FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Re: FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

Post by Aerie »

egg, is there a way to remove a name off of a named item? so that it's not purple anymore
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Post by Gulnar »

How do you use blueprints? I've got incandescent prism blueprints, and I'm supposed to use-dir them on something, I'm not sure what. I've tried alchemist bench, forge, etc. I imagine that one might use the blueprints for unbreakable tools on a normal version of the tool, but I'm not sure what the base prism item would be.
kaiser's Tranos: The rulers of the aceint times lands, the most powerfull and feared carnovours, or whore they.
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

How do the blueprints work? Are crafting skills needed?
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Gulnar wrote:How do you use blueprints? I've got incandescent prism blueprints, and I'm supposed to use-dir them on something, I'm not sure what. I've tried alchemist bench, forge, etc. I imagine that one might use the blueprints for unbreakable tools on a normal version of the tool, but I'm not sure what the base prism item would be.
After buying a blueprint, use tools to check if the blueprint shows up on the list for that tool. For the incandescent prism, try an enchanting wand.
Turtle wrote:How do the blueprints work? Are crafting skills needed?
Every blueprint requires a crafting skill; typically at GM level.

I'll write a blueprint guide some time soon.
Gulnar
on lolpatrol

Post by Gulnar »

Thanks. Good thing I have GM enchanting. I'd have been pretty upset if I didn't, since there was no indication in previous mentions of blueprints that skill was required. I'm glad I wasn't saving up for any of the vermillion weapon blueprints (since I don't have GM weaponsmithing and probably never will).

Can I take a second to whine about how hard weaponsmithing is now; a couple years back it took tons of copper/silver, and I got my weaponsmithing as far as 98% then. I should've just gone for 100% at that point, but I was also using copper/silver for armorer, which along with tailoring was the impossible skill to GM in those days. Now GM armorer is easy, GM tailor is tough but doable and GM weaponsmith is practically impossible. Yes, adding the ability to polypile 3 +4 venom ingots into 1 +5 (or 81 +1 venom ingots into 1 +5) helped a little. Almost every other skill has gotten easier to raise over the last few years. Weaponsmithing (and fishing) are the only ones that have become harder. I'd love to see a change to weaponsmith that would allow us to use more than just 1 hard to find ingredient (+5 venom ingot) to raise it the last couple points. Would crafting +6 weapons really destroy game balance?
kaiser's Tranos: The rulers of the aceint times lands, the most powerfull and feared carnovours, or whore they.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

The way the game is crafting +5 def and +6-7 weapons wouldn't do anything IMHO. I'm really starting to rack up the +7s and the +8 are slowly getting up there to double digits.
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Gulnar wrote:Can I take a second to whine about how hard weaponsmithing is now; a couple years back it took tons of copper/silver, and I got my weaponsmithing as far as 98% then. I should've just gone for 100% at that point, but I was also using copper/silver for armorer, which along with tailoring was the impossible skill to GM in those days. Now GM armorer is easy, GM tailor is tough but doable and GM weaponsmith is practically impossible. Yes, adding the ability to polypile 3 +4 venom ingots into 1 +5 (or 81 +1 venom ingots into 1 +5) helped a little. Almost every other skill has gotten easier to raise over the last few years. Weaponsmithing (and fishing) are the only ones that have become harder. I'd love to see a change to weaponsmith that would allow us to use more than just 1 hard to find ingredient (+5 venom ingot) to raise it the last couple points. Would crafting +6 weapons really destroy game balance?
Keighn wrote:The way the game is crafting +5 def and +6-7 weapons wouldn't do anything IMHO. I'm really starting to rack up the +7s and the +8 are slowly getting up there to double digits.
Due to the additive nature of development in EUO, there is an issue with allowing materials with attack +6, defense +5, etc., to be craftable. These limits are used in many places (loosely); changing the limit would require a change to everything connected to it, and is far too tedious to be viable.

An alternative solution (if there is a need for one, given that I have added yet another tool to assist with this "problem": the wand of magic amplificaiton) would be to add yet another item that would allow players to transmute one craftable material to another. This item would strictly follow crafting limits, so you would essentially only be able to attain any materials that you can current use for crafting. At the moment, this is the compromise being considered.
Aerie
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Aerie »

Severian wrote:Due to the additive nature of development in EUO, there is an issue with allowing materials with attack +6, defense +5, etc., to be craftable. These limits are used in many places (loosely); changing the limit would require a change to everything connected to it, and is far too tedious to be viable.

An alternative solution (if there is a need for one, given that I have added yet another tool to assist with this "problem": the wand of magic amplificaiton) would be to add yet another item that would allow players to transmute one craftable material to another. This item would strictly follow crafting limits, so you would essentially only be able to attain any materials that you can current use for crafting. At the moment, this is the compromise being considered.
where the hell did you go to school. i didn't learn that vocab in my p.o.s. school. LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON. then again, my teachers were dumb anyway.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

That seems pretty standard as far as language skills go. Now when egg used "dulcet," I actually had to look it up as it was, apparently, a word I had never used before in my writings. (gentle, pleasing, and sweet tone - heh! God I don't think anyone has ever described me as such before).
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ha
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

Pet Devil and Pet Daemon have the same exact stats. Is that a bug or feature?
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Shouldn't it be close to the mon.dat:

name HP AS AC dmg sight speed treas Morale xp rangd pois undead flying water immob disease vamp lycan mwalk lava organic slots INT MR name res fire res elec res cold tamability foodgroup favfood evolve spells avg dmg xp/hp level mr req f/r m x

daemon 250 25 33 5d4 4 500 98010 20 375 0 n n y n n n n n n n y 2 400 200 daemon 0 20 0 0 n 14d 0 og2:aep:kxc:aq 10 1.5 108 500 90 37

devil 200 20 33 5d4 4 500 74010 20 250 0 n n y n n n n n n n y 2 350 200 devil 0 20 0 0 n 14d 219 og2:vam:aq 10 1.25 92 438 69 28

Or are pets different from the mobs encountered?
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

Its either different, Or my Devil was stronger then it should of been. Cause nothing changed at all.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.
Sweetie
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Sweetie »

Can we unname items? Is there a scroll we can buy or a command or something?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

kevin is that you reminding me to put in unnaming >.<
Sweetie
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Post by Sweetie »

it's actually not kevin this time. X) i'm playing again. haha. i may quit by tomorrow again, but till then you're stuck with meeee. X)
nihtay
Hey I just posted on an internet forum!

Post by nihtay »

Hello, I'm sorry of this has been asked, but the original post for has a faulty link for moagl, has it been retracted for beta testing? I get a "The requested URL /files/moagl-full.zip was not found on this server." notice when I click it.

Thanks.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

moagl has been put to pasture. I did so many changes for the new client it's not really feasible keeping moagl alive, which is a bit of a shame. Might change my mind though ...
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Can the new BR fish rod be used on lava without burning and if so can it also fish up drag scale boots?
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yes and no I believe are the correct answers