FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Re: FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Turtle wrote:Is there a way to hide threads permanently, or a permanent "mark as read" feature?
Do you use the "View unread posts" tab on the forums? Once you click on the new threads, they disappear from that tab until there is a new post in that thread.
IGN: 1
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Better Way:
1. User Control Panel in upper left hand corner under Board Index but next to (0 new messages)
2. Hit the Board Preferences Tab (between profile tab and usergroups tab)
3. ON the left side you'll see 3 edit options. Click on the edit display options.
4. Look for the Display topics from previous days:
5. next to it is a box that had an option to select:
All Topics
1 day
7 days
2 weeks
1 month
3 months
6 months
1 year

Depending on how many days or weeks etc back you want to see (or all) select a number.

6. Hit Submit and head back to forums to see the greatly diminished selection of new topics.

Ya'll miss me .... ADMIT IT!!!! :heart: :psychotic: :heart: :psychotic: :heart: :psychotic: :lesson:
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I have 'active topics' booked marked and only ever use that to access forums
ritari
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by ritari »

How is non-weapon item damage calculated?
1 + 1 = 2
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ritari wrote:How is non-weapon item damage calculated?
I think it's 1d2+stat dmg based off str? my best guess w/o looking up src
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Howdy!

Is there a way to obtain improved pet wands or greater wands of transference, other than addy coins and trading?
Could somebody list me items bought with addy coins and tell me what they do (numbers?)
Not all of them. I know dye, res stone, recall runes etc etc, I'm only interested in items that can't be found and are BETTER than the foundable ones.

What I know is, you can use improved pet wants with regular pet wands and they do stack.
Also, I think wand of transference has about 5-10% chance to keep the original enchant. However, I haven't seen it happening.
What about the chance to keep the original enchant with greater wand of transference? 10-20%? And that is for addy coins only, right?

Thanks again.
Luxorious
No, I don't wear a watch. As my Dad used to say, "I'm not into time, man."
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Luxorious wrote:Also, I think wand of transference has about 5-10% chance to keep the original enchant. However, I haven't seen it happening.
It does happen, I lucked out and my second WoT attempt kept the original +.
Djanno :smoke:
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

Djanno wrote:
Luxorious wrote:Also, I think wand of transference has about 5-10% chance to keep the original enchant. However, I haven't seen it happening.
It does happen, I lucked out and my second WoT attempt kept the original +.
Thanks man! Used about 20's or 30's of those things, but RNG is RNG. Maybe I need to lit an incense to the RNG God(s)... :o

Another question:
Since chests have the best loot and I dislike picking rogue as a second class just for security skills, can you die from trapped chests if you have blue dragon food buff + full hp?

*Edit: I did some field testing.
My theory is: It's irrelevant where you find the chest, cart / low lvl place, whatever. I just bashed a lvl 1 cartography chest (with blue dragon meat of course) and it hit me for about 400 damage. So like I asked before, can you still get killed from a trapped chest with max hp? I know EUO used to be "find out yourself", but this isn't something I'd like to find out on my own, especially on PD X-D

Thanks.
Luxorious
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Max damage of chest's lightning traps is 110% of your HP. If I am not mistaken blue dragon meat gives 25% resistance so you would only take about 82% damage of your HP at max. Unless the code got changed - good luck!
Luxorious
on lolpatrol

Post by Luxorious »

LordMortiferus wrote:Max damage of chest's lightning traps is 110% of your HP. If I am not mistaken blue dragon meat gives 25% resistance so you would only take about 82% damage of your HP at max. Unless the code got changed - good luck!
Thanks for a very detailed answer, kinda what I was looking for. Finally I can open all of them chests without having to live in fear... :uhh: We shall see...

Thanks,
Luxorious
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

What is the easiest way to find out where your house is located if you have forgotten where it is and have not marked it using a hearthstone?
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

LordMortiferus wrote:Max damage of chest's lightning traps is 110% of your HP. If I am not mistaken blue dragon meat gives 25% resistance so you would only take about 82% damage of your HP at max. Unless the code got changed - good luck!
actually, blue dragon meat gives 40% lightning resistance.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

I used to keep a rat skull (that actually dropped in the Stygian Abyss years ago, not long after that map was put in) on that pillar above my av in my house.
20140117-211003.png
Today Severian asked that I lend it to him so he could take a screenshot for the stats, rare item it is ;)

I agreed but found out that I couldn't drop it! I placed that rat skull there before they were automatically added to the inventory as a quest item...

I'd love to have that rat skull put back if possible, it was a quirk and sentimental to me! :cry:

To anyone else that may have one on display, don't touch it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

at least it doesn't way 40 stone or something Djanno :)
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

Grodst. I miss you. Come back.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

me too
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Grodst wrote:at least it doesn't way 40 stone or something Djanno :)
Well I can bank it even if it did. :P

I bought a nameweapon scroll the other day and now it's officially called: Stygian Rat Skull
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

Named ratparts, dedication there for you.

And I still skulk these parts
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.
treos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by treos »

i was looking at the new quest chart in the armoury and...what NPC gives this 3rd quest in izumi after [05]Izumi guards: Smyth the smith
Pfil? i've only ever done the next 2 quests from pfil then moved on to richard and worked my way through them from there, now itseems i've always been missing a quest somewhere around there.

edit: alpha, why do you do this to me :fp: hey, egg? looks like i found yet another of this games deathtrap areas. this time its the izumi inn on alpha server. i went up stairs only to find the dorrs blocked by friendly mimics (the kind seen in player houses) and no stairs down and letsnot forget the fact its a no tp zone...wth man? why am i always finding your infernal deathtrap rooms just by wandering around? think you could reset my characters location yet again? character name is QS

edit 2: nevermind, vamp status freed me
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

egg, we used to be able to dual log (as in emomage can log in at the same time emomage was already logged in) for same accounts to be able to transfer pets. i'd like to transfer a pet on PD, but i can't dual log my alts anymore. and i'd rather not pay 6$ to transfer to someone else, just to transfer it back to myself. can we make that live again? or can i PM you my alt i want it on and send you 3$ to transfer it? or what do you want to do?
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass