so i made some avatars

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

eggmceye wrote:<snippity-snip-snip with scissors>.... AND would totally support an alternate 32x tileset for euo.
Do you mean a completely different tileset or more defined tiles set ala Haxima?
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

something like the haxima set - it doesn't really matter to me, as I won't be making it or "officially endorsing" it - I just like the idea of alternate tilesets.
Morthwyl
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Morthwyl »

The green lady had guns at first. This was supposed to be for EAO but I can't get it to work.

Edit: Also the first three avatars were actually intended for EAO. I'm back to work on that stuff anyway.

EDIT: GOD that also means I'm still doing the EUO 32 x 32 alongside for practice. I mean before EUO I'd never actually made sprites or anything. So like, with EUO I was using EUO as a guide to making them. For the 32 x32 what I'm actually doing is starting with a black tile. That's it, because I can't really find a good example of 32x32 style for EAO, so PRACTICE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morthwyl

Post by Morthwyl »

priest for EAO modified from the necro av. Came out looking too EUO but whatever. wtf do priests look like when they're not commanding a suicide cult anyway? probably normal lookin' guys in civi clothes seeing's it's post apoc. Not like you need a uniform anymore.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Very nice avatars. My only complaint is they are so dark and hard to see. Is your monitor on high bright & contrast? Must be my stupid crt monitor or my settings.
ZUPS!!!!
laz

Post by laz »

Maybe if instead of the black background you used the bright pink then all the details would be more clearly visible.
That's some badass pixelating :) congrats!

edit:

bright pink #FF00FE or RGB (255, 0, 254)
Morthwyl

Post by Morthwyl »

I developed severe nightvision after something happened to me. So everything looks really bright and annoying to my eyes. My monitor is set as dark as I can get it and I still get migraines... I guess if anyone on the forum wanted to, they could help me brighten up the avs, because my eyes are just gonna lie to me.

Still, I don't think these will really go in game, but I'm just making them because I never plan shit. When I do I can't seem to work. See right now I said 'okay, I'm gonna work on EAO avs' and now my mind is just drawing a huge blank...
Extell
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Extell »

Morthwyl wrote: My monitor is set as dark as I can get it and I still get migraines...
I have similar issues but I found that if I set the refresh rate of my monitor to 75Mhz or higher the migraines dont happen as much. Ive even gotten where I can easily notice the flicker of monitors set to ~70 and lower...
Ryukko
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Ryukko »

nice artwork dude
Morthwyl

Post by Morthwyl »

Wierd horned bat monster with frayed robe. Yes I still make 16x16.
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Post by Avatard »

Awesome work, keep it up I want to see more!
TheCrusher
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by TheCrusher »

you definitely got some talent there, nice work
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

i like how he can spaz out towards everyone then make some new avatars and then all is well again X-D

I need to get into this avatar making/spazz out/avatar making thing...
"All things end in judgement."
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, it could be that he was so overwhelmed with energy that his let out came in a raw burst that wasn't productive. It was just a wild outburst he couldn't control. Through some sort of focussed discipline he channeld that energy into something constructive which matches the raw fury that was pent up inside.
ZUPS!!!!
Ryukko
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Ryukko »

And that constructive thing is making avatars.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

If robots ever make it into EAO a tile of Bender from Futurama would be great. He could be a grandmaster thief and guild leader.
Morthwyl

Post by Morthwyl »

MOTHERFUCKING AXE FIGHTER!

im workin on replacing the gay orcs in euo cuz we need better orcs, how the fuck do the half orcs look anything like their full blooded rapist fathers anyway?!?
Morthwyl

Post by Morthwyl »

RETILING HAXIMA CUZ ITS FUN

also fixed guard,. its a bit taller now
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Do you do terrain tiles? We've 2500 new free slots to fill!

Excellent work btw :P

wish list:

Generic dungeon fillers - manacles on walls etc etc. More interesting stuff than barrels. Cannons. Ultima V had cannons!
Plants - Savage empire had lots of 'em. Then again, it had T-rexes and giant gorillas as well. Hmm, wrong era of Ultima, but you get the idea.

And so on. Are you just a NPC maker?
Morthwyl

Post by Morthwyl »

i could do that i guess, in 32 or 16?

its just i'm really actually addicted to making 32x32 tiles because i can add more detail, more character, etc. i mean i saw haxima's stuff. it was just a smooth bland rehash of the 16 tiles, so by the time i finish retiling haxima, i'll have nearly enough to replace all (maybe just half) of euo's tiles.

i remember i made a ton of detailed 16x16 terrain tiles for BDO, snow, swamp, desert, etc, and they ditched it all and went with the same solid black with a few color spots that EUO has. i'm assuming they lost it through technical difficulties, but whatever.

i'd be glad to replace all of euo with 32 tiles but its a -sorta- a long term project, but as far as 16x16 goes, i'm sort of tired of doing that.

also, egg would need to make EUO fullscreen, because these avs look like shit if they're not blown up x2.

but yeah if you want i could refine euo's current terrain tiles + make new ones, but honestly why waste my time in 16x16 if i could complete it in 32x32 in about the same amount of time?