Ideas thread 2020

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2020

Post by Keighn »

What about another server? I mean a hardcore server with several options but not a lot of certain "frills." For all the talk of nerf this and that no one ever wants a server thats hard as balls of spiked steel. I've brought it up before but people prefer their comfort zones. With the current playerbase you'd think some might want to help engineer such a thing.

As to DC drops I suppose it depends on how fast you loot chests. There are times its up and times i hadn't seen a coin in a week. (Though i'd only be on actively 4-5 hours a day. Kharan and a few others could better gauge the drop rate than me. I'm just glad it was around this bout as I missed the first installment on it.

I will say it distracted me enough to search hardcore for months since it was implemented. Be a hard one to top imho.
ZUPS!!!!
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Freedomcobra wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:30 am Those of us that don't do chest runs see VERY few DC's, I wouldn't mind seeing a dc nerf from chests, but maybe seeing a bump in mob drops would be nice. I think I have only seen 2 drop from monsters, and it was goblins.. Never seen one from anything I actually hunt
The thing is, people play the game differently. When DC came out I farmed over 300 coins, did all my gear then bulk bought wands for any future items, projects, or builds to do. The damage is done. On all of the servers.

If egg decided to nix all of the wands and dc everyone are sitting on, fucking awesome. It has been cool to play with some stuff but if you did any farming at all and chest full of gear you never would had use before, you no longer need a piece of gear and/or by default have the trade power to get whatever you're looking for.

Diamond coins have ruined gearing for me which is strange. I had all the gear I could had ever wanted before dc, now? I could equip all of the NPCs in the game with gg gear. The gear chase is a great part of games like euo and that is gone. If it was my choice diamond coins would be deleted from the game.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Keighn wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:43 am What about another server? I mean a hardcore server with several options but not a lot of certain "frills." For all the talk of nerf this and that no one ever wants a server thats hard as balls of spiked steel. I've brought it up before but people prefer their comfort zones. With the current playerbase you'd think some might want to help engineer such a thing.
I mean that's why I play lotl PD just for the brain exercise but that's temporary for sure, once you get rolling it's basically no different except drops are more exciting.

There is a big difference between something being hard and being just inconvenient. I'm all for the game being difficult at the higher end as long as it isnt also annoying to play.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

No matter how one plays they'll slowly build up gear. Before this whole DC thing i had finally got more gear and higher stuff on reg than i ever had before (sure it was on boring heph but still). NG, relatively same story. Yeah, DC later did oomph it to a new level (can't demy it didn't). I used my coins and wands. No stockpile. I'm sure others have massive stockpiles. It was good fun but now i have more pressing matters than the game since i'm finally out of quarantine Georgia (outta state, no car, meh).

It'll be a while before i try to hardcore euo. I grinded pretty hard on hephs and burnout happened. (For all games tbh).

Server i'm thinking of might be too autistic (seems to be a term gamers use for over compulsive playing) or grindy and annoying. PD or lotl or pvp entirely optional but the raw pvm & skill/xp diffifulty would be pretty OP.

I guess my dopamine for gaming is shot. Going arms race won't fix it.
ZUPS!!!!
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Keighn wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:41 am I guess my dopamine for gaming is shot. Going arms race won't fix it.
I completely agree.

I would be cool with even having a hardcore mode. Simply put, if you die you're done. No res stones, no restores, notta.

Would be really cool if it were also no storage whatsoever. Even if you drop it in your house it has the same timer as if you were leaving something on the ground before it disappears. Basically hardcore lotl with no houses.

Would be really nice for you never to be able to resist things either. MR is permanently set to 0. Def can stay, its not even close to the level of MR defensively. Or even no damage reduction at all, even through food buffs.

PvP permanently enabled!

Give the server like 5x or something, not as slow as reg but not as fast as PD. (or just have it an opt into on any of the servers, triggered like LOTL, fragmenting the player base further might not be the best idea)

Even if it was a race type of thing, first one to 1k or whatever the goal for something on another server (or this hypothetical hardcore server if youre ballsy)
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, in creation mode there are toggles you can set:
Assign 75-80 points to any of 3 stats (yes 0 is fine).
PD on/off
Pvp on/off
Lotl on/off
Housing on/off
More Traps on/off

Mobs set to 2.5 as tough
Xp from mobs is 50% less
Skills raise at 50% slower than reg.
+6 stats lvl
No need to med at shrine
S, I, D, V, H, M
S - strength
I - intelligence
D - dexterity
V- versatility
H - hp for vitality
M - Mana for Sagacity

Suggestion on ver, vig, sag raising? 1 for 1 might be too high or low.

More boss mob spawns like ng or alpha

Would anyone survive and go full hardcore? Thinking a little like Dungeon Hack.

Autistic grind of hellish frustration.
ZUPS!!!!
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

new spell for magery : maximize magic = for cost of 20% of max mana your next spell will be cast with 60% more int , within next 10 seconds and doesn't stack.

this could work nice with mana shield (or barrier) so you have to decide to be more offensive or defensive since both spells will drain your mana.

all pets should give some extra load +20 regular, +30 any undead , +40 golems , +50 dragons and 1 extra load capacity per lvl.

gnome pet should be able to detect traps adjacted to them based on their lvl.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

eggmceye wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:32 pm I honestly dislike the pd remort / multiclassing system and would like to replace it with everything reg has (inc 6 stats per lvl) - except with fast level up rather than shrines. Would this fix yr problems az?
Ive been trying to theorycraft what to do with PD and the easiest and most permanent fix would be just give PD what reg has, 6 stats per level, no remort, optional shrine usage for class cap.

If you want to get spicy, dont limit the class cap you can obtain from the shrine, that would open the way for even more builds and let the existing systems in the game create them without the limitations we have now (175 or 200% class cap). Is there a reason why this is limited in the first place?
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

To keep humans viable I would imagine. I guess humans get more xp atm. If the raised skills faster than other classes that might be a boon.
ZUPS!!!!
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

Humans would have no benefit after max lvl/skills
-allow them to ascend or descend after a very hard quest to celestial or hellspawn .
-celestial benefits divinity,piety and sanctity , hellspawn benefits sorcery,vampirism and necromancy. (maybe just a 15% more damage/stats stuff)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I don't want to get spicy
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

eggmceye wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:48 am I don't want to get spicy
Then dont. Just giving an input
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

you know what would be spicy, DELETING REG!!! :whistle:
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

eggmceye wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:31 pm you know what would be spicy, DELETING REG!!! :whistle:
Finally, a good decision that will increase the popularity of PD.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Tink

Post by Tink »

Combine all the servers.

Let chaos ensue.
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

Azalynn wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:07 am
eggmceye wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:31 pm you know what would be spicy, DELETING REG!!! :whistle:
seethe shill
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Balmung wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:36 am
Azalynn wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:07 am
seethe shill
Hell yeah man of course i would like the server i play to be more popular than what it is, burn it down haha
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Indigestion.
ZUPS!!!!
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

So to help brainstorm new rogue buffs I played around with the dual wield desync glitch (see bugs thread - roughly 2x attack speed). The build was a half troll fencer using dual wield bug and 20% of levels into hp shrine.

Here were the results: I couldn't use ranged or backstab as much (desync makes switching weapons awkward), but got roughly 2x dps and 50% more hp in exchange. Running Ana with the desync glitch reduces my clear time from 20 minutes to 13 on a level 181 character. Overall, doubling attack speed is probably too much, but maybe increasing dps and survivability on Rogues could be a welcome change. Here was an example stance I came up based on my build:

DUELING STANCE
  • Requires foil or shortsword in main hand. Once you activate the stance you are not allowed to switch weapons, but are immune to disarm
  • 1h weapons 15% faster, deal 10% more damage, and you take 25% less damage
  • You can not hide while using dueling stance, but more importantly...
  • You can only leave dueling stance when you have 0 rage. This forces you to wait until after combat to hide.
  • Exception to no hide rule: when you blind a creature, there is a chance(66%) that you create a 'distraction' - this gives you a 3 second window of opportunity to run and hide. This adds a tactical element to retreat, and when fighting blood warriors, polymorphed as a croc, or on slow terrain, you're less likely to run away successfully.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Belkar wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:27 pm

Edit: oh and post an FAQ beneath the download link how to fix the issue of not installing because of smartscreen on windows 10! This is a real PITA
does anyone have any info on this? I don't have ready access to win 10 so don't know what to say about it, in terms of workaround