FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

Post by Mackey »

Keighn wrote:I'm more interested in PvM with tints and how effective they are or ineffective. Funny we never got spiked armor that effectively damaged with possible bleeding
Glass still works PvE. It's not really that effective at high levels as most mobs are casters. Glass shields are so-so as well. I converted my build from glass, so I'm sure it'll get enabled for pvp now that I've done that.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah, I noticed with the armor, before I even got a glass shield that I might block and the mob still got hurt or killed. I should test the Armour on a mage vs fighter. Low def vs high def. obviously if they can’t hit they never hurt themselves. Seems only certain magic reflects. I am unsure if fireball reflects. I’ll text onsea serpents.

My favorite on PD is a fighter/rogue using glass Armour/foils on of (probably Cyrano). Considering we have bards now, he will maybe get a lute (dropping block for music..... hmmm).

Did anyone glass their leather or cloth with the tint wands via diamond coins? Was it an option?

I believe I tried a musketeer with glass Armour as well. I swore you could stealth in medium Armour with penalties, thus on pd I was collecting glass medium armor. I’m probably mistaken on the stealth.
ZUPS!!!!
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Look up Phage on reg, I glasses plenty of UA
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I need to beg egg for a bday gift since I missed it. CURSE YOU STORM!!! CURSE YOU!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Quest LOGS

Post by Keighn »

I'm rather curious on a few things.

1. Every time I finish the last Montor Quest it doesn't appear to change color. It stays black looking incomplete. And yes I have talked to the guard again and even estorrath in the instance who tells me to get the hell out of there again.
quest page 1.png
2. I could say possibly the same for the Pasco bottle and I believe it must be because I didn't pay TRISTAN the jail keeper the fee to see Tegen. I could be wrong.
quest page 2.png
3. And the final is more of an annoyance than anything else since you can't get multiple certificates to work with the other advisors (mage/fighter/rogue)
quest page 3.png
Yeah, completionists want to do ALL the quests; it probably won't happen unless there are some incentive on Lord Byron's needs/wants.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Monks aspects; i take it the damage doesnt increase as the monk levels or is affected by sanctity scores or say intelligence? I think i noticed some increase with +as gear and thats it. This is rather disappointing tbh. I thought dragon polymorph form would increase vf enchant dmg and aspect of drake damage. Likewise aspect of hydra increase with druid hydra form (synergy). Tbh, thinking of some foods seems like theyd increase elemental damage and give the defenses. Drake, hydra, blue dragon, vampire, etc etc.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

re black background on the last quest
it was a bug with the background colour : have a look now
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yep. Its good.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I have been noticing some quest givers don't have their "!" above them when they should. It has happened to a few guards here and there and a few other npcs.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

If I get your book printed which company would you recommend; Lulu or other? (I'll do some research)?
Hard cover or softcover? I'm wondering if I can get the outer pages in a golden covering like my encyclopedias.
If I get all that done can I send you the book to get autographed (I'd pay for postage both ways).
I've been putting it off but this year at the latter half (past august) I always have a little bit of spending money and this seems like a good investment. Buying the book wasn't difficult though I probably should have paid more considering. Maybe I'll give one to someone later.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

my sig wouldn't be worth all that trouble!

I just looked at lulu and I could get 10 copies printed and posted to me for 50 bux. I could sign them and send them to you and 8 others, and keep one for myself. Dunno about any gold edges : it would just be a cheesy paperback!

or I can just send you a postcard from sydney if you like :aus:
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

I'd buy a signed copy as long as it had a personal note from the author. X-D
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

It is probably more efficient being sent from you on the onset. Lord knows international shipping is jolly, though i didnt have a problem 10+ years ago when sending cds to australia. Fellow on DF went by the name Birthright and i had a spare set of core rules i sent him. Perhaps media mail is cheaper and slowwww; i don't recall being such a gap ago.

Yeah, sounds good.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I've been dipping gloves like crazy; can gloves ever get a +1-3 of attack enchant via dipping. I'm starting to wish amplify wands could just make non-enchants enchanted.

Derp... they can. Thank god for curiosity.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I've had a riot with a pure druid on pd. I'm not sure if a high druid does anything other than cosmetic outlook on life but interesting.

So, i checked mage and necro. Necro seems to be a slow slog at lvl 200. Pity joytokey doesn't have a special directional left/right shift for setting up attack like alt or ctrl (it always tries to bind spell)
As you can see there is an awesome left ctrl and left alt for directional input attacking so most things aren't a problem.

This is the Druid commands I use.

Just doesn't seem to be a solution atm for shift key direction and I noticed the page doesn't have a write to joytokey for asking them or giving suggestions. Oh well.

Is there a way not have the spell-binding command pop up in mid combat? Its more of a joytokey thing.

Will mages/necro ever get enchanted spell staves to proc and synergize with their casting spells?

Is spells from staves as based? Int based? Level based?
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

HO HO HO!! I SOLVED THE DIRECTIONAL ISSUE!!!

As you can see I added a directional input on the 3 entry. Now it bypasses the spellbind and I only have to move the d-pad into the direction I want. It will default shoot left if I don't hit a direction though but damn that's way better than spellbind shit.

Problem solved.

The question still remains about synergized spells from mage, priest, necromancer though. Will they get it?

edit... actually, there's still a hiccup on the binding here and there but its not as bad a before. So perhaps not 100% solved on joytokey.
ZUPS!!!!
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

I was always curious about using a controller and joy to key to play. What kind of controller do you use? i think i have a shitty old knock off playstation usb controller. I see a set up based around sharding, me likey. :2cool:
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Depends on the computer. This older core I3 win 7 I can still use my old Saitek P150 which looks sort of like a combo of a genesis 6 button and a batarang. ON the win10 I had to use a rockcandy controller that looks like an xbox I guess.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Does the old 3d engine still work? It was a nifty thing to toy with.
ZUPS!!!!
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

Keighn wrote:Does the old 3d engine still work? It was a nifty thing to toy with.
part of me thinks i remember reading that it was taken down? but if not, I'd like to know too! It was fun.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass