Ideas thread 2019

Moderator: EUO Moderators

AlexisMagnus
I'll be going back to Tibia next week.

Re: Ideas thread 2019

Post by AlexisMagnus »

Balmung wrote: I put a lot of money and time into creating a shop that sells resources and useful items to help along newer players because of this update. It's hard though, price items too low (especially resources used in crafting) and the old, hoarding, players will buyout stock. I believe most of my sales have been to LC as it is, truthfully. /shrug
I have made use of your spleen-did stock more than once. Your effort doesn't pass unnoticed, thanks a lot for that.
(aka SirNoobs)

-- "If brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough."
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

AlexisMagnus wrote:I have made use of your spleen-did stock more than once. Your effort doesn't pass unnoticed, thanks a lot for that.
Sure thing! glad I could help!
I'll keep better tabs on my stock
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Hating on LC is old news, QQ more. :o
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Balmung wrote: I put a lot of money and time into creating a shop that sells resources and useful items to help along newer players because of this update. It's hard though, price items too low (especially resources used in crafting) and the old, hoarding, players will buyout stock. I believe most of my sales have been to LC as it is, truthfully. /shrug
Nah, I've haven't bought any newbie weapons at all. I usually buy out all good tinted weps from the salvage npc shop though.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

Not sure how I was hating, but someone spent about 15m in buying my raw resources. I'd be impressed if a group of newer players managed to muster up and spend that much money on mythic/crafting/alchemy supplies in just a few months. Whats more is all the protection scrolls, TPs, health scrolls, and other useful items remained mostly untouched. Seems to signal a higher profile player is all, and I recall LC wanting lots of resources last I saw him playing frequently.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I bought out all of someone's Cyan and green potions. They had 200 of each potion so I doubt they're out.
Tink

Post by Tink »

Balmung wrote:Not sure how I was hating, but someone spent about 15m in buying my raw resources. I'd be impressed if a group of newer players managed to muster up and spend that much money on mythic/crafting/alchemy supplies in just a few months. Whats more is all the protection scrolls, TPs, health scrolls, and other useful items remained mostly untouched. Seems to signal a higher profile player is all, and I recall LC wanting lots of resources last I saw him playing frequently.
Whining about LC is so early 2019.

There you go big guy, corrected.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Balmung wrote:Not sure how I was hating, but someone spent about 15m in buying my raw resources. I'd be impressed if a group of newer players managed to muster up and spend that much money on mythic/crafting/alchemy supplies in just a few months. Whats more is all the protection scrolls, TPs, health scrolls, and other useful items remained mostly untouched. Seems to signal a higher profile player is all, and I recall LC wanting lots of resources last I saw him playing frequently.
I don't have 15 million gp to spend LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
AlexisMagnus

Post by AlexisMagnus »

Idea for a small adjustment: what if dwarves could turn off the ability to mine mithril?

Reasons:

- Not judging if mithril is good or not, it can only be used on (dwarves) armour, so one can quickly get a lifetime supply of it and definitely not need more for a long time.
- Mining mithril means that part of the silver one would mine gets converted in (useless) mithril, which makes a pain for a dwarf to mine silver.
- Dwarves are supposed to be mining experts, so they should be able to choose if they're after mithril or silver only.
(aka SirNoobs)

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, you can mine with non-dwarf or just limit you mining to uh 60 I think and that should avoid mithril.. maybe.
ZUPS!!!!
AlexisMagnus

Post by AlexisMagnus »

Keighn wrote:Well, you can mine with non-dwarf or just limit you mining to uh 60 I think and that should avoid mithril.. maybe.
Mine with non-dwarf is the best option, surely. It just occurred to me because dwarves are meant to be the mine masters and such... and my dwarf char being the one with the most strength / weight carrying and me being a lazy ass probably counted too.
(aka SirNoobs)

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I wish pet zorn increased my mining output.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Bone Lute (or Skull or Melencholic Mandolin):
Bone Crafting 20
1 Skull,
2 bones,
1 diseased Bandage

maybe something else.. that's quite a few ingredients for a low skill item.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

When g etting an item with regular g key on a stack the option to pick up 10 items similar to how drop lets you drop 10 items. This would be AWESOME!

addendum...
increase each to 25 different items. (d rop and g et)

Sometimes when dropping all of a same item type like say maps I use the quick search in the list. The problem is I can only drop that stack and not select every stack of maps to drop.
ZUPS!!!!
Balmung
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Balmung »

Keighn wrote:...

increase each to 25 different items. (d rop and g et)

Sometimes when dropping all of a same item type like say maps I use the quick search in the list. The problem is I can only drop that stack and not select every stack of maps to drop.
This would also be a nice QoL update for cards
Tink

Post by Tink »

How about a deck case item, an array that holds 25 cards.
Can be named.
Picked up and used in the betting ring.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ability to Bind in ALL the towns (even orc desert town):
list:
All Player Merchant towns
All Housing Towns (there are some you can't like the one nearest to the eastern desert)
Maybe even bind to the Church/town near the domain (though, I don't see much housing going on in there but it looks like there's room to and for some shops).
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

EUO Death Screen

Post by Keighn »

Ok, since Gavin permed again I thought this might be cool instead of a blank screen.

and this to wake him up:
Scream 1
Scream 2
Scream 3
Female scream
Kind of muffly scream

From here
Sound Bible Free

I kinda like the first one....

God.. muffly scream... that'd wake the fuck up out of anyone esp on repeat.
ZUPS!!!!
Paru
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Paru »

I was uh sleep blinking across heroic orc town(now Pyramid of ...) cleared out everything but the heoric wisp fell asleep for less then a minute and woke up.2 lvlels to remort and bent leg runned.
AlexisMagnus

Post by AlexisMagnus »

Hi,

I was reading bugs thread about tanking stance and the message 'fighter or priest spell' , and I think that, instead of fixing the message, there could be a tweak to really allow priest weapons in some cases.

IMHO, fighter stances should be allowed when wielding a priest weapon (blessed mace) -if- the char is a priest/fighter, and applied proportionally to fighter % of the char, requiring also min skill in blessed maces.

Then I questioned myself: wouldn't this open the door for rogue/fighters or mage/fighters to ask for the same? I'd say no, because priests have common grounds with fighters, and a blessed mace is a mace, after all. Fighting styles are similar, unlike foils or staves.

Alternatively, removing blessed maces / maces skill mutual exclusivity would have a similar effect (a priest / fighter could choose to switch between maces and blessed maces when necessary, and use tanking stance when wielding a normal mace. In this case, error text would still have to be repaired).
(aka SirNoobs)