Ideas thread 2019

Moderator: EUO Moderators

newmagna
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Re: Ideas thread 2019

Post by newmagna »

re: silk: maybe silk thread could be made from carapace/bug dust, since silk irl is made from like butterflies coccoons or something
idea for new weapons: estoc(longswords skill, piercing, high damage but slow), bec de corbin(maces skill, piercing, fast but small damage), quarterstaff(polearms skill, piercing, mediium damage and speed). i just think its kinda weird so few fighter weapons do piercing damage, and all of those are polearms(iirc). which reminds me, all foils also do piercing damage right? maybe add the katana to the list.
...expanding on katanas, maybe make them an actual weapon? i know irl they are not all that, but this is a game anyway, so why not? maybe one could dual wield katanas and wakizashis, and another thing that could be added is the uhhhh horsecutter whatchamacallit, which could either a longsword or a polearm.
another new weapon: wand, for wicasters that want to cast their cast their spells faster, but at reduced damage.
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

Druid subclass Beastmaster :

polymorph will be switched to beastmastery , so instead turning into beast you just manipulate beasts.

Beasts = no demons, no shadows and no humanoid

beastmastery has spells and allows you to tame some additional beasts.

beastmastery lvl 1 : spell charm beast = turns it neutral for easy taming.

beastmastery lvl 2 : you can tame spiders and bugs now.

beastmastery lvl 3 : spell beast rage = gives pet full rage

beastmastery lvl 4 : you can tame snakes now.

beastmastery lvl 5 : spell hardened beast = gives pet 15% more def , for 60 seconds
spell resistant beast = gives pet 15% more resistance , for 60 seconds

beastmastery lvl 6: spell vampiryc beast = gives pet vampiryc attack, for 60 seconds
you can tame silversnake now.

beastmastery lvl 7:spell smart beast = gives pet 10% more int and 5% faster XP
you can tame worms now.

beastmastery lvl 8:spell make my pet grow = turns pet into 2x2 , 3x HP + 2x AS/DMG + 2x def +2x mr + 2x int + 0,75x speed ,for 60 seconds

beastmastery lvl 9:spell force evolve = no need to wait for pet lvl 25 , it will evolve with that spell but 25% chance that it dies.
you can tame nightmares now.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Considering bugs, spiders, snakes are all pests they should be tossed into the first circle. Stick gazers, reapers, sandtraps into the 2nd and maybe corpsers into 3rd.

2x2 mobs are worth 6x the xp a normal mob so I'm assuming they probably have close to 6x the hp and do considerably more damage than x2 and have far more int. Most of that is what a boss mob would have except the x3 hp which is comparable to say heroic instance. Now the hp to xp ratio might not be the same but if it is then a 2x2 mob from a beastmaster would be considerably weaker than one you encounter. Then again, we probably shouldn't have hybrid and actual 2x2 critters as per the xp data I guess.

Pet gets full rage? What does that mean? It gets pissed off all the time and just goes beserk on mobs and you can't control it?

Nightmares can already be tamed you might want to make that a Fiery Fox instead.
ZUPS!!!!
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

Rage is for special use, but atm only minotaur chieftain pet can use one, so prolly a spell that teaches one special so i thought of fixing bite special (since every animal can bite).
Yea i forgot some beasts.
UPDATE:

Druid subclass Beastmaster :

polymorph will be switched to beastmastery , so instead turning into beast you just manipulate beasts (taming skill is still needed).

Beasts = no demons, no shadows and no humanoid

beastmastery has spells and allows you to tame some additional beasts.

beastmastery lvl 1 : spell charm beast = turns it neutral for easy taming.
you can tame spiders and bugs now.

beastmastery lvl 2 : you can tame snakes now.
spell teach fixing bite = a bite that uses rage and does 1,25x damage and slows for 6 seconds.

beastmastery lvl 3 : spell beast rage = gives pet full rage
you can tame sharks now, finally a early fishing pet.

beastmastery lvl 4 : you can tame reapers and sandtraps and now.
spell speedy beast = gives pet 15% more speed , for 60 seconds

beastmastery lvl 5 : spell hardened beast = gives pet 15% more def , for 60 seconds
spell resistant beast = gives pet 15% more resistance , for 60 seconds

beastmastery lvl 6: spell vampiryc beast = gives pet vampiryc attack, for 60 seconds
you can tame silversnake and corpser now.

beastmastery lvl 7:spell smart beast = gives pet 10% more int and 5% faster XP
you can tame worms and serpents now.

beastmastery lvl 8:spell make my pet grow = turns pet into 2x2 , 3x HP + 2x AS/DMG + 2x def +2x mr + 2x int + 0,75x speed ,for 60 seconds

beastmastery lvl 9:spell force evolve = no need to wait for pet lvl 25 , it will evolve with that spell but 25% chance that it dies.
spell beast lvl cap 111 = if you have reached max lvl on your beast you can increase the cap to lvl 111 but 25% that it leaves you.
you can tame fiery fox now.
Celerion
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Celerion »

Hi guys,

checking the armoury, it seems, not many people are playing EUO these days. At times, even no one's logged in.
But: It also seems, people all over the world still really like 2D retro-gaming: I like watching the 8-Bit Guy on Youtube for example. He's partly talking about really weird retro-computing topics, but has several hundred thousand views.
I also looked for a "Gameboy Color" on ebay recently, because it has old-style 2D games like "Ghosts 'n Goblins" (and has a reasonable input device, uses standard AA batteries and unlike smartphones doesn't have online features to spy on you): And what should I say? Gameboy Colors are still quite expensive, even units that have already been in use for 20 years.
So: There still is quite a demand for nice 2D retro games - like EUO. There should be at least 1,000 people playing it all the time.

To cut a long story short: I think, there should be more advertising for EUO, especially a well produced Youtube video. There are so many "Let's play" channels, that have lots and lots of followers. Maybe talk to some of these "influencers", someone like "Nostalgia Nerd" for example.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Maybe an Interview between Max and Matt Barton would be more realistic. He is into RPGs and even had an interview with Lord British about the Ultima games.

Then again I would love to see the AVGN sh**ting on his keyboard, because of the sophisticated EUO controls layout.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Summertime so i'm out mountain biking, road biking, hiking, and working in the field. I try to get on and do get on at times. Mort have you talked or emailed Max lately? Hope he's doing well.

Check out Carl Svens ultima 3
https://ultima3.ultimacodex.com/ultima- ... boy-color/

And here via archive

https://web.archive.org/web/20170522203 ... tima3.html
ZUPS!!!!
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Keighn wrote:[..] Mort have you talked or emailed Max lately? Hope he's doing well.
Recently, he has sent me a picture of his new additions to his rock and fossils collection.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Good to hear people are healthy and ok and have varied hobbies.
ZUPS!!!!
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

Simple Idea to improve def :
def increase activated resistance.

example : you have 50 def, activate 40% electrical resistance (blue dragon meat) = 60% electrical resistance.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Bump NG humans to 500% and Non-humans to 400% these odd numbers are just a bit weird. I believe 500 & 400 are pretty solid for just about any class of any race.

Maybe since Reg can have 200% nonhumans do the same for remorted on pd as well.

If people wonder about why be humans then just change them to a flat out +25% faster xp gain and +25% faster skill gain for humans. I don't believe any of that would be game breaking now days and humans with shorter lives tend to try to learn faster anyways being what they are... opportunists.

NG needs a fix on turn undead and divine hammer. Divine hammer makes only +0 weapons and turn undead barely functions and doesn't do much damage at all.
Thrustpork
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Thrustpork »

Is is possible to compile the client for ARM Debian? I'd love to try this game on the new Raspberry Pi 4 if it's possible.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Happy Hour Dwarf in each pub so you can pay with your addy coins on hand. I honestly think paying for most of the services via addy merchants is pretty cool. (I'm assuming regular house is rather difficult and a pm issue but most others... addy coins).

I think a lot of housing tiles should be gold coins rather than addy coins. I know $$ is nice but maybe an either or for a lot of those.

At the least: ability to purchase altars at ikea. Seems you can't.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

XP Happy Hour - New!

$3 buys 1.5x XP bonus for 1 hour on the server of you choice for ALL PLAYERS!

Happy hour XP stacks with all other XP bonuses, such as dragon rations, omelettes, and first weekend of the month 2x XP weekends!

Note! Buying an XP bonus when one is active already will not go to waste: the XP bonuses queue, so the one you buy will be made active when any others run out!
I was uncertain on what a happy hour comprised of. I heard of xp tokens or something from a few players that did basically the same thing. I don't know the demographics but $3 is better than $5.

Here's my idea again for the happy hour via a dwarf drunk in the pubs across the game. Keep the one on the main page. The ones in the pub you can buy a happy hour for addy coins equivalent to $2. It randomly assigns 10-100% xp bonus or 1.1x to 2.0x. in 10% increments:
10%
20%
30%
40% etc etc.. just random.

Lasts 1 hour like the other. Roll the dice and hope for the best. I don't know the demographics atm for such a small group but sounds ok. Maybe more would be bought. I was going to suggest $1 and see if even more are bought. Sometimes that low price entices others. I know ya hate pay to win but its optional and affects EVERYONE on the server.

I heard of these xp tokens. Optionally you could still have the dwarf do the traditional $3 happy hour and maybe implement these xp tokens as well in a similar vein but... for the player who buys them only not everyone. Stackable with the rest.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Here's an odd one for the completionist and its an either or idea:

1. A server where once a mob is dead it is dead. No respawn. Doesn't work too well I guess over time as server would have to be reset.
2. An item that opens up an instance that you can save or reset. Again, once mob is dead there is NO respawn. All Spawners just spawn the once and that's it.
3. Just an instance somewhere like above for the whole game. Maybe resets once a week. One instance per alt like how all instances work.

I had a party idea but it flopped and we never got going. Maybe a clearable game would be different. You'd really have to hope you level up and grinding? Hah! Dead mobs don't make easy grinding unless you let something summon forever. (albeit there are levers that work as summons in places). Would it be possible to clear the game if nothing respawned?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Wallop with rogue melee.....

So Devil Wings recipe turns you into a devil. It'd be cool if like red bull it gave you "wings" to fly for a short while in the devil form. While we're at it.. Sky Blue pots ALL servers maybe?
ZUPS!!!!
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Suddenly

Javelin, throwing axe, darts and boomerang.

I need this so I can sleep.
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

Sleep with your eyes open, bub.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

Idea for extra load:

horse or cow type pets give 2x per pet lvl extra load capacity.
any other pet give 1x per pet lvl extra load capacity.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Hell yeah. Abut time those worthless moos and neighy nags do something.

Bunnies give... uh..... rabies? eat your carrots... oh wait that's terrible.
ZUPS!!!!