Ideas Thread 2018

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Re: Ideas Thread 2017 / 2018

Post by Tink »

I'd like to see Diamond coins xferred to other servers via delivery bot.
Note: I dont think this is very fair, since not everyone has spare coins.

Or maybe Tint wands drop on NG (super rare of course, less than an addy fishing rod).
I dont suspect NG will always have the playerbase it has right now, so this might help.

Glass items WoTable (I feel like glass is inferior to bone gear, so why not allow it).

Just a few things to help NG along, since it's getting some love right now.

Also repost from 2017, paragon levels for Reg/PD! This would not punish players who dont like alts, and allow them to get a little stronger forever. Maybe instead of adding raw stats, paragon levels could start adding like 0.1 chance to crit etc. Make them essentially line up with levels AFTER 500, so they will require a lot of exp.

Another repost from 2017, Rift system similar to Diablo / PoE. Random dungeon, kill mobs to build a status bar, once you cap the bar a boss spawns, lewt.
From there create "greater" rifts or heroic/epic same idea but timed, have a leader board for us to whine about (fastest times, highest modifier completed).

I feel like those two features would create a lot of replayable content, which would be nice. And they can vary from Lower levels to Higher levels. Could also make it require keys or unique items through regular hunting to open rifts, so people couldn't sit there and spam them over and over. Would make for a new kind of currency trade, keys for gold/items etc.

Necros feel really good right now, these are a few things I'd like to see for them.
-Drop the CD on HoB to 5 seconds (so its avail each pack of mobs)
-Lower cast CD on necros, or have copper/oak effect it)
-Hexblades base damage feels kind of low, I was hitting for 30 points more damage than Seph who is 100 levels behind me, or maybe 200). Also there isn't much damage variation between the blade types, I found the scythe being a 2h hit for the same amount as a LS (Athame).
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

A sign with fastests clears for hero epic instances.
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

Tink wrote: Glass items WoTable (I feel like glass is inferior to bone gear, so why not allow it).

Necros feel really good right now, these are a few things I'd like to see for them.
-Hexblades base damage feels kind of low, I was hitting for 30 points more damage than Seph who is 100 levels behind me, or maybe 200). Also there isn't much damage variation between the blade types, I found the scythe being a 2h hit for the same amount as a LS (Athame).
1) Cause you can transmute glass weps to addy, which would circumvent the addy limitation. Sure, at cost of 1 mythic material and 30 crystal coins for the transmuter is a good cost, but w/e.
2) Yeah, I have found no reason to use scythes atm.
Last edited by LaughingCoyote on Wed May 02, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

bring back mines from mining. shit was fun and entertaining while bored. (and a good way to get gems for LoTL. we all know how much you love them)
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
LaughingCoyote
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by LaughingCoyote »

EmoMage wrote:bring back mines from mining. shit was fun and entertaining while bored. (and a good way to get gems for LoTL. we all know how much you love them)
Why was it taken out in the first place? No one seems to know.
Hecate wrote: I feel even more evil than ever, milking cows before killing them.
eggmceye wrote:pretty cool having vigour put in the manual after 14 years X-D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

i'm not even sure what having 3 or 4 hexblade types achieves anyway - esp since you don't seem to get the backstab/flurry etc, right? seems a bit half done

also not sure why mines were removed ... u know you can dig in the random caveset? but I don't think any gems spawn. I got a feeling they removed because they felt half done or bit sloppy - unlike everything else :roll:
Tink

Post by Tink »

Different types so there's more of a chance to find something necro can use. Imagine only being able to use a longsword.
(Even though they are totes meta).
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Just go scythe for badassery effect :p
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

can blueprints/BR tools be the same as skill scrolls? ie, even though it's soulbound, it can be dropped in your house for any alt to pick up?
eggmceye wrote:

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Scythes are RP kewlness. Did the GrimReaper artifact ever get the ability to be turned into a hex blade? (Sickle). Failed when I tried years ago.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:i'm not even sure what having 3 or 4 hexblade types achieves anyway - esp since you don't seem to get the backstab/flurry etc, right? seems a bit half done

also not sure why mines were removed ... u know you can dig in the random caveset? but I don't think any gems spawn. I got a feeling they removed because they felt half done or bit sloppy - unlike everything else :roll:
If someone was creative enough they could make a build that switches back and forth between hexblade and the normal weapon type (switch to longsword to tank, or back to rondel to backstab, back to hexblade to cast spells, etc).

You can dig in the weekly/monthly dungeon iirc.
IGN: 1
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

add emoji's to chat!!!!
eggmceye wrote:

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

EmoMage wrote:add emoji's to chat!!!!
Fuck no. Step up your ascii game instead <(^@^)>
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

(<3.<3) just doesn't do justice.
eggmceye wrote:

1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Ideas for turning the PVP server into a Battle Royale/Deathmatch/Survival server:
-Use the weekly island map without the dungeon, merchants, or crystal coin shop.
-Short matches (less than an hour), when match is over the next one starts on the hour.
-Have a lobby system before the match starts so everyone can join at the exact same time.
-People who join later can either participate or spectate (not sure if this would cause problems).
-When you logout, your character becomes a killable npc (this prevents logging out when in trouble but being able to login to resume if you get disconnected).
-Carry weight remains at 25, this prevents being able to pick up every single thing found.
-No mani, yellow potions extremely rare, bandages semi-common.
-Items are in chests around the map and maybe some searchable tiles inside of the town.
-Tomes will teach spells and special moves that players spells that they can use right away, no need to train skills.
-Maybe a simple crafting system, not sure.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

eggmceye wrote:i'm not even sure what having 3 or 4 hexblade types achieves anyway - esp since you don't seem to get the backstab/flurry etc, right? seems a bit half done

Allow any weapon from pole arms,longswords, shortswords, and foils to become a hexblade?
Roopert
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Roopert »

I think something that would be really cool is a couple different ranged weapons I was thinking about. In U5 you could get a magic axe that returns when thrown. My biggest concern playing someone that mains ranged weapons is the huge chunk of my inventory space taken up by carrying ammo (less of a concern at higher levels when you have a bigger inventory).

Kind of on the same lines I was thinking of throwing daggers, and if we go on the no ammo thing maybe something like a boomerang. The magic axe from U5 would be awesome I think (and those green trolls already use something similar)

Just something I was thinking about playing my new ranged character.

What does everyone think?
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

fuck yes. bows blow right now. i'd totes use a throwing axe or boomerang
eggmceye wrote:

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Hand grenades.
ZUPS!!!!
SanJorge

Post by SanJorge »

Harp,Lyra and Flute items maybe like rune and rod (harp could be 2h, so maybe for housing only) , for offhand gear.

They could give some minor XJ , clone and confusion resistances too . (for owner only for now).