its in the /command bit of the manual. :)

*edit*
Maybe I should clarify - I leveled at the shrine of vitality instead of versatility with one of my alts, so I was hoping to wipe all his levels. I tried simply /respec2 but it says I have 8 points to allocate and that I'll be returned to level 13. I'm afraid I don't understand the significance of these numbers...!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I can't remember why respec2 exists - I think it's so you can strip off 38 levels then go to maeondir (and multiclass presumably).

If you want to get rid of yr maeondir (ie the opposite) levels you don't need respec2 but rather go to humility shrine and talk to the npc there.
kusofthevalley

Post by kusofthevalley »

Hmph.

I'll make sure that's clear in the manual!
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

What about the ability to transfer non soulbound items between servers for addy coins? Obviously you would not be able to transfer anything from or to weekly. Would this be too overpowered or pay to play? My thinking was that each item transfered would cost a certain number of coins and you could leave the item with the delivery bot and then pay him to pick it up. Maybe the cost could also be based on item level?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Testing something since I'm having a shit time linking a picture in the manual.
housing 1.png
Yeah I'm trying to link the picture in here Player Housing Manual to describe how to get crap out of chests.

Can someone in the manual fix that for me or tell me here how to fix it. Seems all the instruction I got from wiki manuals say external images has to be enables or some shiz.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kusofthevalley

Post by kusofthevalley »

Do you need a picture? All we need to say is:

If you find that you have a lot of containers in your house, it is useful to know how the game decides which you are trying to open. If there is more than one container adjacent to you, when "buying" or "selling" the game will attempt to open the chest directly above you - if no such chest exists, it will open the next chest clockwise from it

Or something similar
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, if I know how to put pictures in then it makes it easier for future editing in other parts. Currently I'm stumped.