Ideas Thread 2017

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Ideas Thread 2017

Post by Onyxt »

Change the claymore artifact Flamberge from VF to IFH enchant. Since VF can be crafted.
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

1[WoWz] wrote:From the Cash Shoppe thread:
XP TRANSFER
For the price of 10c per level for the reg server ONLY, and 5$ minimum will remove xp from one character and put it onto another. Both characters must be on the same account and on reg server, NO EXCEPTIONS. (yes we all know emo got his brother's xp but i) they were brothers ii) that won't ever be happening again!!)

This is a transfer of XP, not levels, so moving 50 levels of xp from char X to char Y who is already lvl 100 will NOT translate into lvl 150 on char Y - maybe closer to barely 5 levels!

The chars that are getting the xp removed will be reset to level 1, and may be deleted next prune - so empty their banks. I won't transfer SOME xp off that char: it's all of it or nothing.

If this service enthuses you, email me euo@swut.net

here's the xp table if you want to cheese max value outa the system: http://swut.net/euo/files/euo_xp_table.xls
How about a service (cash or otherwise) for level 500 characters that lets you split half of your experience to a another character? A level 500 character has the same XP as two level 359 characters. This could give a way for people to keep playing, get to experience new characters without early game, and they can rebuy all their drake mounts/avatars/other goodies for the 2nd character too ;)

Level 1000 characters on PD get an Addy Res Stone so having an option open to maxed regular characters might be good.
You forgot about the 10x xp server rate. Using the same effort to get a character to lvl 1K (same amount of mobs) only equals to a lvl 331 reg character, Deaths not included.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Rumper wrote:You forgot about the 10x xp server rate. Using the same effort to get a character to lvl 1K (same amount of mobs) only equals to a lvl 331 reg character, Deaths not included.
Well I'd say that the effort is greater on PD because you're playing safer and if you die, you're out a res stone or it's over. Either way, getting to level 500 should be something to look forward to.
IGN: 1
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

PD is where the cool kids play yo, It requires all the effort.
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Add level 16 maps into the game and have them drop slightly better loot that can be dropped from high end mobs. It'll breathe some life back into the skill.
Such as:
+10 weapons/armor
+37-40 stat
+20 vig
+6 MR/NV
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

^Good idea.

A quality of life improvement would be to change the ~ symbol for bleed to different colors and show multiple for different bleeds.

I'd like to know which of these stack with each other:
AMT
VAMT
Barbed Weapon
Spiked Shield Bash
Slice n Dice
Aimed
Point Blank Headshot
Soul Transfer
newmagna
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by newmagna »

have fire dragons act like light sources,
and maybe make it so we can hit those orbs we can look into -i forget the name- so we can obtain actual orbs, to make them less scarce
give all two handed weapons a chance to hit enbemies adjacent to your target, to give them a little more reach.
enchanted weapons are always triggered when using weapon special, same for monks and their aspects, also probably barbed?
have some status effects stackable: poison and bleed for example.
new item: glasses, immunity to blindness from squids. 1 brass sheet and 1 raw glass
new alchemy item: potion of polymorph, turns you into a aberration, with 49/49/2 str/dex/int and half troll like regen
new enchanting item: magic rope single use paralyze, uses rope
new ink item: rope, made with some stuff i guess look im kinda tied rn its past 1am
new tint: electric, chance to shock-stun- enemies
new tint: wind:1/3 of as but 4 times the speed, ignores defense
new arti: geist ring, speeds you up-actually +10% dex-
new arti: behemoth band, +10%hp and def
new arti: boogiemen ring, faster when stealthed, -1%str
new arti: eidolon's mantle, +mana, +30 vig, +3 mr, extra chance to scare monsters
enchanted wearables that give permanent bonuses like S, protection, EU-for real this time-, load, SL, VYR,fortitude, truesight.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Give other classes more survivability. Fighters and Priests can survive everything due to high hp, tank stance (fighter), and healing (priests).

Rogue/Monk - Ability to dodge other spells besides VF with high dex.
Rogue/Monk - Second Wind ability that will add temporary health to your HP based on how much mana you have, this ticks down like VUM.
Mage/Necromancer - Mana Shield ability that will add temporary health to your HP based on how much mana you have, this ticks down like VUM.
Mage - Water Tank ability that summons a Water Demon with HP based on stats/level/int and M/R+Defense of a golem, does not attack but will battle roar.
Necromancer - Bovine Tank ability that summons an Zombie Cow with HP based on stats/level/int and M/R+Defense of a golem, does not attack but will battle roar.
All classes - When an enemy is killed (aka when experience is earned) restore half of that amount of HP to that character.
All classes - Fight defensively stance that removes stat bonuses from physical attacks and reduces incoming damage by that amount.
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

I think it a good way to buff Mage's survivability would be to upgrade their circle 8 spells + kx summon spell. Thematically, the spells are very cool, but they haven't withstood the test of time. I don't think the changes need to be too extreme; for instance, using 1's water tank idea to improve the summon dragon spell would be a great upgrade.

This could also end up buffing the summons from mobs though, so that could be a downside.

some ideas:

KX- Summon (circle 5): I think summoning hellspawn as a capstone is really neat, but hellspawn sadly don't stack up to higher level creatures, and it becomes redundant compared to summon daemon.

Creatures summoned could be more support focused, with better spells. Ex: summoning mino shamans and mothras as a capstone would be great due to sleep wind and xen mani. (I don't think this change should effect mobs though)

KVX- Summon dragon (circle 8): This should be changed to be in line with 1's water tank idea- have the dragon's hp eventually scale to int and make it cast battle roar. I like how the dragon changes color as your int goes up, but once your int hits ~500 you get a red dragon and the spell stops getting stronger.

My suggestion:
- <500ish int: have dragons battle roar, but otherwise leave spell unchanged
- >500 int: summoned red dragon hp begins to scale with int, so it remains useful
- Some high int level: Red dragon starts to get a blue artifact glow effect (or other cosmetic change), because that would look cool

KXC- Summon daemon (circle 8): This spell used to be really goodbroken back when daemons summoned like the plague, though I'm not sure how to change it without making it redundant with KVX.

VYR- Polymorph (circle 8): I have lots of random ideas on this one. Here's a couple:
- casting VYR while already in dragon form undoes polymorph (so you don't have to wait 60 seconds)
- Some sort of hp buff? Int based hp? Stat respec?
- allow you to cast certain dragon spells without cooldown penalty from no staff, and give bonus to damage (to mitigate damage loss from not having a staff)
- Or focus just on the combat aspect and give claws VF enchant
- have it be a more powerful panic button spell, like phase shift? So give it a cooldown time
- Ex:Dying in polymorph form undoes polymorph, leaving you at half hp (like necro command death ability), along with a cooldown time so you don't cast it again. As long as the cooldown is decent, it shouldn't be too abusable, but if it is, then tack on some extra debuffs (for instance dying also paralyses you or puts you at 0 mana)
- I like that idea but then mages will just use it as a panic button instead of actively fighting in dragon form
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

Quick ideas for rogues:

- Equipping a foil provides some damage reduction based on foil skill, just like with shields or tactics on a fighter
- Defensive roll: When a rogue would be killed by an attack or spell, instead he takes half damage. Requires rogue weapon equipped.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

From discussion with Xophias and DRUIDER
1) IVPY bows are apparently useless as radius is only 2 squares centered from player, not from target mob.

2) A borrow/loan feature where you can lend items (like really nice weapons) and have it automatically returned after X days. Help with people disappearing with loaned items.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

show 1-0 binds in addition to the fkeys by pressing alt+f5 or something.
Omnidescent
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Omnidescent »

3 words, PvP.

Lately, PvP has become nearly extinct, and to me, it played a big role, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like something is missing, so here's my suggestion.

Let's start with the basic rules:

- DMG and Heal power should be decreased or halved at the Arena, PvP fights shouldn't end in 10 seconds, besides, this will allow people to think about their tactics and how they're gonna roll instead of getting into the fight and randomly mashing buttons.

- Each map gets a set of rules, like, melee only, magic only, ranged only, etc. (With the exception of the northern map, where there are no rules)

Now, the cheesy part, you have two choices:

A) When you kill a player, you get a "Gladiator Mark" which can be traded to the "Prize Merchant" for useables/cosmetics/weapons/armour

A Features:

- You only get GMs if you kill a player ahead of you in terms of level or below you by 49 levels (You don't get anything from killing players below you by 50 levels or more)

- You can only get *insert amount of GMs* from a certain player each day and that counts for his whole account, which means that if you exceed that amount, you won't get any GMs for killing any of his characters

- New characters can't obtain GMs untill level 75 reg and level 150 PD and a week has to pass. (You also can't gain GMs from them)

- If an account has been newly made, that first characters made during the first week have to wait 2 weeks untill they can gain/give GMs

- The Prize Merchant's stock is random, which means it shuffles every 24 HRs and he can run OUT of stock. (Items depend on your level)

- Weapons and Armour bought from the Prize Merchant can only be used in the Arena

- Weapons bought from the Prize Merchant increase the player's overall DMG by a specific percentage to other players in the Arena

- Armour bought from the Prize Merchant decrease the DMG the player recieves from other players in the arena (Note that the Weapon can negate the Armour's effect if it has higher DMG increase % and vice versa) (% depends on item level WHICH depends on player level)

- Anything bought from the Prize Merchant can not be traded

- There is a max amount of GMs you can accumulate before having to spend them (You decide how much the amount should be)

B) Arena Ranking, you get 1 point when you kill someone depending on your level gap, for example: level gaps should be like this on reg, 75-149, 150-249, 250-349, 350-500, the 1th, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th get chests that contain useables/items/weapons/armour/cosmetics depending on their level gap, Ranking season resets every month.

B Features:

- 1st gets an Adamantium chest, 2nd gets a Golden chest, 3rd gets a Silver chest, 4th gets a Bronze chest, 5th gets a Wooden chest

- People who obtained points but didn't achieve any position get 1g as a consolation prize because why not

- Same rules as A when it comes to new players and accounts

- Same stuff when it also comes to items obtained

- It's like tournaments but better and automatic

- The 5 winners get a special avatar and/or name colour

- The 5 winners get a temporary EXP boost for a couple of days

- The 5 winners get a *insert more shtuff here*

That's all, for now, hope you consider any of it, I worked REALLY hard on coming up with these ideas (actually not, they randomly popped as I sprinted to the bathroom due to diarrhea an hour ago :geek: )

P.S: I could've forgot some details, because I've written another post like this but it got erased due to a miss click, suggestions for my suggestion are well appreciated.

#Bring_Back_PvP_To_Its'_Former_Glory
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

^I agree that PVP could use some work. But with the current low population all of the hard work coding all that stuff into the game wouldn't be worth it. More simple solutions should probably be looked at first.

Previous PVP tourneys were fun and successful. A way to automate them and also limit healing would be fine. The PVP server is still up, perhaps something can be done with it.
Omnidescent

Post by Omnidescent »

1[WoWz] wrote:^I agree that PVP could use some work. But with the current low population all of the hard work coding all that stuff into the game wouldn't be worth it. More simple solutions should probably be looked at first.

Previous PVP tourneys were fun and successful. A way to automate them and also limit healing would be fine. The PVP server is still up, perhaps something can be done with it.
Hmm, I dunno what the PvP server was all about, never was able to create a char on it but meh, if it was like "You get exp from kills, focuses on PvP (duh)" and the like, it would be an interesting choice to revive the server.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

This is gonna sound dopey:

Over milking a cow pisses it off. Random chance when its milked dry but each succession gets her more angry. Enraged cow!
Moo sounds on milking like in diablo with a massive moo when it is dry and pissed.

Same concept with chickens/turkeys since its fantasy. You poke it and it pops an egg. Enraged chickens and turkeys possible.
Bocks and gobbles sounds.

Unless euo goes farmvillish and we can nest the fowl.

Milking horses... Uh NO! It prolly gets pissed. Id think it odd if it went blue bar and followed you around neighing. Just too strange.

Back in school days this ginger dude known as Donny Townsend did milk horses fer uh recreation and got caught. He moved out of state a month later. Then i recall seeing the famous south park episode with the pubes and pony and tennerson eating his parent; tricked by cartman. Damn weird. So no horsing around. Hank hill says it aint right.
Omnidescent

Post by Omnidescent »

Keighn wrote:This is gonna sound dopey:

Over milking a cow pisses it off. Random chance when its milked dry but each succession gets her more angry. Enraged cow!
Moo sounds on milking like in diablo with a massive moo when it is dry and pissed.

Same concept with chickens/turkeys since its fantasy. You poke it and it pops an egg. Enraged chickens and turkeys possible.
Bocks and gobbles sounds.

Unless euo goes farmvillish and we can nest the fowl.

Milking horses... Uh NO! It prolly gets pissed. Id think it odd if it went blue bar and followed you around neighing. Just too strange.

Back in school days this ginger dude known as Donny Townsend did milk horses fer uh recreation and got caught. He moved out of state a month later. Then i recall seeing the famous south park episode with the pubes and pony and tennerson eating his parent; tricked by cartman. Damn weird. So no horsing around. Hank hill says it aint right.
This.... +1

And

Daily quests/tasks: Each and every day you get 3 random quests/tasks from 3 random cities (if you unlocked Maeondir/Apoc then they count too depending on your level), XP rewards scale depending on your level, so does the gold reward, and a chance to get a random cosmetic/item.

Complete the 3 quests every day for 7 days and at the seventh you get an elite quest/task, complete it and, you get...

Either 1) A chest containing cosmetics/perhaps costumes/dunno if I'm suggesting much but, maybe, artis or other stuff?/etc

2) Immense exp and gold

3)Other stuff, I'm bad at suggesting rewards

Another suggestion:

How about a gauntlet? You keep fighting until mobs become so hard that they hammer you down (death doesn't count in PD)

Reward is based on how many waves you survive.

Another one:

Having Ripley kill you due to kicking it shouldn't count as a death on PD
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

new item: blessed bread: inexhaustible piece of bread. no bonus though.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

More like HARDTACK! It'll last forever alright... :rebel:
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

every 1 or 2+ atk on a gold weapon adds another "glow radius" to it, same for every +def on gold armor