FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Shanjaisolen
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Re: FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

Post by Shanjaisolen »

qwerty wrote:What's the proper way to do this so I don't get banned...
My 5-year-old likes the game so I made an alt for him a few weeks ago under my account.
Now we want to form a party of 2 to go adventuring, so do I:
1) double login - 2 alts from 1 account (not even sure this is possible)
2) create a second account and transfer his character (not sure this is possible either)
3) create a second account and start him over with a new character.
Either way, I hope partying with dual accounts like this is not perceived as "abusing alts".
Thanks in advance.
1-You can't, it will say "Account already in use!" Or something like that.
2-I'm not sure. Never heard of that.
3-If he is high level, then he wouldn't like this one, but I think this is(or not) the only way.
"Can you see my evil side beyond that smile?"

Check this crappy random Pic i made:http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85 ... ompic.png/
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

You use multiple installs. Esp from two separate computers. I never really was sure what metagaming happened when people abused this. Considering the powerlevel of most servers now and what people have I seriously doubt you could do anything to corrupt the game. Now if someone found some sort of bug that could hack the game from doing this then yeah that's a major bad mark. Playing the game with your son or friends from a home network shouldn't be a problem. Max isn't Bill Gates; I don't think.
ZUPS!!!!
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

Thanks for the feedback.
Looks like i'll be choosing option 3.
He's only a level 5 so he wont mind the restart (he probably wont even notice)
Reg: ybwen (fighter), Doover (mage), Unicornator (rogue) PD: Vizzini NG: Marklar.

Often had you come here and sat for hours at a time, hoping to once again see the shimmering blue door that would allow you to return to Britannia.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

the proper way is to have 2 accounts, one for each person
to get around the problem if not being allowed to register two from the same ip, you either wait a few days between registering both or just ask me about it

basically opt 3
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

I heard recently somewhere in the coding its made so that only one addy +9 wep of each kind will drop. Is this true, again this was told to me not some silly thought i came up with stoned alone in my room one night XD
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

CinisterD wrote:I heard recently somewhere in the coding its made so that only one addy +9 wep of each kind will drop. Is this true, again this was told to me not some silly thought i came up with stoned alone in my room one night XD
You would be mistaken; since I have an Addy Katar+9 and so does dirtyking.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh, nah that's not true
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

What is the % chance an enchant (spell effect) will trigger when you strike?
ZUPS!!!!
Eidolon
I should probably get out more.

Post by Eidolon »

I dunno if this is possibly the right place or if there is one at all. All the same I felt the need to ask.

Everytime I check the armoury most of the people on are fairly low level with that being their only char. Are people making multiple accounts like crazy now or is there a new generation of euo players over abundantly starting with the old dying out?
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

Eidolon wrote: there a new generation of euo players over abundantly starting with the old dying out?
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

Is this game done? In the term of no more misc updates? Nothing new to be added to it?
Dralos
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Dralos »

Didnt egg just make a thread called "I almost feel like doing an update". :abject:

I'm guessing he's not done with the misc updates.
LIKE A BAUSS

~JustChill~
Zzapp
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Zzapp »

Look iv been gone a long time and I dont have time to check every forum. Sorry >.>
dshadowplay
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by dshadowplay »

I can't get the taunt ability to do anything.

edit: :oops: nm, i'm being foolish. There should prolly be a sound associated with it though or something.
Akyla
I accidently ate my friend's placenta!

Post by Akyla »

Do polypile wands do anything anymore? If so, could I have recipes? Love to do something with all these crappy weapons/armor I find...

EDIT: Also, is the wiki manual editable? I keep finding discrepancies, so I might as well fix em :P
You get what anyone gets; you get a lifetime.
When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting.
When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished.
Next thing you're going to be moaning that I ought to get a scythe...
Stretchy

Post by Stretchy »

Q&A should really have it's own subforum... unless I'm just not seeing it. It'd really help newcomers filter through things that have already been asked. Anyway, on to my query:

Does age have an affect on players in EUO like in other games? (Like in Wizardry, characters over 50 would start to suffer from enfeeblement in combat and eventually die iirc).
Politicians are old and have bad karma/STDs.
Ozimandias
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Ozimandias »

Are you a cleverly crafted spam bot?
There are three kinds of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't,
dshadowplay
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by dshadowplay »

Stretchy wrote:Q&A should really have it's own subforum... unless I'm just not seeing it. It'd really help newcomers filter through things that have already been asked. Anyway, on to my query:

Does age have an affect on players in EUO like in other games? (Like in Wizardry, characters over 50 would start to suffer from enfeeblement in combat and eventually die iirc).
na, but egg has said chars should die of old age on reg server. (maybe only half jokingly :shock: ) some advice though, maybe yous should play a bit before handing out criticisms about forum structures and what not.

that being said newfolk dont desserve to be smacked just because they might be a bit impertinant. (not always anyway) And Ozi just the other week i posted something in spoiler blackout and you posted right after, revealing what it was and you dont even has the excuse of being nub! :o (i appriciate your enthusiasm though and maybe when hell gets back from vacation he help me out if he feels like it)

EUO is beyond cool Stretch, i assures you :cool:

p.s. even though you say 'i dont mean to be condecending' it comes of rather condescending lulz
Magrock
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Magrock »

Stretchy wrote:Q&A should really have it's own subforum... unless I'm just not seeing it. It'd really help newcomers filter through things that have already been asked.
That is exactly what this particullar topic or thread is for.
Stretchy wrote:Does age have an affect on players in EUO like in other games? (Like in Wizardry, characters over 50 would start to suffer from enfeeblement in combat and eventually die iirc).
Your character's age does not matter in game play. It is always nice to see players continue playing for a long time but I don't think that was ever a game objective.
Stretchy

Post by Stretchy »

dshadowplay wrote:
na, but egg has said chars should die of old age on reg server. (maybe only half jokingly :shock: ) some advice though, maybe yous should play a bit before handing out criticisms about forum structures and what not.

EUO is beyond cool Stretch, i assures you :cool:
Playing the game isn't gonna change my opinion of forum layouts... which btw I've been playing for a couple weeks now. Strictly the PD server 'cause reg server=softcore. :twisted:

Ya don't have to vouch for the game's fun-factor either. I grew up playing the 2nd trilogy of Ultima back in '89 when I was only 3. My favorite installment was U5, so this game has me feeling right at home. It's a game I've continued to play through the years, and I've kept the floppies, cloth maps, manuals and even the "avatar coin" in my pc desk since I was young. When my buddy introduced me to EUO a few weeks ago, I fell in love. Aside from a quick fix of League of Legends, I think I'll be sinking alotta my online gaming time into this masterpiece ya got here.

On to my next question! Since age has no effect, does it have a cap? If not, then who's the oldest character around? (just curious)
Politicians are old and have bad karma/STDs.