Poll: should enchanting be returned to the way it was?

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

enchanting un-nerf? ie no soulbinding

yes
40%
yes, but with some sort of restrictions
32%
no, leave as is
28%

Total votes: 88

Rusty76
Posting from my ass computer.

Poll: should enchanting be returned to the way it was?

Post by Rusty76 »

I vote for yes

My reason is because i'm noticing that the +5 and higher weapons i find that aren't tinted are pretty much worthless. The players that are lower level that might want them cant use them, and the higher level players that could use them would rather have a tinted weapon so they dont want them. I've got several +7 weapons and they are absolutely worthless.

Enchanting being gone has also decreased the incentive to pursue the other crafting skills as well. Why bother to make a BR hally or vampy rondels if you can only get them enchanted to +4? Why bother making studded leather armor or darkweave armor if it can only be +3 defense?

Higher level enchanted item being soulbound to the inchanter doesnt make any sense either. Sure the enchanter can make gear for themselves, but how much gear does one person need? Once the enchanter made all the items they needed what would be the point of having the skill?

That is why i would like enchanting back the way it was, it made more sense that way.
kingj
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by kingj »

i also agree that enchanting should be returned how it was in the game. :grubby:
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

Start enchanting yourself and the problem is solved.
"All things end in judgement."
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I don't think it should go back exactly the way it was before, but it sucks that anything you enchant after +4 is soulbound.
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Enchanting was good when it last but come on, if you find a adamantium Field Plate+1 all you need to do is buy a cheap ring+5 def;disenchant the ring and ench the FP to a +5. It makes the game too unbalanced, there are too many people out there with a +6 addy set due to it and they can beat people more the twice their level with no problem, fair? I think not! So why make it normal again so the new wave of people are gods at low levels? It shouldn’t, well that’s all I got to say about it.

PS-Its no for me. So if someone doesnt read :)
Mr.Crowley
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Mr.Crowley »

I don't think this thread has any relevance.

But I'll dignify it anyways.

I vote no.
kingj
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by kingj »

well for +5-+6 BR/addy items are if not impossible Super hard to find. and it be nice if i could take of a enchant i just found and take 50/50 chance of getting it enchanted onto another wepon :P
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

With the new level requirements you can't exactly be a low level with super powered gear anymore, so i don't really think that is a problem
DrBiggie
on lolpatrol

Post by DrBiggie »

Enchanting being gone has also decreased the incentive to pursue the other crafting skills as well. Why bother to make a BR hally or vampy rondels if you can only get them enchanted to +4? Why bother making studded leather armor or darkweave armor if it can only be +3 defense?
This is not really a problem since you can then just raise enchanting.
Higher level enchanted item being soulbound to the inchanter doesnt make any sense either. Sure the enchanter can make gear for themselves, but how much gear does one person need? Once the enchanter made all the items they needed what would be the point of having the skill?
Well how much gear does the playerbase need? Eventually everyone will have their vampy +8 gear that way. I know that's extreme, but it's still the end result. I think enchanting should be account bound rather than soul bound, but I still don't think that just any shmo (Me) should be able to snag +8 AS and +5 def gear without working for it.

One way to solve the
Once the enchanter made all the items they needed what would be the point of having the skill?
would be to have total weapon durability decrease with every repair. Would be harsh on the players for a while though.
"I should make a gold suit of armor for my pimp"

DrBiggie: wtfs up Raiden?!
Raiden: you high?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

added a poll to the original post
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Post by L1ndaP »

Why bother to learn enchanting...how much can you personally use if it is soulbound. Put level requirements on the enchants, not restrict the enchanting itself.
I have so many worthless plain items that are +6 , +7, +8, etc. No one wants plain weapons.
DrBiggie
on lolpatrol

Post by DrBiggie »

Note on "worthless" +6, 7, and 8's. You can have your local enchanter make them diamond without them becoming soulbound.
"I should make a gold suit of armor for my pimp"

DrBiggie: wtfs up Raiden?!
Raiden: you high?
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Post by L1ndaP »

Would you want to trade a +7 AEP , VOG, or any enchant for a diamond +7...I wouldn't. Diamond is a tint.

I was going to learn enchanting, but now I can only do it for a couple of items that I could use, no use doing anymore. A costly skill to learn for just that.

No one is wanting the items that you use for enchanting, so I don't think many people want to learn it anymore, what's more the ones that did, quit doing it after the change.
Rusty76

Post by Rusty76 »

Diamond is pretty much useless at higher levels unless you pvp because your AS is high enough to hit most monsters anyway, so being able to diamond a +7,+8 weapon isnt worth much.

i would love to 'work' for my gear, but at the rate i'm finding stuff it'll take 2 years to find something I could actually use. I find untinted weapons and armor 99.9% of the time. It seems to me the change to enchanting puts up a line of division between older players who have stockpiled gear and newer players who dont.

As far as low level player having high powered gear, the new level requirements have fixed that. Maybe the level requirements of enchants and tinted gear should be ajusted to compensate for the extra ability that comes from the tint, to keep things balanced.
sumoworm
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by sumoworm »

I voted no because the new way had definitly added value to drops! The old way, there were too many high level items on the market.

However, if it stays the same way, I suggest we allow items to be floatable between alts. Now the only way to get good items for each of your alts is to have them all gm enchanting??? That means no alts for most of us.

If the level requirements for untinted items were lower than for tinted, that might make some of those reg items usable by lower level characters. That would restore some of the value of not-so-good drops.

Or make only tinted enchants soul bound. Reg items the way it used to be. That might help balance it out.

just my thoughts....
Flamesoffire

Post by Flamesoffire »

I think that enching should atleast somehow only be Account based...But not just player based cause then whats the point of enchanting besides for yourself and that becomes a big waste once youve made your suit...
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Post by Gulnar »

Yes, with restrictions. I'm not sure what the restrictions should be, and that opens a huge can of worms. Maybe +8 AS/+6 def is still soulbound? Different lvl reqs for tinted items might help. There were already non-craftable, rare uber-items before the enchanting nerf. They're called artifacts. Maybe introduce some tinted artifacts to ensure that the best items in the game aren't craftable?

Rusty's right. Regular +5-7 weapons are useless. Nobody will use a dagger +6 instead of a vampy rondel +4, or + 5 ringmail instead of +3 BR fieldplate. Prices of high + items have fallen dramatically. 5k for +13 stat gear now when it would've been ~25k before the enchanting nerf. Diamondizing doesn't help stat or def gear, and as Rusty says, diamond is basically useless for the players who have the levels to wield +6 weapons anyway. I've made 3 diamond weapons for other players since the enchanting nerf. Demand for diamond is far less than the frequency of + 6 drops.

You people who are voting no do realize that lvl reqs have been boosted, right? I'm not sure that Onxyt does.

[flame on]. Jesus, Onyx, this is the most moronic display of "I've got mine so screw you" I've ever seen. Are there really lvl 90s with addy FP +6 killing lvl 180s? Both addy FP and +6 gems are really hard to get, and now that you need lvl 90 to use + 6, this is even less of an issue than it was before. What % of the player base is lvl 90+? You have to work damn hard to get addy FP +6 and the levels to equip it. Same deal with DrBiggie's +8 vampy gear. You need lvl 100 for +8 now.

I was somewhat sympathetic to complaints about the flood of good gear in the game before. Now that I've seen high level whining about noobs using gear with a minimum lvl of 90/100, I've lost all sympathy. That's a terrible argument (and this isn't about me-I'm close to enough to lvl 100 that it doesn't matter) [/flame off]
Last edited by Gulnar on Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaiser's Tranos: The rulers of the aceint times lands, the most powerfull and feared carnovours, or whore they.
Jinny
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Jinny »

vote:yes, but with some sort of restriction.

:) By Enchant, I wish making hunting active. :)

People are avaricious, and a therefore more good item tends to be got or they are going to make. :smile: :smile:
Does Enchant fill the desire? :cool:

However, balance will collapse with the rule of old enchant.

I think that it is good to lower the rate of a success of the creation article of a high level from old enchant.

:? :? For example, when Enchant skill 100.

+8 weapon, +6 gear & magic enchant ==> 10% success.
+7 weapon, +5 gear ==> 30 %
+6 weapon, etc ==> 60 or 70%
+5 weapon, etc ==> 80% or 90% (not 100%)

I think to become the economy of EUO active. :D

Thx for reading my poor English.
Q:where do i get dream?

A:Chocolate shop!

-------

jin love hunting!
taku love chests!
Kazuya love chocolate!!
Eclips

Post by Eclips »

This is just an idea, but what about enchanting tax.

On top of the shards item and gems you have to place X amount of gold on top for the item to not be soulbound. The amount of gold could vary depending on the + stats of the enchanted item. That way not only will the player wishing to buy enchanted items they will have to pay both the tax and the players fee for creating the item.
L1ndaP
Good morning, Captain.

Post by L1ndaP »

Yes, you can find BR and addy stuff, but you can't find studded leather for rogues at all. So therefore you have to have it crafted and then enchanted to +6 or whatever. That goes for cloth, too. So the drops that have any quality, has no armor for rogues,