Ideas Thread 2017

Moderator: EUO Moderators

TheOneGuy
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: Ideas Thread 2017

Post by TheOneGuy »

On my list of things that would bring me back to Euo in substantial way:

Endless defense:
Waves of monsters that gain Damage, HP, and better loot pools each wave or each set of waves. Plus a score board to brag about the high score

Some sort of village simulator thing:
Kinda like dwarf fortress or the village from breath of fire 4 - I realize this is stupid hard to program

Being able to play as a monster and raid villages:
(new stone?)

Oh and almost any update that gives me better loot chances and some challenge other than endless grinding
all i want is a test server for maped then ill be happy ...
Omnidescent
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Omnidescent »

So, I've been thinking, we really need either more quests, or a linear questline.

It's been a while since there's been a new quest out there. Years ago, quests used to entertain me a lot (When I was new (In addition to the parties)), maybe after druid launches, it could be a good idea to work a lil' bit on quests, not as a priority, but as a QoL change to the game.
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

Omnidescent wrote:So, I've been thinking, we really need either more quests, or a linear questline.
A linear questline is a great idea. Right now it's simply "Help out the guards!" and that doesn't even get you far. EUO doesn't seem to have a plot of any sort. There's the history of how the world came to be and there is the lore of the virtues. There are stories and plenty of lore, but not much else as far as a plot for character development.

The tutorial could be altered to include a story though:

Naomi at the start says "Help! I'm so glad I've found you! My town was attacked by orcs! Could you please help us drive the monsters back?"
You have to go through the cave and everything to reach the fort and slay a boss orc or something. The loot this boss drops would be an item identical to Naomi's old pendant, like a dead villager's necklace.
Behind the castle where the portals are, Lord Nubis could be saying "I noticed those monstrous orcs taking hostages! I opened portals to rescue them, but my men have not returned yet. Could you assist them?" Could mention something about specific class portals? "A Mage may best serve the portal on the north, but the one to the west may require a stealthier approach." He could also say "Please, you must fetch the Lord of Nordhaven and ask for assistance! I've created a portal that could bring you there! Please hurry!"

This'll pass the player through the Newbie Island and open up an option for storyline quests to be added.

I could come up with numerous ideas for storyline quests if you'd like. Branching off this one if it's appreciated or completely starting something new since the town has been saved.

I've been gone for a while, and only recently returned, being reminded by my Anniversary. EUO has a special place in my past, and coming back to it was so refreshing. I may not be around a lot, but I want to do anything I can to help this game continue to grow strong. Then again, it's done an amazing job of that already without my help LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON. Just let me know what I can help with.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Been thinking a bit more about possible linear quests.

There could be a quest line that focuses on the threat to the lands from Shadow mobs? Possibly have the quest line include finding an old book referencing An Najaf, and searching for the lost remnants of the city? The city could become a new map, and be an "invisible" tile on the continent (similar to the Haunted Forest map) complete with shadow mobs. Eventually the player is asked to hunt down a powerful shadow lord within the City of Shadows?

Another quest line could be based on the Virtues. "There used to be many groups of knights that swore to the virtues. Alas, the only remnants that remain of any are Thantos Keep, which used to be home of the Paladin Order of Honor." This could lead the player on a series of quests searching out Virtue and the Paladins that swore to the other Virtues. Could open up new areas as well for the other Orders? Valor, Compassion, Wisdom or Justice?
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

I noticed tonight while I was running around as a werewolf, that having a "corpse (rat)" in your inventory, can't be eaten.

What if monster corpses were made edible, and acted as normal corpses for werewolves? Would be another "Yuck!" for non-werewolves, but would allow another source of food for werewolves.