FAQ/QUESTIONS/OTHER STUFF

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

stealthknight
Here for the lesbians.

Post by stealthknight »

Yes, I know Egg, but it doesn't mute it, at the volume I listen to music, it is just as loud.
Cadet Private First Class.
AileTheAlien
Here for the lesbians.

Post by AileTheAlien »

You can replace all the sounds with blank files.
Look up "Audacity" - it's a pretty good free sound editor.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

AileTheAlien wrote:You can replace all the sounds with blank files.
Look up "Audacity" - it's a pretty good free sound editor.
that's just as bad as deleting them if the patcher is running all the time - why is the patcher running all the time?
Apollo31
BBQ ABC <3

Quests for upper level spells?

Post by Apollo31 »

I am relatively new and I am looking for upper level spells. I searched through the forums to see if I can find if this was posted earlier and I could'nt find any. What cities should I look in for the quest givers for this.

Thanks
Last edited by Apollo31 on Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GenoStar
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by GenoStar »

You really should look for yourself.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

GenoStar wrote:You really should look for yourself.
Anyone else want to be an asshole?
Apollo31
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Apollo31 »

GenoStar wrote:You really should look for yourself.
I have done a alot of quests already. I was just hoping for someone to point me in the right direction, not to do it for me.
Chars : Malice and Malikai
Kybare
My monkey's still learning the basics of e-mail.

Post by Kybare »

Try doing the mage quests from Virgil.
Next time you level up, choose INT because you spawned from the shallow end of the gene pool. - eggmceye
Punctuation is what seperates man from the animals - snafu
Main advice is to "RTFM" - email from my supervisor to me
Apollo31
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Apollo31 »

Thank you!
Chars : Malice and Malikai
AileTheAlien
Here for the lesbians.

Post by AileTheAlien »

Some of the higher level spells are dropped by certain (hard) monsters.
Solarcide
How do I attack?

Post by Solarcide »

First of all I'd like to say that I've been a fan of the Ultima series since my father bought it for my C64 when I was like 13. When I found out about EUO a few days ago... I was ecstatic. After only playing for a few hours, I'm hooked. I called my sister and told her about it and she can't wait to start playing. My brother will probably start playing when he gets an internet connection(he's actually playing Ultima 5 again right now... LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON). I really look forward to contributing to the game.

Anyway... I just spent a good 12 hours reading though the manual, the posts in this thread, and the posts in the Banned thread. Damn, Egg... you're too young to be having to deal with a bunch of ungrateful teens. No wonder your Forum avatar has no hair!

Well, think I'll get to the point now. There's a few things that I"m unclear about after having read everything that I've read (and after having taken a 5 hour nap).

1) What the hell is Telefragging?

2) I"ve read about people losing their gold when they die, but after having played and died numerous times in the newbie dungeon (started playing a sorcery/piety character), I've noticed that I"m not losing any gold when I die. Does gold loss happen after a certain level has been reached? OR is there somethign else going on.

3) I've noticed that Egg has stated that he will no longer be doing any coding for EUO (which saddened me since I just started playing and it seems like I've come in at the tail end of the life of what seems to be a great game). Is this a temporary stress-relieving vacation due to having to deal with ungratefully selfish brats... or is this something more permanent? And if so, has Egg considered passing the mantle to someone else to code? Just curious... I'd hate to start playing a game I know I'm going to love only to have it decay through lack of upkeep.

Thank for reading this long-winded post. I look forward to contributing to this game in any way I can and hope to have lots of fun with you people.
Roopert
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Roopert »

Hi Solarcide!

Maybe I can help with some of your questions
1) As I understand, telefragging is when someone KOPs (teleports) to a square you are standing on. (BlackMage did that to me once by accident)
2)You dont drop gold when you die. A while back before some updates your gold would drop when you were killed. I imagine there were too many complaints so it was changed.
3)It is my firm hope that Egg is just taking a break from working on EUO. There have been some problems with some players in the past and I think its was really starting to discourage him with having so many problems in-game. As a note, things seem to have calmed a bit on the problem player front. Even if Egg isnt working on EUO anymore, dont dispair! This is a great game, and after getting used to how things run you will be addicted.

Anyways enjoy the game! If you have any questions or need some help, I dont mind answering questions for new players. My main charaters are; Craft, Roopert and Jack

Enjoy!
Solarcide
How do I attack?

Post by Solarcide »

Thanks a lot for the info Roopert. I don't have any alts as of yet. My only character is Solarcide. Hope to see you in game.
AileTheAlien
Here for the lesbians.

Post by AileTheAlien »

Telefragging is a term from FPS games.
You should go play 100 rounds of Doom/Unreal/etc to learn your lesson... :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telefrag
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Hi Solarcide,

When I found EUO, I too was very happy. It brought back the memories of the good ol' C64, and the D&D days. ;)

Welcome! Hope the idiots don't drive you away. Hehe.
Djanno :smoke:
Solarcide
How do I attack?

Post by Solarcide »

Won't happen Djanno... I've got an enchanted shoe that gives me high resistance to idiots. ;P
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

Amazing :shock:
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

What good are PLAIN zircons? To enchant anything even plus one you need a polished zircon or better.
AileTheAlien
Here for the lesbians.

Post by AileTheAlien »

Ordinary zircons, topazes and onyxes have no use.
Grodst
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Grodst »

they make good lightsources before they disappear
Making Enchants the right way: one noob after another tossed into the lava.