Ideas thread 2016

Moderator: EUO Moderators

eggmceye
hello

Re: Ideas thread 2016

Post by eggmceye »

EmoMage wrote:so you want us to have some trouble? we dual class for a reason dude. you're always complaining about something. i say we nerf or get rid of you. you always the first to say "this" is too strong or "that" is way OP. GTFO with that bull shit. mani is fine. :getout:
I don't think he was actually wanting to nerf mani, read more carefully :fp:
Rumper
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Rumper »

eggmceye wrote:yeh I can't see mani getting nerfed, it wouldn't make the game more fun for anyone
it's one of those things that if it's overpowered, who cares, everyone has it, why make everyone's life harder?
I forgot all about this obvious fact :p
If you don't like mani, then don't use it at all :D
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

funness is pretty important
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

-Add glass chainmail, chain coif, chain gloves, chain boots, and chain leggings to glass merchant in apoc. new sosaria.

-Add circle 1, 2, 3 direct damage spells for necromancer. They could be clones of AM, GP, VAM (maybe called XAM, XGP, XVAM) maybe with a small hp return, high mana cost, and longer cooldown.

-With 100 stealth and skill points in fighter, wearing medium armor makes going stealth fail seemingly about half the time. Should it work 100% of time like with UA/Light?
IGN: 1
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

Buff bow attack speeds. It could be a minor buff... they just seem so slow at the moment and not nearly as useful.
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Sumter wrote:Buff bow attack speeds. It could be a minor buff... they just seem so slow at the moment and not nearly as useful.
I think they were slowed down to buff damage. Something about slower weapons doing more damage iirc. Everything but the sling is pretty slow atm.

I think a good option would be different shooting styles like fighter stances: Quickfire = 50% faster, 50% less damage and Focused Fire = 25% slower, 25% more damage.

This way the damage isn't nerfed for those people that use the "F to fire" thing that was added from EftV.
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

Also... lets let enchanted weapons scale with level or main stat. I want my blackrock rondel OG to be OP :cool: ...or atleast useful
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Have mobs aggro transfer to other mobs.

For example if I lure out one mob from the pack, nothing happens. Then when I start hitting it the other mobs that are part of the spawn point also start attacking me :)
Make a small chance for a chain reaction to even other group spawns aggro you xD
I look forward to blood wyvern hordes chasing you on PD.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Make the 1st circle priest spell Uus Ylem (bless weapon) bless/unbless the mace item. Similar to the hexblade spell for necromancers. That way if you decide you don't want to be a priest you can use the spell and become a fighter and not lose some enchanted or artifact mace (or high tint) to just being a priest mace).

Since divine hammer already binds to the player there's no problem there. While we're at it, why not a siimilar spell to divine hammer for the necromancers on the same scaling for their hexblade? Circle 7 spell.
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

cursed scrolls of uncurse will unbless the mace.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

-90 enchanting - Magic Equipment Oil (brilliant red shard, brilliant blue shard, clear potion, essence of magic) Use on an plain weapon/armor/shield and it gives a random highest enchantment as if dipped into a fountain (slaying +3, defense +3, MR/NV +3, vig/str/dex/int +15).

This can take a step closer to bringing back old enchanting without being completely overpowered.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

90 enchanting - Magic Equipment Oil (brilliant red shard, brilliant blue shard, clear potion, essence of magic) Use on an plain weapon/armor/shield and it gives a random highest enchantment as if dipped into a fountain (slaying +3, defense +3, MR/NV +3, vig/str/dex/int +15).

This can take a step closer to bringing back old enchanting without being completely overpowered.
man you forgot we have oil from cooking to add to the ingredients. Add that in there. And yeah, I wouldn't even care if it was 100% enchanting.

Here's a little change: based on this: Norse Dwarf Mythology
90 or 100% Enchanting:

Sacred Cruor of Kurzmord'ar
Oil
Brilliant red Shard
Brillaint blue shard
essence of magic
Blessed Golem Power Crystal
Ash
Clear Potion
Skull Dust
spores (mushrooms)

Just to add some more ancient dwarven lore. I would have said Dirt instead of skull dust but we don't have earth we can just dig up.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Keighn wrote:Sacred Cruor of Kurzmord'ar
Oil
Brilliant red Shard
Brillaint blue shard
essence of magic
Blessed Golem Power Crystal
Ash
Clear Potion
Skull Dust
spores (mushrooms)
Looks pretty good to me, although I'm not the biggest fan of pulling ingredients from several different crafting skills. Funny you mention dwarves, was talking to someone about race lore and how dwarves and gnomes in EUO aren't quite the type you see in most games.

I gave another shot at three different recipes that fit well into enchanting. Would give a new player a chance to upgrade equipment, level enchanting, and get a feeling that enchanting is helping them improve their own gear (as an alternative to relying on drops).

20 Enchanting - Magic Equipment Polish (random +1 slaying/def/mr/nv or +5 stat/vig) - clear potion, dim red shard, dim blue shard

50 Enchanting - Improved Equipment Pollish (random +2 slaying/def/mr/nv or +10 stat/vig) - clear potion, bright red shard, bright blue shard, heart, glowing ember, hydra fang, magic spleen

90 or 100 enchanting - Greater Equipment Polish (random +3 slaying/def/mr/nv or +15 stat/vig) - clear potion, brilliant red shard, brilliant blue shard, essence of rage, essence of fire, essence of lighting, essence of magic
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Those look solid to me. I totally forgot about polish. I used to have a magic item list in D&D that listed a variety of ointments, polish, rubs, potions, philters, etc.

While not able to WOT cross tints, I sometimes wish the amplify wand would work on a few other tints. Its funny how valuable some lesser items can be when compared to say +9 when all you want to do is put VF on one.

Hope someday for something similar to vermillion for lightning, ice, and maybe some new types of enchants (nothing too grand).

I'd like to see armour trigger enchants. ie enchanted field plate of OG (chance to trigger the spell back).

I mentioned dragon armours long ago for resistance vs elements and such thinking those would be great craftables but I'm not opposed to elemental reistant armours.

Glass shields on block (reflects back spell or attack)
Venom shields poison enemy (actually thinking on glass venomous armour period)
Spiked shields that block have a chance to harm enemy.

I generally like spiked shields and shield bash but also wish that shield could be used as an attack weapon itself (thinking back in ultima 5). The same for a new class idea with spiked helmets for a Barbarian or gladiator class.

I enjoy games where I can make a Captain America alt and just bash away with my shield. (some it seems you have to do a lot of punching before you can shield bash though).
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Lottery system where players can input any item of their choice and in return receive anything of equal value someone else put in at random.

For example I put in a larbys + 8 and someone else a main gauche +8. The I get main gauche +8 and that somebody gets the labrys +8.

Maybe add in a lil' twist for hilarity :p

Monk OP optimisation plan:
If you have got an vf enchanted weapon or gloves and with any elemental aspect on a the same time. Make it when both enchants activate for a small damage boost.
E.g. I hit with gloves (vf) and yeti aspect then 4 scenarios are possible:
1) Normal hit/miss
2) vf activates
3) yeti aspect activates
4) Both activate.
Then I would like in the 4th case an extra damage boost or extra status effect.
So far we have 3 elemental aspect. Then each one will have a different effect when the 4th case happens.
Hydra + vf = Cleaved or wounded
Drake + vf = Bigger blast
Yeti + vf = AEP
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

ImageBRUTAL EUO!!!!Image

ImageImage
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Make F1-F12 keys override chat input.

So today I made a big mistake of pressing enter accidentally during combat which brought me to chat input. Once in chat input, ofcourse none of my bound keys worked.
I have a couple of emergency abilities/items/scrolls bound to my F-keys. But they too didn't work cause I was in chat. So that means no invis/Phase shift/mirror images/stoneform/pots or the like.

Greetings Nechtan
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Rumper wrote: Make F1-F12 keys override chat input.

So today I made a big mistake of pressing enter accidentally during combat which brought me to chat input. Once in chat input, ofcourse none of my bound keys worked.
I have a couple of emergency abilities/items/scrolls bound to my F-keys. But they too didn't work cause I was in chat. So that means no invis/Phase shift/mirror images/stoneform/pots or the like.
Sounds like a good idea! Maybe even an option to disable chat completely if any hostiles are in view?
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Make taunt useful by giving the next melee hit x2.5 damage or something. Could do something similar with charge. Would give fighters some more varied fighting techniques.
Rumper

Post by Rumper »

Loot pet! Or spell that you can teach your pet so it will pick up loot xD