An apology

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

CinisterD
Here for the lesbians.

An apology

Post by CinisterD » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:59 am

I'm sorry for messing with @Nechtan for ruining his discord. He had nothing to do with it.

I'm sorry to @Keighn for deleting threads that were clearly set by him, for him. He was one of the few that agreed what I was doing at the time was public knowledge, and that I was sharing this information.

To be serious here-

This game has a special place in my heart and always will. It means more to me than I'd like to admit. It was my first MMO, and I always considered it home. No matter how long I'd stop playing, I always had a place here.

What I did was intended to be aimed at maybe 5 people. Through my action 150+ accounts were impacted. To those who had nothing to do with this, I apologize.

What I did burned a lot of bridges, and at the time, players made it very clear this was no longer my home. Some of it I deserved. A lot of it I did not. Either way it's in the past.

At the time I was going through a lot in my personal life, and was clearly having an episode with my mental health. Add a pandemic to the mix, with at the time several months of isolation, and I'm embarrassed to admit I was in a dark place. I shouldn't have been playing in that sort of mental state, and I shouldn't have continued arguing with people who made it clear my well being was not a priority. I've been seeing a Dr. for it, and I get better every day.

I am legit sorry to the players who egg deleted your stuff, because I had it on loan. That wasn't cool at all.

I'm torn writing this. I stand by my feelings that I was bullied on a level I've never previously experienced in this game. I was also continued to be singled out "to be made an example" while clearly not in a healthy condition. That really hammers in the aspect of kicking me while I'm down, and I feel the bullying rules weren't being applied fairly.

Yet I'm asked to be the one apologizing. I realize my actions impacted the entire community. One that used to mean a great deal to me. For this, I'm willing to just say that I'm sorry, regardless of what this outcome may be.

For the people who actively attacked me during this time. We were never friends, and it's clear we never will be. Thankfully I don't need to get along with everyone, just tolerate them.

I'd prefer my house and items be reinstated, but my belongings mean nothing if I can't play this game with my friends after 12+ years. If the bans today stay in place, I'll follow up about my Paypal.

If we can finally just move on, replace my things (along with my gold), unban anyone affiliated with any arguments today, I'm happy to finally put a well overdue end to this.

I have a busy life anymore, and at most may hop on once or twice every few months to run through my friends new map. I've learned pretty well my opinion isn't welcome on development, and will keep to myself.

I'll end this with two things:

1. Picking on someone while they're having a mental breakdown is disgusting. I hope those involved meet eventual Karma.

2. I screwed over a lot of people for the actions of a small group. I should have handled it solely with the people involved. I messed up. I know a lot of you have done the same at one point or another. I hope you can understand.
Last edited by CinisterD on Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eggmceye
hello

Re: Half an apology (Best I can do)

Post by eggmceye » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:10 am

you're stuff isn't deleted : it's on a mule

I'm happy to refund your house & basement - email me if that is what you really want

CinisterD
Here for the lesbians.

Re: An apology

Post by CinisterD » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:46 pm

Bump for maturity and growth.