Spiderkeys: STOP STEALING HUNTING SPOTS.

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Rufio
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Rufio »

Quit being so hard on him, we all have done it a time or two and this was one of those times. :--;:

Is it ongoing or is it everyone once in a while? :?

Rufio
Rufio - Level 314 - Bloodkin - Mage
http://euotopia.com/plyr.php?p=Rufio&serv=reg
Stinger
I'd laugh if I saw a centaur IRL

Post by Stinger »

LaughingCoyote wrote:This is the third time that I've had you go into Mino Halls while I was in the process of taming minotaurs and refusing to leave when asked.

The first time was understandable as Mino Halls is pretty popular, and its easy to mistake that the map is unused when the respawn rate is so quick, so I left.

The second time was annoying... and I stupidly decided to lure minos to annoy you in return... which I admit was acting childishly.

I'm sorry, I should have just complained to a GM instead.

But this is the last straw, Spiderkeys, will you please stop stealing hunting grounds when it is obvious that someone else is using it and doesn't want you to be there.

There are plenty of other maps with minotaurs in them. If there is someone using the map already, you can train in them instead. Try Netherterra or River's End.
This was not just "one of those times."
Lemonope wrote:And he told me to say, he does not PURPOSELY steal huntin grounds. If he sees somebody he goes off and go off a fair distance and gives room to the player that was there before him.
And it doesn't sound like an accident either :--;: .
Kodiak
Stop posting already --;

Post by Kodiak »

Stolen hunting spots make me SO ANGRY!

Old news, get over it, it's been happening forever. Just do what we used to do, what Mackey said. Violence is your answer, no whining on forums.
If you treat them like equals, it only encourages them to think they are your equals. -Thief

It's not my fault you suck. -Me
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

Violence isn't the better answer when the player stealing your hunting grounds is 3x your level. Raiden storms into the pit where I was hunting, says "I can do whatever I want" kills me, and goes on to kill more dragons. Can I take him? No. Was there a GM or DM on? No. Does that make him right? No.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Kodiak
Stop posting already --;

Post by Kodiak »

Well then that's a question of his morality, nothing can be done and the only person who could stop it was him. If he wants to act the douche he can be the douche.
If you treat them like equals, it only encourages them to think they are your equals. -Thief

It's not my fault you suck. -Me
jumpstart
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by jumpstart »

Zilverlight wrote:Violence isn't the better answer when the player stealing your hunting grounds is 3x your level. Raiden storms into the pit where I was hunting, says "I can do whatever I want" kills me, and goes on to kill more dragons. Can I take him? No. Was there a GM or DM on? No. Does that make him right? No.
He did that to me! He didn't say anything, he just went invisible and he lagged out, he logged back in and got owned... I ROFL'd.
~Mario
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Well he killed a few dragons after killing me, but at least he left afterwards. Of course right afterwards it got far too laggy to play and a white was shooting me while I couldn't move.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Rules page update
removed the stealing hunting spots rule

Rusty summed it up for me:
Rusty76 wrote:If you are hunting in an area and someone comes along they have as much a right to hunt there as you do. However, you also have the right to kill them or lure monsters to kill them. If you dont want someone hunting in an area you are hunting in then deal with it, and if you can't then learn to share. That is the risk somone takes when the walk into someone else's hunting area. Things dont have to be this way though. People should show each other respect and come to agreement about hunting ground.
I think it's a bit lame too when you're taming and someone comes and kills the mob you're taming. But every other mob is fair game. If you walk into a room of minos it doesn't become yours. I've been told plenty of times by assholes to get out of minos (they obviously didn't know who I was). Especially now that there is constant spawning, deal with it and share.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Ken Oh wrote:I always thought that rule was pretty lame.

In fact, many of those rules almost deterred me from trying the game out.
I'm so glad you did get around to trying the game out though :roll:
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Laugh out loud.