Ideas thread 2019

Moderator: EUO Moderators

CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: Ideas thread 2019

Post by CinisterD »

Funny how anyone who actually talks to me and engages, come to realize I make sense.

I get we bust chops, and I enjoy it too. Seriously though, we stop a lot of progress by not talking things through. All I ever need is five minutes and someone willing to listen. Some of us really want to see this game continue to evolve for the benefit of everyone.
SanJorge
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by SanJorge »

Your progress leads to this games doom ,reducing diversity and RPG mechanics. Why do new players not stay?
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

Im reducing RPG mechanics and diversity by wanting to slightly decrease the overwhelming advantage that fighters have?

If tactics becomes classless, fighters literally lose nothing at all.

Everyone agrees there are several classes simply don't have enough hp. Adding tactics (and a damage reduction) solves nearly half of the current issues with classes.

Everyone but you, apparently.
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

People leave because the game become too much of a grind-fest.

If we took sephs ideas with more xp, that solves another issue entirely.
Tink

Post by Tink »

I like how Cin is level headed, and Dodge boi is slinging shade with baseless claims.

Best idea, everyone reroll fighters, GG.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

And note: egg has simplified and tried to make grinding less be it skills or w/e. I mean I’ve been playing some reg server and noticed the difference is HUGE compared to when I stopped playing reg in oh 2006-7 I think. (Can’t recall after back surgery in 2008 I started monkey grinding on pd).

As to me backstabbing or attacking... psh. Somethings being easier is better. I know some rpgs and tactical games that are so god damn complex you'd wish for an accounting job old school style rather than play them.

I don't mind new classes but if you must be honest, some classes need to be fine tuned. I mean its easy to pop onto say alpha or any server where you got phat lewt and shit and play the class. Its a damn different thing to play LOTL (yes so you can't grab other loot and share shit) and play the character class straight through then try multi-classing. And currently you can multi-class to high heaven even with the extra % given to humans to non-humans.

How many play without grinding combt skills in an arena or spamming spells? Do you just play through from start to next? I'll eventually get to trying play euo without going to quests and shit I know. I will go through looking and talking to everything so that maybe I can find something that doesn't click or is a bug (going to be hard as many of the long time players had went through with such a fine toothed comb I'd be hard pressed to find something wrong or out of sorts (remember various people made the maps).

I suppose you could apply demographics to who plays this game and who doesn't? What's hot and what isn't. I can't keep up with all the main stream games online or offline be they mmo or something else. And then take into account all the indies. And that's just rpgs. What's HAWT and whats NOT today? I dunno. I can say there are people who get bored fast with grinding. Some get bored fast with puzzles. For the time being this game is online and accessible and more to the point FREE. And this game can be played solo, in teams, and has many features added and seems to change.

Now what about old features or ideas that were in that are NOT now: (are there many? are they worth even mentioning).
Collapsible mines
Mini games (like that one from Escape from Brownthorne's dungeon (which I'm surprised there isn't a quest or situation where there is a Brownthorne's Dungeon again you get caught in.

I haven't played through Necromancer, Bard, Druid from newb to finish. I haven't even begun to see the multi-class potential.

I have noticed dodging fireballs. Pretty kewl. I'd still like to see some sort of bracers as shields for monks to block. They get pretty hammered at times. Rogues can as well and I'm not sure a swashbuckler/pirate with (fighter/rogue) can block and dodge. Mages are still pretty squishy though I've witnessed necromancers in areas I'm surprised and survive quite well (so its dependent on the player there). Dunno about the rest.
ZUPS!!!!
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Keighn wrote:And note: egg has simplified and tried to make grinding less be it skills or w/e. I mean I’ve been playing some reg server and noticed the difference is HUGE compared to when I stopped playing reg in oh 2006-7 I think. (Can’t recall after back surgery in 2008 I started monkey grinding on pd).
This is an area that has been MUCH improved. Unfortunately item grinding has gotten worse.
Keighn wrote: As to me backstabbing or attacking... psh. Somethings being easier is better. I know some rpgs and tactical games that are so god damn complex you'd wish for an accounting job old school style rather than play them.
A lot of the mechanics are opaque or guesswork, which makes it annoying if you do want to do spreadsheets. But yeah, simple is better.
Keighn wrote: I don't mind new classes but if you must be honest, some classes need to be fine tuned. I mean its easy to pop onto say alpha or any server where you got phat lewt and shit and play the class. Its a damn different thing to play LOTL (yes so you can't grab other loot and share shit) and play the character class straight through then try multi-classing. And currently you can multi-class to high heaven even with the extra % given to humans to non-humans.

How many play without grinding combt skills in an arena or spamming spells? Do you just play through from start to next? I'll eventually get to trying play euo without going to quests and shit I know. I will go through looking and talking to everything so that maybe I can find something that doesn't click or is a bug (going to be hard as many of the long time players had went through with such a fine toothed comb I'd be hard pressed to find something wrong or out of sorts (remember various people made the maps).
Yep, definitely. Druids and Bards are still a bit rough. Total newbie Soonjuk had like 4 class skills at lvl 19. I suggested he trim all his non-rogue skills so that he could get the various rogue specials at higher skill level - turns out that he was actually playing Druid, but his highest skill was security because of all the chests that he opened - and the fact that he didn't know the Druid Grove existed.

Perhaps the Druid Grove should be moved closer to Nord, or perhaps newbie druid characters should start at the Grove instead of Nord?
Keighn wrote: Now what about old features or ideas that were in that are NOT now: (are there many? are they worth even mentioning).
Collapsible mines
Mini games (like that one from Escape from Brownthorne's dungeon (which I'm surprised there isn't a quest or situation where there is a Brownthorne's Dungeon again you get caught in.
More minigames would be fun. Extend Skullthorpes Keep to harder and harder mobs, and put up a scoreboard for who can survive the longest. What is Escape from Brownthornes?
Keighn wrote: I haven't played through Necromancer, Bard, Druid from newb to finish. I haven't even begun to see the multi-class potential.

I have noticed dodging fireballs. Pretty kewl. I'd still like to see some sort of bracers as shields for monks to block. They get pretty hammered at times. Rogues can as well and I'm not sure a swashbuckler/pirate with (fighter/rogue) can block and dodge. Mages are still pretty squishy though I've witnessed necromancers in areas I'm surprised and survive quite well (so its dependent on the player there). Dunno about the rest.
Necromancers are the tankiest mage class - with their hp bonus and vampy AOE attacks.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

Now that I think about it, isn't tanking stance a little ridiculous? 2x health on already the tankiest build. My fighter alt was able to solo a blood wyvern at level 50, using only a few potions. All thanks to tanking stance, shield bash spam, and cleave. That simply shouldn't be possible. On a lower hp class, it wouldn't be as ridiculous. Maybe instead rework tanking stance, call it 'dodge stance' or something, and give it to rogues.

Also, thunderclap + wallop is insane. I've seen fighters stunlock entire crowds of mobs until death, while shooting VOG at 5x the rate of a mage thanks to enchanted weapons.
dirtyking
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by dirtyking »

You guys are looking at it all wrong, it’s a good thing , we need more synergy , how am I ganna ever get egg to let me fill a map with sl, bl, if we don’t have the skills to beat them, don’t change tank stance , add double cast mage stance n doge n auto hide rogue stance n a new monk special attack , add more variety n combination like the higher class cap opened up
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

LaughingCoyote wrote:
Keighn wrote:And note: egg has simplified and tried to make grinding less be it skills or w/e. I mean I’ve been playing some reg server and noticed the difference is HUGE compared to when I stopped playing reg in oh 2006-7 I think. (Can’t recall after back surgery in 2008 I started monkey grinding on pd).
This is an area that has been MUCH improved. Unfortunately item grinding has gotten worse.
I agree on both points. We've come a long way for sure. Thats why id like to see continued progress.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

A map back to back of them? Honestly, most maps are too grindy as is but that’s what it is. Some instances come close.

Cap'n Hippo Says ZOWIE!!

I had thought about modifying the minotaur and making a rather rare hybrid you don't hear about, the Ipotane

We have a horse so its just a little moving its head over and recoloring the bugger.

Crap, the fire lizards are now space bound.
They're smarter than we thought.
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Remove the instanced part of Blood Moor and make it one continuous map. Then add in a heroic version.
dirtyking
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by dirtyking »

Onyxt wrote:Remove the instanced part of Blood Moor and make it one continuous map. Then add in a heroic version.
Think we could handle epic too?
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

dirtyking wrote:
Onyxt wrote:Remove the instanced part of Blood Moor and make it one continuous map. Then add in a heroic version.
Theres epic bloods in Desolate North in Apoc Sosaria, I havent really fought any solo but I'm sure epic could be handled just fine in a party. I bet the Queen fight would be kind of annoying but manageable.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Onyxt wrote:
dirtyking wrote:
Theres epic bloods in Desolate North in Apoc Sosaria, I havent really fought any solo but I'm sure epic could be handled just fine in a party. I bet the Queen fight would be kind of annoying but manageable.
Epic Blood Queen sounds like a fun fight, need a good one after Epic Titan
Tink

Post by Tink »

Too bad epic loot drops will leave you pulling your hair out. :cry:
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Tink wrote:Too bad epic loot drops will leave you pulling your hair out. :cry:
For sure. Every time I’ve had trouble with a boss, the drop has been complete garbage. Better off cheesing
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

Do you mean high end items are too hard to come by?

Do you mean if we had say, an item, that could help us make end game gear, the game would be more playable?

If only, through normal in game means, we could access an item. Maybe a wand, to help us tint gear.

Or maybe, just MAYBE, if we would enchant weapons.

Gee, its like people are slowly realizing my ideas are pretty good. Like it would benefit the entire community.

Crazy, right?

Tired of being nice and getting ignored. Going full tryhard now. Getting updates, or getting banned. It's been real, fellas.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

CinisterD wrote:Getting updates, or getting banned. It's been real, fellas.
OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN :ymca:
DUTCHMAN
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by DUTCHMAN »

CinisterD wrote:Do you mean high end items are too hard to come by?

Do you mean if we had say, an item, that could help us make end game gear, the game would be more playable?

If only, through normal in game means, we could access an item. Maybe a wand, to help us tint gear.

Or maybe, just MAYBE, if we would enchant weapons.

Gee, its like people are slowly realizing my ideas are pretty good. Like it would benefit the entire community.

Crazy, right?

NAH, that would involve doing something more than simple
-MGMT