Ideas Thread 2018

Moderator: EUO Moderators

MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Ideas Thread 2017 / 2018

Post by MoonGoat »

Dual wielding should alternate the weapon attacks to make it feel faster. Double attack speed but only one weapon hits each time.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Onyxt
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Onyxt »

Cash shoppe items. Codex of a Shadowy Dimension and Codes of a Bloody Dimension. Useable in dungeons to open an instance portal to a shadow or blood version of that map.
Roopert
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Roopert »

eggmceye wrote:nominate 3 things (that I agree with) that would help mages late game and I'll add them, and whiny mages can go back under their rock for another 10 years. also read this thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5356 - it has excellent class analysis

I haven't seen many real ideas posted for them that would actually help mages exclusively. any idea that helps all classes (eg hp gain, bone items, more players!) does not help mages (in the event there is even more content added).

faster casting will not help mages later on: doesn't fix squishiness and also makes them even faster clear early.

the closest I've seen to viable nuggets of ideas
* reduce heroic+ mr
* improve mr cleave
* a spell or two that scales better
* increase mage hp somehow (w/o the 50 levels thingy)

ps: gut feeling is rogues need more attention than mages
Im thinking that a better scaling spell that is an AoE like Hail of Bones would be awesome. Increasing the mage HP would be extremely helpful, although even with the bone item buffs my mage is lacking. I was wondering if an improved casting speed would help out as well.

My level 86 fighter can handle things that Sam at level 230+ has trouble with. And thats with every trick I can think of, not just VoG/XC spam.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Did we ever get manashield? (I can’t recall)

Anti-magic shell where opposing magic is reduced to cancelled out (long cool down though)

Reflect spell on any damage. Be it 1/3, 1/2, 3/4 or full damage reflected. (You still take your resisted damage but the reflected is what the mob shot at you. Mamma balron shoot an bolt at you for 1k then one of the fractions mentioned gets shot back at it. If your mr almost negates the damage well that’s great and maybe mama will realize she shouldn’t be so bitchy blasting all the time.

Summons that have to be dismissed that level up. Simply create a dismiss 1 and dismiss all spell.

Summons that keep aggression NO MATTER WHAT! (Well, until they die)

Stronger summons when cast by huger epic int.

Chain casting or spell-combining. Mages research to cast and utilize magic better than anyone. Magic is their blood. They will experiment to create new Magic’s if they can. Would it be surprising to see a top tier mage create a cog where every target hit exploded like the priest flame strike. How many spells chained together and at what levels???

Should you dual class tone such an epic mage? Or stay pure?

Magic familiars that amplify your casting, life, resistances, and treasure finds.

Dark/light rituals.
Pacts with unknown beings that amplify the mage in some way.

I dunno what fast cast get is (elaborate?). (No cooldoens?)

Mages in many games become the multi-mob mega artillery that may or may not have mega magical defense.
Comet
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Comet »

I like playing a hit and run style, and I came up with this really nice technique that I use on my Rogue Mage all the time. Believe it or not it uses summon dragon and summon spider. Basically, I invis/stealth next to my summon and let it get within range. Since mob attacks have a cooldown time, once the mob targets my summoned bait, it gives me a short window of opportunity where I can attack and then run away/hide before it can cast again. Great for luring, and makes killing mobs that could otherwise one shot me a piece of cake, as long as they don't have AOEs.

The above isn't 100% applicable to pure mages, since they can't backstab, but I was thinking mages could mitigate their low HP by having summons tank for them, like mirror images does for monks. Maybe a summon that casts battle roar and has as much HP as mage's int. Have it so that while the summon is tanking, if both it and the mage are hit by an AOE, only the summon is affected. Can justify by saying the summon is a spirit animal or projection of something, so they aren't separate entities. Probably won't be as effective as a mana shield, but I thought it was interesting.

On the offensive side, a reliable way to do DoT would be great against single mobs with tons of hp. Giving mages MR cleave as a spell would help incredibly, especially if IJO is fixed for heroic mobs (it's stuck doing low damage regardless of target mana). That means mages could finally take out heroic balrons, instead of slowly XCing them to death. Similar to the magic chaining idea, I was thinking about magic special attacks, where you can charge spells for more power.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Let us buy diamond coins with crystal coins. 30:1 ratio. It'd give newer players a means to get some tint wands or the house items.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

There are house items that cost Diamond Coins?
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Keighn wrote:There are house items that cost Diamond Coins?
:uhh:
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Keighn wrote: Necromancers Mages in many games become the multi-mob mega artillery that may or may don't have mega magical defense.
FTFY.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

show images of sigils on armoury.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

I opened 87 lvl 15 maps and a few lvl 13,14 map and i got only 4 WoT, like 12 +9s , no enchants , no artifact.
So Idea to improve cartography , lvl 15 map may contain lvl 16 map and lvl 16 map is heroic and has chest guard wich is a shadow monster,
Arty rate of lvl 16 map should be very high.
Roopert

Post by Roopert »

All I want is a vamp one of these:
http://ultima.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Axe

:P

If this was introduced I may have to stop making alts. No promises though.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Roop, if you’re like me.......nah!!! You wouldn’t stop.
ZUPS!!!!
Roopert

Post by Roopert »

Keighn wrote:Roop, if you’re like me.......nah!!! You wouldn’t stop.
Who am I kidding, I made two more alts this week
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

Some reward in hunting in Sagittarius garden , maybe a boss at a random place deep in there with a high arty drop chance.

Maybe Drachentrog too .

PS: It could be a gold dragon it uses VF, heal self,summon dragon , high def, high int or a copper dragon it uses VF , strong fast melee and high dex stat.
DrRude
Good morning, Captain.

Post by DrRude »

Update Character on Alpha -- Add an item to the shoppe where we can pay to have a character from Reg server used to update that same character on Alpha.

Billboard for Balrog -- Although anyone can start a card game at any time, some of us have been curious about the game and wanting to watch a card game in action. The idea behind Billboard (whether ingame or on the website) is to allow for players to announce a game so other players to watch or hang out to have next game.

EDIT 09/08/18: Forget I mentioned that first idea -- it had been a thousand years since I logged into the Armoury and looked at character profiles. X-D
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

Azalynn wrote:Make bows for all classessss thatd be dope.
In that case Rogue would lose another skill, but if they could get a new one : Throwing weapons

3 types of throwing weapons :
-Needle (boost poison)
-Dart (boost accuracy wich makes it harder to dodge and higher crit. chance)
-Shuriken (boost damage)

2 specials :
- triple throw (3 at one target) 50% rage
- deadly aim ( you use triple dex, increases crit. chance) 100% rage
Tink

Post by Tink »

Throwing, and the dex discussion about running on the water makes me think of a ninja.
Would be a cool subclass honestly, make it have skill shots like Hydra form for druids. That could be neat actually, next gen class design!
Smoke bomb! Could be an AOE, like everything in the smoke bomb aoe that gets hit with skill shots can proc a poison AOE.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

So we had a discussion before with adding up to attack +10 and +40 stats and i want to revisit the idea.

I think this isnt too much or overpowered really but maybe having them drop from a specific area. (and/or epic maps)

The idea comes from Oblivion and the arena there. The arena could be separated or different by difficulty and just waves of enemies come while you're in an arena. The idea is simple, kill the wave, you move on to wave 2. Every 5 stages a mini boss, hits hard, slightly overtuned, and if you win, your cache at the end of your run is upgraded. This could help players get gear at all skill levels and player levels. Once you get to wave like 50 or something, thats when its barely or nearly impossible due to the scaling of the mobs. The longer you survive, the better gear that comes out of it. It would be a way to have those really high items be put into the game!

For parties it could be the same system but the enemies scale harder so the mobs have 25% more health per party member and then the same scaling over time up to the near impossible mark.

I feel like this would be a great way to create some sort of strategy and teamwork to get the best gear in the game! I would love to have a real challenge towards the end to where even our level 1k pd characters struggle to make the cut.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Also want to mention the idea of progress past level 1k on PD. I love my 1ks, i would play them all of the time if i felt like i was getting somewhere. They both have maxed out gear and level. This is where the idea of the paragon type levels come in but no more stat gain, but skill cap level increase! It could still top out at 100% more stat cap or something but i think it would be really cool to look into. Ive always wanted to be a fighter/necro/monk/priest. haha This system could also be used for characters that are 500+ on regular!

Thing about it is, the character as long as you have accepted the addy stone and didnt drop it,bank it, etc, cannot die. After you hit 1k your job really is to grind out max gear which should not take you long to throw together due to your last 999 levels of grinding and powerleveling others. There really is nothing else to go for other than a pat on the back and a participation ribbon and i think we could think of something to spice it up.

ideas?
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL