eggmceye
hello

Ideas thread 2019

Post by eggmceye »

place holder

All the previous years' ideas threads in one convenient subforum:
viewforum.php?f=19
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Ideas thread 2019

Post by Mackey »

Non-Class Skills

Weapon/armor smith - use hammer on one weapon and/or piece of armor to increase damage given (“sharpened/weighted weapon”) or decrease damage taken (polished armor) by a small amount for x amount of time

Cooking - passively increase critical hit chance due to increased knowledge of anatomy

Cartography - passive increase in gold gained on pickup by x percent

Item lore - passive buff to loot quality

Taming - “Feel Great”-like buff to pets with craftable pet treat
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Sassy sure likes her treats so they must be good. Maybe they’re Dinobytes.

Sockets in weapons, armor. I do like Mack’s fine tuning weapons. Hell, it could be a temp bonus like how good is eaten but you have to upkeep your gear with the tool to reset the bonus (it counts down).

Still hoping for wishing wells and more giant mushroom forests. Ooh and burning monsters that catch things on fire.
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

Make Str, Int, and Dex give the same amount of HP per level up.
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

CinisterD wrote:Make Str, Int, and Dex give the same amount of HP per level up.
Mackey wrote:Non-Class Skills

Weapon/armor smith - use hammer on one weapon and/or piece of armor to increase damage given (“sharpened/weighted weapon”) or decrease damage taken (polished armor) by a small amount for x amount of time

Cooking - passively increase critical hit chance due to increased knowledge of anatomy

Cartography - passive increase in gold gained on pickup by x percent

Item lore - passive buff to loot quality

Taming - “Feel Great”-like buff to pets with craftable pet treat
What a scary start into the new year :-S

1. Buff monsters too
2. no more steps for 1char with ALL classes
3. keep in mind its rpg
4. str gives only HP and MR , you want to give dex and int the same amount of HP?
Last edited by SanJorge on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

SanJorge wrote:
... 4. str gives only HP and MR , you want to give dex and int the same amount of HP?
Str gives MR?
What about Strength gives HP boost, Int gives MP boost, and then dex splits the boost between the two? This may also make dex slightly more appealing.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

I think one of the biggest problems with gameplay right now is the buffs that give a flat number to a given stat/def/mr/etc. If those were changed to % instead of a set number, it would increase their usefulness beyond level 50, which is about the dropoff point for nearly all of those types of buffs. From what I've been learning, it shouldn't be too hard to rewrite those figures. If you'd like my help, Max, please feel free to ask. I'm serious about learning more about writing code and could use the practice.
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

SanJorge wrote: 4. str gives only HP and MR , you want to give dex and int the same amount of HP?
Str also gives increased carry load. As a mage for almost ten years; carry load is huge.

Yes, I want to all classes (or stats) to have the same HP boost across the board. This helps every class, EXCEPT fighters (which HONESTLY don't need it), and helps IMMENSELY at higher levels.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Uh... no way, IMHO. I like diversity in types of characters I don’t need to see Tammy mage that’s all not having same go as my fighter. Makes no sense. Mana shield makes sense. Super dodger of even spells makes sense (yeah DBZ).

I just want players to...
ZUPS!!!!
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

CinisterD wrote:
SanJorge wrote: 4. str gives only HP and MR , you want to give dex and int the same amount of HP?
Str also gives increased carry load. As a mage for almost ten years; carry load is huge.

Yes, I want to all classes (or stats) to have the same HP boost across the board. This helps every class, EXCEPT fighters (which HONESTLY don't need it), and helps IMMENSELY at higher levels.
I think something more along the lines of int giving a bit more hp, and dex giving a bit more MR could fix some problems while also maintaining class roles/identities.
DUTCHMAN
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by DUTCHMAN »

Str gives hp (high) mr (low), carry load (which is a really big deal) and attack strength.
DUTCHMAN

Post by DUTCHMAN »

OPEN CRAFTING

I think with mastering all of the non class skills you should be able to craft whatever you want, whenever you want. I think it should be hard to do and should not just be a 2 step process. I think time and RNG luck should be the deciding factor. Here are the steps I feel would make open crafting a slow process with a big pay off

1. finding the equipment: So lets say you found or crafted a vanilla field plate and you want to turn that field plate into a crystal field plate of mr+5. Again you would have to find or craft the vanilla field plate. Then you would have to find X amount of crystal items and X amount of mr +5 items.

From here on out the X's will be 20's for this example, but this is just a number i picked off the top of my head.

2. So lets say we find the 20 crystal Items and 20 mr+5 items. you would then have to break them down into ores, so 20 crystal ores and 20 MR+5 ores.

3. you would take the 20 crystal ores and 20 mr+5 ores, and break the pieces down individually into a transmutation item (probably not a wand so to say, but for this example item is the only word I can think of). so you would need to make an crystal transmutation item and an mr+5 transmutation item.

4. you would then drop your field plate on the ground and use the transmutation items on your field plate. turning it from a vanilla field plate to a crystal field plate of mr+5

I think 20-30 is a sweet spot. because finding the items is not hard, but what could make it really hard is dependent on how high you substitute the X's for. 30-40-50 hell even 100. Though if you set it off at 100 people will probably complain because that is a ridiculous amount of items LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.

Passionate speech time: With things like diamond coins and wot/gwots, I have the ability to craft whatever I want. That type of freedom is amazing. Note that those items are limited especially diamond coins. I think its time for EUO to take the leap, and just let us make what we want minus artys. People will always get the items we want. especially people who are in clans that care for their members. This whole suggestion is a way of saying "let us get rid of delaying the inevitable." I dont mean for that to come off weird but thats how I feel.
DUTCHMAN

Post by DUTCHMAN »

Artifact Upgrade Wands

Heres something I thought about while hitting my pipe.

Lets overhaul Artys by having a process that will boggle the minds and make it neigh impossible to do.

LETS CREATE ARTIFACT UPGRADE WANDS.

1. What does it do:
Artifact upgrade wands will double all artifacts bonuses. The piece I choose for my example is a warrior band. A warrior band has +5 as +15 str and +10mr. After the AUW (artifact ugrade wand) a warrior band would have +10as +30 str +10mr. I know it sounds o.p. and maybe it sounds dumb, but please read until the names section. I have at least a really solid Idea about lore.

2. How to obtain it:
This is where it gets hard...super hard. So lets say you have a vanilla warriorband and you want to upgrade it. You would need to collect 2 more vanilla warrior bands to be able to create an A.U.W. You would break down 2 of the warrior bands to create a Vanilla Warriorband Ugrade Wand, you would leave the 3rd one alone for right now. You would then use the Van wand on to the 3rd Van Warrior band. then you would turn the warriorband into an upgraded version of itself.

3. The Drawback:
I mentioned Vanilla alot on purpose. Lets say you find 2 vanilla W.B.'s and one silver W.B. while you could make the Vanilla Upgrade wand, you could not use it on the silver one. The Artifact would have to be the same tint as the wand. Which makes this whole thing even harder to perform.

4. Names:
Just some generic names I came up with super warriorband, ANCIENT warriorband, Warriorband +.

These next names are ones that kinda made me choke up because I think this is so beautiful, Its time our lore was more known and more talked about. I want to put names before the artifact name. Like Gwynns shardcrystal (all pieces of the suit aegis, gaunts, ect). Zorgons (if I'm remembering this name this right) Staff,, FOf's hammer of fire, LordMortiferus's neck. those are just some examples, but I really think this would be amazing . This would help us remember the ones we lost along the way.

Artifacts are kinda meh this day and age of EUO. While still good items, I feel that time and higher caps on gear make Artifacts second choice to some of the other pieces of armor or weapons. If implemented they would be top tier gear, I dont think thats a bad thing. especially for the process. I mean I know some people have a ridiculous amount of stuff in their houses, but if they were to sink everything into these items they stand to lose trading power. The game is still a community after all. The most important thing to me is this. We should Honor those that came before us, How many MMOs can say they have done that. How many would every really give a damn. It would be truly amazing and maybe even original.
Last edited by DUTCHMAN on Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

I'd like to see artifacts named after older players as well.
Last edited by CinisterD on Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

1. Snipe attack ,for ranged, when in (50% at least)stealth with a ranged weapon: 100% AS boost, works with aimed special. (helps to pierce armor)

2.turn spears to javelin with starting at 40% skill , 50% for spear +1 to javelin +1 ,60% for spear +2 to javelin +2 and so on, javelin is polearm but has a range of 3 squares does the same damage as spear.
When used (single use only) you have a 30% chance to find it at targets ground.you can bind it to a key , so it will be like ammo.

3. more monsters with high def and high dex but not only for endgame.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Pilium maybe? I’ve suggested an aiming mechanic for poles before but kept with the range of 2-squares as per u4-5. Anything more and it’s missile territory.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

New combination titles
Fighter skill + Mage skill = Battlemage
Fighter skill + Monk skill = Brawler, Boxer, Samurai
Fighter skill + Priest skill = Paladin, Warrior Priest
Fighter skill + Rogue skill = Duelist, Tavern Brawler
Fighter skill + Necromancer skill = Death Knight
Fighter skill + Druid skill = Barbarian, Green Knight

Mage skill + Monk skill = Magic Fist
Mage skill + Priest skill = Sage
Mage skill + Rogue skill = Shadow Caster
Mage skill + Necromancer skill = Dark Magician
Mage skill + Druid skill = Earth Caster

Monk skill + Priest skill = Healing Hand
Monk skill + Rogue skill = Ninja
Monk skill + Necromancer = Dark Hand
Monk skill + Druid skill = Green Hand

Priest skill + Rogue skill = Shadow Priest
Priest skill + Necromancer skill = Dark Priest
Priest skill + Druid skill = Earth Priest, Shaman

Rogue skill + Necromancer skill = Shadowmancer
Rogue skill + Druid skill = Forest Bandit

Necromancer skill + Druid skill = Green Death
Tink

Post by Tink »

Sickle damage (2H) has the same damage output as the Athame.

Shouldn't the 2H hit for more? Or can you make it 1H?

Pls halp :(
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Tink wrote:Sickle damage (2H) has the same damage output as the Athame.

+1, theres no reason to use a Sickle over an Anthame.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Onyxt wrote:
Tink wrote:Sickle damage (2H) has the same damage output as the Athame.

+1, theres no reason to use a Sickle over an Anthame.
+1 Athames are the only Necro Weapon ATM being used