Tell me you agree

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Assailant
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Tell me you agree

Post by Assailant »

Although new clans are alright. Also, seeing as how we have SPT there is no god damn reason for a new clan every 2 days thats full of complete noobs. Rurik is already helping out noobs in SPT .Goemon's clan is just invented to mess around. But this other bs like Razc is just stupid. Can we for the love of god vote on no new clans unless your over a certain level or something?
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Tell me you agree

Post by L1ndaP »

No, I don't agree, anyone can make a clan if they want. If Egg didn't want them to, then he wouldn't have put it in game.
Kendal Kaelyn Stryker
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

If you remember, egg didn't want them to for the longest time.

It seemed like he gave us the option to due to popular demand of the feature, or to just get all of the newbs asking for clans off of his back (including me :P)

But I do think that there should be some kind of requirement to create a clan, so that people can't create a clan with the sole purpose of getting a cheap laugh.

Maybe some sort of gold sink? We need more of those. Also a level requirement to show that you have some dedication to the game and take it seriously?

I think anyone should be able to make their own clan, but I think that they should at least have to work for it a little bit. That'd prevent people that didn't actually care either way from making a retarded clan for their own amusement.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Lanphrost
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.
Location: Here and there, mostly nowhere, but sometimes I'm exaclty where you're looking.

Post by Lanphrost »

I feel sort of stupid posting in here, since I am really new, but I agree with you all. It's very annoying in any game to have huge amounts of crappy clans that will most likely disband just because there was no reason for them to have a clan in the first place. (I still feel a little stupid for posting here though, because if some sort of level 100 requirement is set, I'll be working my butt off just to re-start my clan I'm building)
Hehe, catch me if you can =^.~=
Be the first person to kill me in two or more hits, and you win 10K
CMIYC service is currently: Up and running
Password to claim your prize is currently: Res stone (msg me after PK)

Recent people to win:
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

What ever. Newbie clans don't mean that much, except maybe that they're friends and play EUO together. If it becomes a serious clan with long term players, then applying for a Clan Hall would be another matter. Otherwise, who cares what newbie makes what clans? It's not as if they're asking for a clan hall.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
WbBann
Here for the lesbians.

Post by WbBann »

Exactly... What LC says. The newb clans are mainly for groups of friends and stuff, take that away from them and its stupid.
Assailant

Post by Assailant »

ChrisCooper wrote:If you remember, egg didn't want them to for the longest time.

But I do think that there should be some kind of requirement to create a clan, so that people can't create a clan with the sole purpose of getting a cheap laugh.

Maybe some sort of gold sink? We need more of those. Also a level requirement to show that you have some dedication to the game and take it seriously?

I think anyone should be able to make their own clan, but I think that they should at least have to work for it a little bit. That'd prevent people that didn't actually care either way from making a retarded clan for their own amusement.
Exactly the point im trying to get across. Just kinda put it into bad words.
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

Maybe 100k to start a clan and 10k per week the clan is still formed? Money to be automatically taken out of the leader's inventory every Sunday when the clan scoreboard updates or the clan is auto-disbanded. This would incur a little bit of responsibility on the leader's part and the ongoing fees would insure that the clan isnt just still around because people who have quit just didnt disband it before they did so.
Assailant

Post by Assailant »

I don't care if its for friends or whatever but, as soon as a new player asks like "Where's the nearest shrine" and Razc goes "That's a clan invite" it's just stupid and annoying.
VataraSei
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by VataraSei »

well as a player for a good while I think to start a clan you should need to be level 50 minimum, 300k to start a clan ( to help with the gold sink ).
Bk
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bk »

I think that new clans should have a large fee to get started, but all clans should have some sort of weekly/monthly fee. This would encourage members to go hunt and collect the loot from hunting parties to contribute to keeping their clan going, because from what I see now, the only reason there are clans is for people to hang out, there's not really a clan I can think of right now that seems to be extremely clan active, except for new clans, of course that's how every clan was, and eventually it dies down, the flame to do huge hunting parties turns into a smoldering ember, but w/e you don't have to be in these new clans so you all that are against them can just ignore them, kill them (if they're pvp, probably not though), or get off your lazy asses and go hunt dragons because lord knows these new clans (the newbie ones) couldn't take one if they all were partying together...
Bk

Post by Bk »

Wanna see something funny? :cool:

Clan Scoreboard

Xen doesn't have a single member over lvl 30 and it's #3... Of course if their inactivity goes up a little, then it will probably have a large affect, but hey, they're doing better than a lot of clans :cool: So why take away their right for them to share a similar string of characters inside the brackets displayed to the right of their names?
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

I've realized that all anyone is suggesting for fixes on current issues is "Maybe we can incorporate some kind of gold sink!"

Yeah, I know, I've suggested it a few times myself, but.... I think it's time we started getting creative about fixing the issues. We don't want euo to be one giant gold sink. That's a pretty bad idea in the long run.

Maybe to ensure that tons of retarded, pointless clans don't get made, we can incorporate more requirements to be able to start a clan.

There are plenty of sound ways to go about this.

1) Play time requirement. Maybe have inability to form a clan if the leader hasn't put at least 100 hours total into playing the game?

2) No newb members. Level 20 requirement to join/start a clan. This way, people don't tell their friends to make accounts and join their clan just to make it official.

3) Longer clan charter. 2 other members to start a clan is too easy to do. Bumping this number up to 5, maybe even 10, would ensure that whoever was trying to make a clan was really serious about it.

Just some thoughts?
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

No one has really explained why it even matters. Who cares if someone makes "a retarded clan for their own amusement?" How does that affect you? :uhh:
Bk

Post by Bk »

Stinger wrote:No one has really explained why it even matters. Who cares if someone makes "a retarded clan for their own amusement?" How does that affect you? :uhh:
Egg-sackly :cool:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

there is nothing wrong with clans, stop complaining about nothing