Poll: should enchanting be returned to the way it was?

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

enchanting un-nerf? ie no soulbinding

yes
40%
yes, but with some sort of restrictions
32%
no, leave as is
28%

Total votes: 88

Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Rusty76 »

I agree, it seems unfair that you can find tinted armor drops in heavy or medium armor, but with light and unarmored gear you have absolutely no chance of finding tinted gear. That means that a fighter could possibly find gear that would be good for them where a rogue or mage or monk would have to have the armor crafted or craft it themselves then enchant it themselves. This means that fighters could get the best gear without learning enchanting but mages and rogues are forced to learn enchanting for it. Even if there was an item wipe this difference would still make the curent system favor fighters. Now, if enchanting were restored to the way it was, there would be some favor towards fighters because they could find tinted armor, but at least everyone else would have a way to aquire tinted gear without having to get an ungodly high amount of enchanting skill, which is the hardest skill to train in the game by the way.
Heniek
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Heniek »

My vote goes for no.

I think enchanting in form before patch shouldnt be back - then game was flooded with vampy/br +8 weapons(but I agree that mainly it was polypiling fault, not enchant itself), and also vamp/br XJ/AEP was quite common.Only reason to hunt then was gaining xp.There wasnt any excitment when I meet red dragon boss, because whatever it would drop, I knew that it wont be anything valuable(unless rare artifact, but that was very very rare), even if it would be vamp/br +6 weapon, still I could easily make +7/+8 with poly/enchant.
I think some restrictions may be good here(I like Eclips idea about enchanting tax), but those restrictions should be high enough, so rare stuff would remain rare, not common once again.
Pythian

Post by Pythian »

I think that the way Enching works should stay the same, but, since each of your players has to have it if you want all your chars to have good gear, it should take a lil less time to get up :/
profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=475
www.methosk.com
A Personal Home Site Built From Scratch.
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

No - unless there is a way to remove silly enchants from game. :cheese: As a mage, I can't effect certain classes of monsters (SW, golems, SL etc), whilst I see duel wielded vamp XJ / AEP weps totally destroying almost all mobs with impunity. I'm actually against enchanted spell weps being able to have tints, other than their inherent +5 AS.

Newsflash - great items should be rare.

A solution to this would be a hidden NPC / quest that would give amounts of training in enchanting for items. e.g. 'Give me a +6 weapon, armour and shield for 5 points in enchanting; give me a +20 stat item for 5 points' and so on. This would allow people to train enchanting themselves, and remove items from game.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Oddly enough, I vote NO. I have 0 enchanting, but if I want higher plusses I'll work for it.

On a diferent note I suppose there could be an NPC merchant that could enchant a weapon for ridiculously high prices.

Of Attack:
+1 - 5k
+2 - 10k
+3 - 25k
+4 - 50k
+5 - 100k
+6 - 250k
+7 - 500k
+8 - 1 million

of Def:
+1 - 10k
+2 - 25k
+3 - 50k
+4 - 100k
+5 - 500k
+6 - 1 million

of NV or MR
+1 - 100k
+2 - 250k
+3 - 500k
+4 - 750k
+5 - 1 Million

Of Stat or Vigour
per + 25k

I got lazy towards the end.

But in the end people probably would save up their gold and get the higher +s and it wouldn't solve anything.
ZUPS!!!!
Ulric
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Ulric »

Ok here is my half baked idea.

GM Enchanters should be able to create items soul bound to other players. This could be achieved by a soul shard bound to the player wanting the new enchanted item. Now the catch is to get these new player soul shards. Ways to get new soul shards:

1) Complete a quest.
2) Gain 50 levels
3) Pay Egg $50 :)
4) A monster drop with the success rate like artifacts.

Doing it this way would mean that only the player with the player soul shard could ever use the item. The player would have to think very hard on what item to use them. The current way enchanting works would stay the same which means that AEP, XJ, +8, ... could fail and you lose everything.
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

I vote yes but with restrictions.

What if there was a transfer restricton (just like taming pet transfers) where the player would have to be a certain level to recieve a certain enchant. Say, +1-4 is anyone, + 5 requires level 70, + 6 is level 85, + 7 is 100, and anything higher is soulbound.

Enchanted Weapons should NOT be able to be re-enchanted and sold. If you want a BR Halberd XJ or a Vampyric Rondel AEP, you need to start working on enchanting. I find it isn't fair that a player can hunt and find a regular dagger VOG and say "Cool, now to just get this put into my Adamantium Halberd and start owning with it." Be glad you at least found a weapon VOG and if you DON'T want it, then go sell it to someone who does. You'll just have to wait till you get sufficient enchanting or find an enchanted weapon you DO like.

I'm sure someone can come up with some kind of restriction that will only allow certain players of level receive certain items, or you can raise the soulbound enchants to + 7 and up.

Note the "worthless plain weapons" comments. There is no "worthless" + 7 weapon. If you're a high level character, and you're getting plain + 7 weapons, just disenchant them and sell the gem to an enchanter that needs it and keep hunting until you find a tinted + 7 weapon. Mr Biggie is right on that players shouldn't be able to snag + 8 weapons that they don't deserve. Perfect example is jamaal with his + 6 addy armour (back in the day when level restrictions were lower), you think he deserved that? Level 40 character with over 100 defense. This comes to Onyxz being correct in the sense that players are becoming too overpowered at lower levels. Sephiroth is level 100+ and Rurik WAS level 50-60, Rurik was beating Seph because of full + 5 studded and VAM weapons, Jamaal was level 40 and was posing a threat to Kratos in a fight, Kratos is at least 3-4x jamaal's level. I do believe enchanting should be returned to normal somewhat, but with major restrictions to stop this kind of thing from happening.

PS: BE HAPPY you got that regular sling + 7, because some people can't even get that. You people are starting to act like rich people who get great things but don't enjoy it where other people would die to have it.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Post by L1ndaP »

People seem to have forgotten that level requirements changed at the same time, that should not change back.

There are no enchanters that will buy the +7, etc...no one wants to enchant the way it is. If you disenchant for the gem and sell to one, what are they going to make, something only for themself, and how much does one person need. As for low level people having high level gear that was changed when the level requirements were raised. I know, because I had to work to get back to where I could use mine again. I had to reach lvl 100 to get back to where I was before the change.
Fixing the enchant problem would not put the level requirements back and if older players can't handle Newbies, oh well. Newbies come into this game with such a disadvantage, I hear older players on global trick them into going PVP and then they have no way to defend themselves.
At the very least make the enchants level based on how powerful the spell is or the level of the spell that mages have to be to get the spell, not make all enchants lvl 5.
Rusty76

Post by Rusty76 »

The problem with keeping enchanting the way it is that it is not fair to newer players. This is because the older players made their equipment back when enchanting didnt soulbound items. All the people i see voting no are ones that already have the gear they want, some even have more that they have collected. How fair is it that had all that the older players had all the freedom to have made what they wanted but the newer players dont? On another thread someone was selling +30 - +45 stat gear? What the heck? you cant even FIND items like that anymore, and the people that have them sure as hell aren't gonna trade them, unless they get another item +30 - +45 like it from someone. How about we have an item wipe and then we'll see how many players think they want enchanting to stay the way it is? I guarantee that most of them will change their minds. If everyone thinks the current way enchanting works is fair, then i say we need a full item wipe, so everyone has to work within the same rules to get their gear.
Tabitha
on lolpatrol

Post by Tabitha »

I vote yes.... and what about the possibility of polly coming back?
Eternally Grateful To Pythian, and CIA ...TY
Mackey wrote:you guys dont jerk off to transformers? it's pleasure in disguise, dammit!

jumpstart wrote:People who call egg a EggMcFaggot should really suck his EggMcNuggets.
Ulric

Post by Ulric »

Let’s not discuss fairness because things are never fair. One reason enchanting was changed is because some players said it was not fair that new players could get vamp weapons +8 so easy. Every time some thing changes someone will get helped and someone will be hurt. So no matter happens nothing is fair for everyone.

This is one reason I posted my idea before it gives a chance to have a great item made but limits the ease of getting the stuff to make that great item. Nothing is worth having unless it requires effort to acquire.
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

ITEM WIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"All things end in judgement."
Ulric

Post by Ulric »

This idea of an item wipe has been proposed many times and I can not understand why. It is nothing more then a knee jerk reaction to some perceived unfairness in the game.

If an item wipe happened all the high lvl players would find items to replace there current items in a week or too. All the low lvl players would replace there current items in a day or too. The mid lvl players would just need together some money and buy the items they need from the high lvl players.

My char Ulric would not have problems making new items because of his 97% enchanting.

But I would be pissed because I would loss my collection of artifacts I have spent the last year trying to collect. Collecting/hoarding is stated on the main page for EUO as is one reason I started playing. So if everyone had there items wiped then I guess the EUO title page would have to be changed to say “collecting/hoarding until till players feel that game in unfair to them and should delete everyone else stuff”.

So please if there is a way to make the game better lets here your idea’s but please do not let them be knee jerk reactions.
Olarin
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Olarin »

I seem to recall one of the major arguments for nerfing enchanting being that there were too many good items being made, flooding the system. However, I also recall some talk about a polypile cheese (I don't know what it was exactly) that allowed people to start with low-level items and eventually generate high-level ones, thus essentially fabricating +8 weapons and such. Since polypiling has been removed for the time being, the only way to obtain the gem to create a high level item is to disenchant an existing high level item. So - correct me if I'm wrong - if enchanting is restored to its old state now, it can't generate any new enchantments, it can only transfer them to better base items (disenchant a +8 hoe and make a +8 halberd instead, or a +8 blackrock halberd, or something). So I don't really see the danger in restoring enchanting; significant hunting will still be required to get high-level gear. What's the problem?

In short, wasn't the original problem really polypiling (which has been dealt with), not enchanting at all?

That being said, although I voted for restoring enchanting exactly as it was, I wouldn't be averse to this idea of a tax, needing to include some gold in the recipe for high level enchants. But don't the soul shards kinda perform this function already?

While I'm talking about it, although it was certainly a good thing that this polypile cheese, whatever it was, was removed, I would like to see some of the less-cheesable polypile recipes put back in. (I had been buying up certain items to process and resell which, without polypiling, are now completely useless. But I guess them's the breaks when you play as a level 40 Predatory Businessman. (Yes, keep selling me your raw glass for 5gp each, you lesser merchants! Bwa ha ha!))
AoD
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by AoD »

I think items should still be soulbound but you are able to transfer them between your chars. I mean 100 enchanting on 1 char is enough...having to do it on every char you have is crazy!
TheCrusher
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by TheCrusher »

I completely agree with AoD
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

Agreed x2

Love decorating my floor with unusable Uber items just to taunt Art and Omar...Rush will get his butt kicked some day because of it
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

I also agree with AoD.

How about adding the ability to sell gems? So that way, when you find a + 7 weapon you don't want, you can disenchant it and sell the gem, or how bout you just get over yourself and be happy that you FOUND that + 7 weapon, no matter what tint it may be, or if you don't like it, TOUGH! DEAL WITH IT or SELL IT TO A WEAPONSMITH. Hey look, you just made a little profit, considering it's soulbound and can't be traded, what's wrong with selling it to weaponsmiths? (If you can't sell soulbound weapons/armour to smiths, that could be added so these people aren't complaining anymore.) Are you people really so dense that you've got to score 50k off an item or otherwise you're just going to keep it in your bank to collect dust? Geez, have more sense than complaining that you have nothing to do with them. Those + 4 weapons you think are useless, give them to new players so they have something to work towards. If I find + 1 weapons, you know what I do? I say "Great! I'll toss this in my bank and keep if incase a newbie comes along and needs it." And when I meet a newbie and say "Hey, you want some starting gear?" and they say "Sure!" I give them those items that I've been holding. How hard is that?

Can't believe the number of people acting like rich brats in this game.
PS: Sorry, really, really hate rich brats that think they deserve more and that if they're not getting anything, no one should be. It's my biggest pet-pieve.
stealthknight
Here for the lesbians.

Post by stealthknight »

The only thing I think should change is the fact that it is an intelligence based skill, and the soulbind spell should be a level 1 spell.
Cadet Private First Class.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Second that. Good idea.