premium accounts - what would you pay $5 a month for?

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

Just a few things...ok many things I think wrong with some suggestions:

Egg (and other people): "No Res Sick" This WOULD create chaos outside nordhaven. People will kill them, then quickly res and kill again, and use res scrolls. That and the quick comebacks and it would just get annoying.

Eclips: "Skills Raised twice as fast" Egg basically said what I needed to. Skill progression isn't fair towards those who don't pay.
"X% raise to skill cap" What's the point? Then Egg would have to find things that you could make at level 110 weaponsmithing or something. Or if you mean Class skill cap, I'll tell you when I get to remort.
"X% better chance for drops" That would increase the number of bosses and everyone would get that bonus. Or if you mean normal drops like scrolls, then I don't see a problem with it.
"Real money paid at University" Why allow people to go back to the old ways of buying level 100 in all crafting skills or something. (I know you'd like the money, but it's alittle too much.)
"Invincibility Pots" People would be flocking to prem just for that so they could kill those jerks that beat them up. PvP would be unfair because right as you are FINALLY about to defeat that jerk who always kills you on-sight, they pull out the invincibility potion and kill you while you don't stand a chance.
"Get out of jail free" Jail is there so you can take the punishment of what you've done, which means you don't deserve to be taken out.
"PvP only weapon" Why? What's wrong with PvP and PvM weapons?

Shar: "Specials" Again, unfair PvP.

Grodst: "Merchant in Nordhaven Arena area" Really nothing wrong, in fact, it's a great idea to have a merchant in Nordhaven, but the arena there is very well hidden and not many people know about it. Putting the merchants in the Town Center near the pond seems more reasonable (though there's less room).

Caerid: "X% reduced wear on weapons" Do you mean more resistant to wear? Or it starts in negative? Or if it's worn, it will go back to 0% worn? Unclear statement. Another idea is to have it where your weapon will slowly heal it's wear say 1% every 5 minutes (IRL)?
"X% lower mana cost" Mages are abit too powerful as it is, this'll only make the debates worse.
"Remort" Again, unfair PvP. People will be Hexing like mad while still attacking with even higher + weapons or different enchanted weapons. Ouch...
"Wear items with 10 level reqs higher than your current level" WAY too unfair. The point of the level reqs was so you'd have to work to get the bonus on the weapons/armour and gear, not cheating the reqs.
"5 Prem unguilded members can make new clan" We have that for regular, and they'd still have to ask Egg before they could make it.

Gulnar: "Bonus to skills" Again, what Egg has stated. Skill progression is bad.

Just my opinion about some things. I like the other ideas though.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

If egg has shot them down, you don't need to also, it's already been decided.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Yeah, but I didn't realize that until after I started writing that post, so, it was too late.
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Anti the whole "$5 for perma advantage thing", but then again I'm a green hippy, and don't pay for the server. I'm even squatting in a house on reg for free :P

<snip lengthy & boring discourse on EUO love and so on>

All in all, I'd perhaps prefer EUO to be free: if Egg stated an annual 'EggaThon' (i.e. a figure to hit to keep EUO free for a year) I'd like that, and hope we (the player base) could hit it. Then again, EUO already probably takes >time than it should :/

Cynical cash generation ideas:

- $5 gets you *slightly* (and I mean, *slightly*) better drop rates @ high end loot / artifacts. A figure kept secret, and low enough to prevent mudflation, but a few %

- Remort. Pain-in-the-ass though, coding etc.

- double pets. Can only use one at once, other goes into item form

Tired, but hey.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

I would LOVE double pets :D That'd be Awesome. Though I still like my Mercenary idea where you can purchase Human NPC pets to follow you and they gain levels just like normal pets and they change into stronger Human NPCs when they get to level 25. Just thoughts, maybe that can be on Prem if prem gets added.
Navarre
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Navarre »

I'd pay $5 for:
- a perma KOP in extell's tower
- master trainers (50-60, 70-80, etc.)
- unique boots of fast walking (triple walk speed)
- a magic bag of weight reduction (or capacity increase)
- a special title (ie. you see Navarre, $5 buck hero (male, weapon: Enchant.......)
- ring of regen
“I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.” Homer Simpson
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

Yo I like this game a lot and perks would be nice, but 5$ month.... thats 60$ a year, that adds up way too fast (and exceeds) for the perks that have been suggested. What about the people that already have appartments, would they have to start paying a monthly fee just because they were in something that was deemed as a perk? To me the selling of houses was a perk that was in accordance to the money paid. I know that egg needs the money, but still to pay 60$ a year for things that can be avoided, eg. res sick, (staying away from towns) or semi removed, eg. res sick (in parties res isn't even a factor). Just to give that kinda money would need some really good perks. I like the idea of something that can full repair weapons anywere and the merchant in nord would be nice. 24hr banking would be something that people could use, but it would be redundant since they have an appartment. Double pets would only really aide the people that have pets when the sign up. Skill raise speed would bring a lot of people in and would be something that is right with the amount of money being paid out. Remort would also be something worth paying for but would really oneside the game, if there was a remort then the PVP option should be removed to keep asswipes from AEP spell and a +12 vampy rondel XMP attack. I'm just saying, if there is a perk package then there needs to be DEFINATE perks, regardless if it hinders the rookie players. That is the point of being a premium member, and there is ALWAYS a way to check and balance the perk people and the reg. These are somethings that I could remember from other posts, and I'm certain that this will get people to understand that the meaning of perks is that there should be perks. Not just things that can already be avoided. If egg wants to do the perk package then he shouldn't shy away from the scripting problems, not to sound like an ass. If this game was to go corporate (for lack of a better term) then there needs to be the service for the money being paid. Simple economics, of if egg wants my money so he can pay for goods and services then I need to know that I'm getting goods and services for the money that I would be paying. Also I can go and buy games that can be played online for 20-60$ and it is for an infinte amount of time online. By the 60$ a year you are going to make us basically buy your game over and over again for the perks. If you do go perk then it should either be a flat fee of some amount for everything forever or pay for specific things and "stairstep" anything that you would want (eg avatars and houses now). This way people can always go up and you [egg] will always be making money since they can save for each upgrade they want. Then a small montly membership fee (like a dollar) since we will basically be "buying" the right to play online as a premium member and need to continue to support what we are getting. With that in mind, you [egg] can never stop selling perks like you did for a while with the houses. Not to say that you would do this but what if we pay premium and then we sneeze and piss you [egg] off and get banned. You would still have our money, there should be some kind of guarantee that if premium then he or she can't be banned for shitty reasons, they would have to be really serious infractions. For any of that I leave your mind to sort the serious from "I posted my comment in global and Kodiak banned me." type of bans.

P.S. Sorry if I ever sound like an ass, that was not my intention I was simply trying to make sure that this was thought out completely. A perk should be lifetime with a LOW membership fee. An analogy that completely ties this together would be online song buying. If you buy the CD all at once it is yours, but if you buy a single song you can still get the others at a later date.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

1) I think perks should be rented (including current housing but it's a bit late to change my mind on that, have to live with that mistake)
2) since they are perks, they are optional and no one is holding a gun to your head to go ahead and waste your money on them
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

I understand what you are saying, but if you were to follow the model that I stated then things would be optional and you would still be making money for as long as people play this game. Granted it would only be a dollar (just a figure) but if the minimum gets on (roughly 12) that is 12 a month, or 144 a year and that would be just the fee to be a premium member without the things that they purchased to be a premium member. With the ability to get new stuff later then you can make money on top of that. A house for example would be an extra 5 to get it (keep the 3-6 month "lease" already in place). I also understand that you are trying to run your business and make money but this would be a really bad time to have the "most bang for your buck" mentality. I agree on the optional part as well it's just that this is something that can become another "mistake" if you don't plan it out. It could really drive people away (if already with a house) or not generate money from the newer players buying the perk package.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

GOOD LORD!! Geez CIA, just when I thought you could post any longer, you surprise me :D It's rather funny, your post is literally hurting my eyes (blinding me with so much whiteness :( )
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

A few perks that would be cool-
-No wear on weapons
-Access to Maedior
-Maybe higher chance to find artifacts?
-Healer that fully heals you when talked to
-24/7 banking service
-If a full year service is paid at once, they get a free named weapon,avatar change or a decent sized house (if they have a house an expansion on it) But only one, maybe 2?
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON sorry, just saying what needs to be said
Rikimaru

sumoworm
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by sumoworm »

For $5 I'd have to have access to new maps, new quests, new monsters.

All of the other things you've listed I either don't care about or my clan ameliorates (like 24 hour banking).

-sumo
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

CIAassassin wrote:LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON sorry, just saying what needs to be said
Egg didnt make this thread for you to spam in, either be positive and try to suggest things or get the fuck out,ok?
CIAassassin

Post by CIAassassin »

seph you fuck off, I wasnt spaming it. Spaming implys multiple post of noncoherent bable. And incase you missed what I said earlier look up a few posts. Or atleast get everyone that posted anything different from the thread topic, don't single me out.
Rikimaru

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Onyxt wrote:
CIAassassin wrote:LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON sorry, just saying what needs to be said
Egg didnt make this thread for you to spam in, either be positive and try to suggest things or get the fuck out,ok?
stop being an armchair moderator
sumoworm
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by sumoworm »

Continuing on my thoughts:

Paying to get annoying details out of the game seems to me to be an indicator that those features serve no purpose. Res sickness, 12 hour banking, wep wear - if egg is ready to give people access to a game without these features - then why are these features in the game. They obviously add nothing to it.

My hunch is that if you set this $5 pay plan up and only deleted these annoying things (which are really not that annoying) - then almost no one would choose that $5 plan.

-sumo
BlackMage
I should probably get out more.

Post by BlackMage »

5 bucks a month is like allowance money you get from your parents. I used to get 5 bucks a week, so 5 bucks a month shouldn't be a problem for the majority of the playerbase. The only issue that I could see with it would be those players that are still too young to *LEGALLY* create a paypal account, and for those too young to get a bank account.

I'd pay 5 bucks a month to be immune to the GM's :D

On a more serious note...

I'd pay 5 bucks a month for:

-- Above average drops
-- No res sickness
-- Reduced/Eliminated weapons wear
-- Slightly reduced lvl requirements (some of them are crazy! imo :))
-- Reduced cooloff time for mages spells OR reduced amounts of mana spent for each circle spell

Maybe something else that could be done could be those that pay get to wear more gear? Like earrings, bracelets, maybe another set of rings (4 instead 2), something along those lines. I don't know how hard that would be to code though. X-D
"All things end in judgement."
Pythian

Post by Pythian »

New Extension to the game, lets say, a new hidden island with a few maps on it. The Island and all the maps are only accessible by premium accounts. Nothing really over powering, like maps with a hundred bally's, just standard type maps that can already be found in EUO, but they would have a nice new feel to 'em and quite possibly new quests to go along with 'em :P

A 5% gold drop increase from monsters, because gold isn't all that valuable anyways ;)

Do people with houses get their houses taken away? Because I wouldn't see too much incentive for someone who has a house to start paying 5 bucks :/
profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=475
www.methosk.com
A Personal Home Site Built From Scratch.
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

BlackMage wrote:
I'd pay 5 bucks a month to be immune to the GM's :D
Son of a gun....with an inflated price, this would be a HUGE revenue generator!
Think of it, BM pays 10 bucks to be immune, acts like a tard to enough folks that they pony up 20 to take the immunity away.....Shear genious BM!
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.