Bugs Thread - 2020 edition

"EUO - Further evidence that Diabloesque games kill real role-playing games."

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Balmung
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Re: Bugs Thread - 2020 edition

Post by Balmung » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:14 am

can you still log onto the character? maybe i can res you LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:47 pm

it almost feels like you didn't actually die, just get close to it, and that your client (euo.exe) thought (mistakenly) that you were dead (the grey screen, you have been killed by xxx ...

but the client syncs hp every time you take dmg, so that means server thought you were dead. mobs don't attack dead chars, so wtf is happening, I don't know.

poply
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by poply » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:47 am

I can still log in on that character and I was sitting at 1k+ health or over 60% at the time. I had a res stone in my inventory that was not used. the combat message said I was killed my the ladder guardian #1 although I was on floor 16, I didn't think to check the displayed name on it though. I could only repeat the deaths with that one monster spawn and nothing else on the floor at that time and not with the next spawn of the ladder guardian on the same floor either. When I was fighting it, I could only attack when I was alive which made the fight slower but not impossible. So whatever happened, it's not exploitable, it doesn't seem repeatable, and it goes away on it's own. I didn't have anyone to check and see if I was dead for anyone else. If it happens again I will let you know and try to have someone on reg log in to check as well. Otherwise, Yay you fixed it by pretending it didn't exist.

Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:51 pm

Petition to make cloudy beverage and refined cloudy beverage at least return 1 empty bottle when eaten.

Rumper

Post by Rumper » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:23 am

Is it possible to complete the 2nd shopping spree quest when one is lotl?

By talking to Kyle. He wants atleast 3 carpet tiles, but I am unsure on how to get them while living of the land.
On the wiki, inscription and woodcrafting don't have carpet tiles listed as a possible itme to craft.

Rumper

Post by Rumper » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:42 pm

The quest where Melissandre ask you to extract blood from a child gives you a blood exctractor item each time you ask her the keyword 'child'.

The hidden alternative in a certain innkeepers quest won't mark the quest as completed and still requires you to complete the quest straightforwardly and that negates the hidden alternative :(.

Azalynn
on lolpatrol

Post by Azalynn » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:21 am

This may not be a bug i just couldnt find it on the fourms but if you start a new character on PD as a non human you have 125% class cap. If i log into an existing character after remort after the change, i still have a class cap of 175. Shouldnt it be 200 for non humans now or does remort just give 50% instead of 75 now?

The manual still says 75% if that isnt the case btw.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Azalynn - Retired 1000
Thrall - Retired 1000
Windwalker
Azser
Az
Xentria [LotL]

†WARMAGE†
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by †WARMAGE† » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:14 am

Used a tint want on my mythic’d weapon and lost the strength bonus, kept the felmythic name.

I had a black rock Vulgar great maul AS+7 strength +20 > paralysis added felmythic to the item and I’m 90% sure I used to receive the additional +5 strength bonus as well as the obvious 12% increase damage.

Used a barbed tint wand on the great maul and no longer receive the +25 only +20. But I kept the title felmythic. Bought the demyth scroll and reapplied felmythic to see if it was fixed and still only +20 strength.

More concerned with weather or not the 12% damage is taking effect

Balmung
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Balmung » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:03 am

mythic, mystic, and astral and their upgraded counterparts (fel, dun,bal) on weapons only increase the damage they deal. 10% for the first stage, and and extra 2% for using an upgrade wand, per the manual. Ironically, if you really think you got the additional Str buff for having a felmythic weapon, that would be the bug not that it disappeared! :LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON: <- forum emote is busted

The good thing is that +5 str is pretty negligible, so you aren't really out much if you did erroneously get that extra benefit. Next time I'm online I'll take a peek and see if any of my own felmythic weapons exhibit this same issue. Maybe it had to do with the fact that it was an artifact that already had a stat bonus placed on it??
†WARMAGE† wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:14 am
More concerned with weather or not the 12% damage is taking effect
I think the easiest way to check this on your own would be via alpha.
If you still have AC, you can copy a character to alpha, demythic the weapon, and test damage. compare it to the mythic'd version.

†WARMAGE†
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by †WARMAGE† » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:30 am

Balmung wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:03 am
I think the easiest way to check this on your own would be via alpha.
If you still have AC, you can copy a character to alpha, demythic the weapon, and test damage. compare it to the mythic'd version.
Appreciate it! I’ll try that out