Things in EUO that have changed for the worse, part 2

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

eggmceye wrote:500 are you out of your mind, more like 50 :roll:
Well, whatever number you like.
But it would be harder to get stats thing work correctly etc if lvl 50 would be max.

I know egg, I'm very disturbed. I became disturbed when I saw my neighbour's cat having sex with her mother cat. That was some
serious abusing :mad:
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Oh, I can think of something that would piss people of really bad. If there was a couple of creatures out there that would destroy your weapon/armour you're bound to see items slowly level out. The experience chart needs to change for xp above certain levels. If you were to keep lvl 100+ you need to up the amount in the forumla considerably. I still think a grim reaper character that "can" delete your character would be a nice balance. Would you consider playing with such creatures if they can suddenly zap away your mega armour/weapon or obliterate you outright?

And the economy will never be fixed until NPC merchants have a limited inventory/gold cache. I'd use someting on par with arcanum where they renew their inventory # each morning and amount of gold they have in their kitty.
ZUPS!!!!
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Post by Gulnar »

Luxorious wrote:About enchanting and lvl cap...

For the enchanting, it could be kept soulbound. BUT the training should be pretty easier: something like other crafting skills, having the right ingredients in in and using ench wand would bring you the option for things you could enchant. This would courage other players to get 100 ench too, hopefully atleast.
I like this idea. Keep enchanting, make all enchants soulbound, but make enchant easier to raise. Changing the mechanics so that you can mass enchant and disenchant with shift+F11 should do the trick. The main difficulty with raising enchant now is the sheer number of key strokes needed to train the skill. Very tedious, and the new drop system (dropping all of an item as the default) has added even more keystrokes to the process.

Even with shift+F11, enchanting will still be the toughest skill to raise. It takes longer to charge 10 shards then it does to mine 10 ore, and shards are expensive. I think that's fair.

Get rid of the int cap on enchant, and make IMJ a lvl 1 spell, so that rogues and fighters don't have a harder time raising enchant then mages.

Not that any of this this negates egg's point about enchanting being a mistake. The fact that were still going over tweaks to make it work only reinforces that :)
kaiser's Tranos: The rulers of the aceint times lands, the most powerfull and feared carnovours, or whore they.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Gulnar wrote:
Get rid of the int cap on enchant, and make IMJ a lvl 1 spell, so that rogues and fighters don't have a harder time raising enchant then mages.
Hm, seems to me that mages should have an easier time enchanting. Magick is their expertise after all. :smoke:
Djanno :smoke:
DrBiggie
on lolpatrol

Post by DrBiggie »

Which makes enchanting kind of a catch 22. Only mages get it high without sacrifice, and they don't use weapons. Much.

Just delete it :p.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Actually to clear one thing up, it was the polypile chz (ie getting improved items) that created all the excess +8's.

The idea with enchanting was that you could essentially remove the enchant off one item and place it on another. This still detracts from hunting tho.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

But it sure works wonders on peoples pocketbooks. If the enchanters would only charge more. If they want the goods they should pay for them. But that's just coming from a corporate business head.
ZUPS!!!!
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

I charged plenty for ench. Problem was folks having 20 flawless diamonds. Ok, I have tons, but that's more evidence of me charging confiscatory rates :D

If we do Item wipe, and put in minor ench....then in a few months Heikki will have the best uber gear possible anyway, and none of the old timers will have diddly. Makes sure we never ever see them again hunting, eh? I personally love the LOTL mod egg's got up and running. Why force it on everybody? Cuz I'm selfish, that's why!
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Constant spawning is good for regular, But on PD it can be deadly. Clearing out a dungeon and being able to meditate back the spent mana and HP is something I miss on PD. Having a new dragon spawn nearby just after barely managing to dispatch the previous one (or possibly even while your still fighting it) is an unpleasant surprise.
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

Keeps you on your toes!

Cast VSL before medding, or as soon as possible. Just a new habit for survival...similar to stealthing ASAP each and every time you need to heal as a rogue. Fighters? best chug pots and pray it's not TWO blacks spawning this time.
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Remember that that SL lasts for about 10 clicks and VSL for 30 clicks (for lack of a better word). I suppose you could say seconds though in the game it would be minutes.
ZUPS!!!!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

bump