FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Re: FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

Post by Azalynn »

eggmceye wrote:dunno. what does the OP in the vamp thread say ?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4506
Gotcha, also is Alpha going to get wiped before the pvp tournament?
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Nah I've made a new server just for the tournament.
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

another question, lord Egg. what has happened to the mega bosses known as the Kraken and the Giant Enemy Crab? i have not seen them anywhere...period, since my latest return to EUO. neither me nor anyone else who has chosen to visit my home, the alpha server, have seen the megabosses in quite a while.

and on a related note, are they spawning regularly on other servers lately?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

good questions: unless they are buggy, they are more rare now, or, have definite downtime ... or something. I did change how they were spawning such that they weren't guaranteed to be around all the time if you wait long enough. Maybe they despawn? can't remember. Also kraken got moved west slightly. Chk the updates thread.
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

well, just looked and it seems the last mention of the kraken and crab in the misc update thread was back in 2013. something about "fixed kraken & crab not giving coins to all participants"

edit: ok, so, after spending all morning exploring TOLS (probably didn't cover a quarter of the region yet) we eventually wound our way to the front gates of the shadowkin city. a massive sprawling city that probably goes on for quite a distance.

egg...where is the entrance to that city? we covered every square inch of the southern borders of it and there wasn't any entrance/hidden wall/etc. anywhere to be seen.

what we did find however was rather interesting. new winged sea serpents with twitching wings. black dragon/nightmare ponies. fire drakes. even saw a couple white dragon/octopus hybrids (similar to the nightmare hybrids) in a trash dump area. but no city entrance.

TOLS is by FAR the most vast sprawling region i've ever seen in EUO. that in itself is quite impressive.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

If you think TOLS is expansive, you haven't explored enough maps.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

treos, you are right: I didn't post anything. And in my notes from 17 May I just have 'kraken tweaks' --;
I know I moved kraken a few sq west. But I think I did change how it spawned or even despawned.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

@treos: There are two(?) underground paths into that city. And there is a lot more to explore with a bunch of weird creatures. I hope you have fun exploring that map.

As of August 5th I am a daddy of yet another cute girl. As time is even more rare for me now, I will not participate in the tourney or work on Carnival Carnage any time soon again. I do like sev's concept of this year tournament and wish everyone a jolly good time.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

congrats! happy days!
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Congrats Morty!
Djanno :smoke:
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

LordMortiferus wrote:@treos: There are two(?) underground paths into that city. And there is a lot more to explore with a bunch of weird creatures. I hope you have fun exploring that map.

As of August 5th I am a daddy of yet another cute girl. As time is even more rare for me now, I will not participate in the tourney or work on Carnival Carnage any time soon again. I do like sev's concept of this year tournament and wish everyone a jolly good time.

ok...more spelunking to do then. you know, i'm real glad my char is so much more powerful now than when i first started exploring the apocalypse back when it was all first added. now the glass mobs are fairly easy for me to pass (they still hurt but now i can handle up to 2 dragons + 1 mephit) so getting to TOLS is much easier.

wonder if there'll be more places to explore in the apocalypse as time goes on. >.> i've been to fort grunthos II, the cave (brown stone), apoc mino halls (hello you irritating void balrons >.<), the phoenix tower (apoc version of mage tower i think with mothmen near the top.), and still have a LOT of exploring to do in TOLS it seems.

also, grats
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

of course there will be more apoc maps but map making is hard work
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

especially when they're that big. ty to djanno for showing me the titan. the phys damage isn't the killer, it's the status effects and specials ;) confusion got me once, then earthquake, and i think cleave as well. nice boss but goodness is that glass immunity annoying. then agin...it IS the current final boss so i guess it does have to be super strong.

to anyone who finds Lord Brownthorne hard (or new players who reach him): you ain't seen nothing yet, not by far :P
Chedich
on lolpatrol

Post by Chedich »

treos wrote:especially when they're that big. ty to djanno for showing me the titan. ...
Is that the void titan or whatever it's called? It's working?
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

Chedich wrote:
treos wrote:especially when they're that big. ty to djanno for showing me the titan. ...
Is that the void titan or whatever it's called? It's working?
i think so. it way way off at the end of TOLS past a portal at the end of the bloodkin city guarded by a blood lord. it was basically an invisible 2x2 with a blue glow (i'm gonna assume the glow is the glass immunity).
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

It's called the Enraged Titan. Has anyone else solo'd the Epic version of it yet?
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

eggmceye wrote:of course there will be more apoc maps but map making is hard work
i'd be willing to give map making a try but i have no idea how you're map making program works.

i made a few maps for a game called Daimonin in the past but that was in a isometric view point (which i HATE. it's an odd, though not necessarily bad, angle to look at AND annoying to deal with). i'd imagin the 2d graphics of euo would be a fair bit easier to work with depending on how easy the map making program is to use.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Check out the development thread. Maped has been updated to the current engine and there are a lot of scripting options if you know how (I suck at scripting and fuck it up often). Sure I'd like drop down menus and a simple testing alt to make sure everything works.

Making the maps and dropping in mobs is pretty easy. Start with a small simple map.
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

Keighn wrote:Check out the development thread. Maped has been updated to the current engine and there are a lot of scripting options if you know how (I suck at scripting and fuck it up often). Sure I'd like drop down menus and a simple testing alt to make sure everything works.

Making the maps and dropping in mobs is pretty easy. Start with a small simple map.
i haven't the slightest idea how anything works in regards to scripting (0 programming knowledge unless you count using cheat engine to cheat at games. not mmos like this game of course. i keep it to single player games.).

i do have an idea i'd like to try though but it's not small and could wind up rather complicated. it's an idea i came up with back when i tried making maps for Daimonin but never really got around to trying it.

a multi-tier tower with each tier having a set of portals to different themed regions of increasing difficulty/size as you climb the tower. as well as having a set of doors on each tier requiring keys found in each portal to unlock and progress to the next tier.

hmmm...the tower itself could be fairly easy to make, the different areas for each portal though...not so much. overall it'd be a progressive challenge where the higher you go, the harder things get. kinda like how that ranked dungeon northeast of nordhaven starts easy but gets harder the farther you go down it.

and i'm trying it out now and maped seems simple enough, at least as far as setting up the basic layout for a map/floor goes.

edit: well, i got a simple yet fair sized ground floor setup. went and placed a merchant in the wrong spot by mistake and don't know how to remove him though (spawner placement). i was going to put 2 in the entry room to serve as bankers but got the placement of 1 wrong.

so far, maped seems pretty easy to use actually.

edit2: as a golem with 10363 MR and 85.9 (training my skills so it's actually going to be around 90 or so later) defense, should i be largely immune to normal daemon lightning and dragon lightning/fireballs? i'm currently taking little to no (mostly none) damage at all in kodiak's test of strength. like, earlier i sat in the entrance with 10 or so daemons shooting me with lightning all at once and nothing, no damagein the slightest. ancient and whoever plays as GrandMageII can vouch for it as i called them over to watch. either that much defense is just godlike or somethings up. not that i'm complaining of course. LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Maped is very easy now. I have no scripting knowledge and have made 2 maps so far. The only tricky part is if you want to make custom bosses/mobs but that isn't needed. Just fire up maped, read the manual, and get to work.
IGN: 1