Ecomonic system

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

laz
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: Ecomonic system

Post by laz »

I understand that, it just seems far too much more difficult to implement. There would have to be a restructuring of the skills and of the way they are raised (what you can get at which skill %) so that new players could 'get along' the trading system. Plus, i suspect it could take quite a long time until there were "established" trading goods.

Now that i think of it, I do have lots of gems (topaz, rubies...) laying around - if they had some valuable use they could be used for trade -- but then wouldn't it be just replacing the gold for the gems?

Its kinda late for me to think about something like a barter system in euo. Maybe later.

Thanks for the feedback though :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON:
Heikki
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Heikki »

Item upgrade merchant:

Will zap items like x-fer wand (Just pile item + money to NPC:s table):

Stat from:
25 to 26 = 100 k
26 to 27 = 200 k
27 to 28 = 400 k
28 to 29 = 800 k
30 to 31 = 1,5 mill
31 to 32 = 3 mill

Def:
4 to 5 = 250 k
5 to 6 = 1mill
6 to 7 = 5 mill

NV +MR:
3 to 4 = 200 k
4 to 5 = 3 mill

Weapon:
6 to 7 = 500 k
7 to 8 = 2 mill
8 to 9 = 8 mill

(Maybe merchant soulbond items, or maybe not :) ?)

People gets better items and soon there will be really low amount of gold in EUO and all enjoy? ;)
Reg Heikki, Pyttipannu, Nappo
PD Soturi R.I.P , Taikuri, Rosvo

Joke of day:
A skeleton walks into a bar - orders a beer and a mop
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Why neglect lesser + values?
ZUPS!!!!
KingDavid
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by KingDavid »

Sounds like a good idea, but would def have to make those items become soulbound.
Be strong and of good courage; fear not or be dismayed; for the Lord, even my God, will be with thee. He will not fail thee, till thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord.
laz

Post by laz »

It is a good idea, but i fear it will be target by egg's rage.. if not, i'd hardly see it coming through.

But here's a little help: egg said there is too much gold. Why not combine Heikki's idea with egg's "commandment" and hard-code a maximum gold amount available (i imagine having knowledge of the current amount of gold in-game might take some enginious coding) and remove gold from drops (available only perhaps in treasure chests)?

Later in the game, a solution could be devised so that if there is a certain amount of gold in "server" possession - say, 3bn gp - then 15% of that could be set for re-instating gold in drops.

Summing up:

+ Gold-based item upgrade merchant
+ stage 1: removing gold from drops
+ stage 1: implementing maximum gold available in-game (would say around 5-7 bn gp)
+ stage 2: if reserves are met, allocate a percentage of "server/banked" gold to be available from drops.

For setting a maximum gold amount AS OF NOW, i'd roughly say there are probably 5 players (max) with 1million gp, 20 with 500K and the rest lets assume to be a total of 3million: that makes it 1000k + (20*500)k + 3000k = 14000k (or 14million) gp.

So, in these settings, establishing a max of 20million gp would be more than enough, leaving the 14million to the players and 6million to the "server/bank" to manage (since gold from drops would be temporarily removed, gold would be required to give to players who sell stuff to npc's).

Don't see this as inflating gold's value as before, but possibly a way to see a barter system being implemented - gold would be a limited resource and trading could (would/should ?) begin with other items...

Good?
:knife:
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

you make egg sound like some sort of a crazy tyrant, haha
I'd roughly say there are probably 5 players (max) with 1million gp
and thats extremely wrong, i'd "roughly say" its more like 25-30 mil just in the top 5 richest euo players.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

What is the real underlying problem here? Is it a bunch of disgruntled newb/midplayers that are jealous that they don't have uber gear and lots of wealth that they're feeling oppressed or something? Good Grief! Yeah, the game has gone through many changes since its inception. There has been a few gold wipes I believe to my knowledge. I just don't get what the big fuss is. It's been proven that economics in RPGs generally suck ass, but it is a fantasy game. I like to "pretend" I'm wealthy somewhere even if it is in my imagination or in a game. You want money, find an angle and milk it for all its worth. Money can be made or lost depending on what you want. Quit your bitching and get and your Richy Rich game face on!
ZUPS!!!!
laz

Post by laz »

Eidolon wrote:i'd "roughly say" its more like 25-30 mil just in the top 5 richest euo players.
Ok, i was just 'guess-timating', my suggestion could be adjusted to more accurate values.

By no means I wanted to mean egg was a tyrant, though that'd be a funny picture ahahahah
Keighn wrote:What is the real underlying problem here? Is it a bunch of disgruntled newb/midplayers that are jealous that they don't have uber gear and lots of wealth that they're feeling oppressed or something? Good Grief!
Since i'm the lowest lvl replying, i must assume you were addressing me. I have no problem with other's wealth or gear and i have what i have, good or bad.
Keighn wrote:It's been proven that economics in RPGs generally suck ass, but it is a fantasy game.
Sure, but it also seems to be a point worthy to explore and (hopefully) improve. If the economics could be made better, the whole game would benefit and so would the players - old and new. And it feels like there is a whish on egg's part to improve a lot of areas, this is just one of them.
Keighn wrote:I like to "pretend" I'm wealthy somewhere even if it is in my imagination or in a game. You want money, find an angle and milk it for all its worth. Money can be made or lost depending on what you want. Quit your bitching and get and your Richy Rich game face on!
Pretend all you like, or even better, go for it. Who is to tell you I don't want to be rich but instead want to help out developing a good game like this? And I have found an angle and I do milk it, thank you very much.

There is a big difference between bitching and suggesting. Your initial posts where much more constructive.. :)
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

The quickest way to make a million gold is with a player merchant. Back on reg I had over a million gold on a lvl 60 before the wipe and on PD I have well over 3.5 mill. If player merchants are eliminated though then gold will become a lot harder to come by.