Ideas thread 2016

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2016

Post by Keighn »

My only complaint wad HOB and corpse explosion are pretty laggy. Maybe thats not the case on faster nets.
ZUPS!!!!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

People talking about bows being crappy. My suggestions.

1. Increase ROF (speed rate of fire) to a little faster.
2. Change point blank range to just "head shot" but same effect and make it ranged not adjacent. Who the fuck charges rage then runs into a mass of mobs for just one special.
3. A hidden sniper ranged attack similar to backstab but perhaps a little lower multiplier.
4. Allow blind for ranged attack.

5. Slightly separate. Lower or nix the blindness cooldown. Monks sleeping fist has vitually no cooldown and blindness doesnt leave them blind too long. It annoyed me enough to rarely use it.

Rage, runed, half orcs. Make sure these work for all weapons and classes. I kept hearing conflicting messages about it not working correctly.

Priests need another special attack perhaps a 50% one. Maybe akin to the aimed attack for bows but melee. Instead of bleed it slows. Stunning strike maybe.
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Buff bows, ban all necros and scrap the class.
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

Give people a real reason to go skelly, make them immune to XC, it only makes sense!
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Azalynn
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Azalynn »

We need bone belts that can be enchanted to regen!
Regular
Thrall

PD
Thrall
Azalynn
Zyth
Tyrande
Azmodan
Elias
Az
Ass - LOTL
Zyth - LOTL
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Create a turn-based euo with parties. Or a retro ultima euo style. I guess im pretty damn nostolgic about old versions. Theres obviously things in the first 5 ultimas never utilized in euo but theres things way ahead as well.

Looking at the top ultima wiki sites (esp the one that lists projects) a lot seem to disappear from no developement.

Guess i need to find that morrowwind or just buy skyrim. Will that even work on my laptop?
Shino
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Shino »

Keighn wrote:Create a turn-based euo with parties. Or a retro ultima euo style. I guess im pretty damn nostolgic about old versions. Theres obviously things in the first 5 ultimas never utilized in euo but theres things way ahead as well.

Looking at the top ultima wiki sites (esp the one that lists projects) a lot seem to disappear from no developement.

Guess i need to find that morrowwind or just buy skyrim. Will that even work on my laptop?
im playing skyrim on my laptop. i5 cpu and integrated intel 5500series gpu with 4gb ram
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I have old I3 i hear, some games dont run so well on the i3. Maybe when i build capital ill get an i7 or something. I think ill tinker with some stuff in line of this style in euo and others.

What can i say but i enjoy the art style up to 64x64 though i enjoy 8x8, 16x16 and 32x32.

Ive started tinkering again with mappy and may go to tiled next. Euos maped is of course also played with but mostly drawing stuff from old games.

I do plan to try and complete my notetaking of euo npcs, signs, and events along with figuring all quests, eggs, and ears. Grinding can be addictive but after a while in any game the grindstone doesnt sharpen the dagger of the mind.
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

Is this thread still going?
It's my first time posting actually...
In any case how about implementing:
-An elf race: high dex, vig and always sped up? of with a greater load capacity? I feel they should be light on their feet and fast, but Tolkien-esque elves are supposedly good with magic or something.
-A paladin class: Focus on individual opponents, buffing and debuffing(blessing and cursing), bonus to party members like D&D auras. Temporary weapon buffs. Weapon skill should be holy(?) spears/swords
-New spells like:
Teleport(VEP, telepots to any place you have already been to/mapped with appropriate coordinates),
Fear(XWQ, makes creatures flee in terror),
Glacier(IAF, creates an ice barrier in a tile adjacent to you, can be broken by phys&mag attacks),
Magical barrier(AO, creates stationary anti magic tile in which can't be cast and you are immune to magic projetiles, short duration),
Specter(IGOR, summons a magic elemental that is unkillable, but will disappear after one or two (heavy)attacks or 10 seconds(this and teleport should be 8th cirle spells), deals magic damage),
Summon elemental(KGX, summons random elementals that have different properties to their attacks, so wind blows everything all over the place, fire is heavy dmg or a burning dot, earth is heavy defense and draws aggro, water does something that I didn't thing off yet( maybe it has more HP? or grants the caster MR or something),
Shunt(XP, makes one creature go somewhere on the map, must touch creature, maybe a distance limitation? And Vas and Uus versions of it).
These can be given to any class that seems suitable.
-New material: Twilight ore. Combine with 4 iron ores to make a new alloy(shadow? shade? moonlight stone?) that deals 80% phys and 40% mag dmg, and full Twi ore to make Moonlight metal( You can change the names later, egg) that deals full mag dmg(actually, considering Mr and all that, maybe this would be a detriment? how about MR bypassing, like diamond).
-New class: Spell Smith, Kinda like a necro that has it's own crafting ability, this one could have a crafting ability focused solely in magical artifacts, as well as more exoteric abilities(If you think this one looks thin it's because I'm preparing to go to sleep as I write this.
-Have vampires drop Vampire fangs that we can use to make vamp weapons.

Also, a question, since you are likely to answer this if comes as a set rather than some lonely question shouted to the winds in some corner of the forums, never to be heard by a caring soul: Do the gems have any use(other than ruby for necro)?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Vamps have the ability to drop vamp dust that WAS used in construction of vamp weapons. And we had old enchanting to affix any + or enchant to them. Doubt itll go back to that even though i have a ton of plain enchants.

Elf will probably never happen, not even sure its in euo lore.

This teleport would render the runes you purchase pointless and town portal scrolls provide a temp portal.

Tinker is ultima canon but looking at shroud seems crafting changed a lot. I would love a xp gain via crafting and gathering. But i guess skill gain is fine.

For a barrier i was thinking of a hp soaker. Or temp force field.

Man i got into an arguement with thork over what a paladin should be. New classes are tricky if no new unique abilities. As is its mostly fighter/priest.

Yes, gems have a few other uses of high importance.

No, im not egg just an over euo enthusiast.
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

newmagna wrote:-An elf race: high dex, vig and always sped up? of with a greater load capacity? I feel they should be light on their feet and fast, but Tolkien-esque elves are supposedly good with magic or something.
-A paladin class: Focus on individual opponents, buffing and debuffing(blessing and cursing), bonus to party members like D&D auras. Temporary weapon buffs. Weapon skill should be holy(?) spears/swords
I like the idea of a paladin class with aura buffs to the paladin himself and to other party members in the surrounding area.
Maybe some type of bonus for using a 1H weapon and shield? I want a reason to use 1 handed weapons + shields more often.
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

I kind of envision a Paladin summoning magic hammers as an aura to do damage. Diablo II life :P
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

Yes, Keighn, I knew you weren't Egg.
The whole paladin thing is very confusing in most rpgs I've seen that also have a Cleric class that can do magic and melee.I have also followed the whole "Druid" discussion and might end giving yall a piece of my mind.
One of the things I hate the most about it is the use of the word paladin itself. The paladin knights were a group of twelve knights that served king paladin(If you just thought "that's some Jesus/Arthur shit!" yes it's pretty much that) that were considered above every other knight and were given the title of HOLY knights. or something along those lines.
A Holy/Magic Knight would(in my vision) use a (holy)sword/spear and (holy)shield combo that would grant it extra mag dmg for the sword and mr/vig/dmg reflection for the shield. The class would use mainly buffs, debuffs and crowd control spells instead of straight nuking everything. Perhaps one or two "Smite Evil"-like attacks. The spell list could go something like:
-1 Circle:
Consecrate Arms(GEY, turns weapon and shield in hand into holy versions),
Weapon of Sunlight(IOLY, temporary buff makes weapon deal Light/Magic/Fire/Lightning damage that bypasses MR and scales with str/dex like the weapon rather than int, and it consumes mana at a rate 110-(Skill level)/second),
Beacon(UL, sacrifices a torch that will mesmerize mobs around you and make them ignore you).
-2 Circle:
Goat's Blessing(IOGY, charges a single use OG on a weapon, 10 min cooldown),
Storms Blessing(UHP, faster attacks, speedy and you can run over water),
Ram's Blessing(MT, regenarates over a period of time or untill you are completely healed),
Admiration(QWL, Chance of making mobs neutral and easier to tame).
-3 Circle:
Festering Wounds(NYX, Diseases and poisons target, undead are immune to this, right?),
Repel Undead(ACM, makes undead flee from you, makes them weaker and take damage by being in proximity to you),
Hunger(DM, makes mobs starve and accept your food more often, incidentally)
-4 Circle:
Stallion's Blessing(IVFY, like IOGY but with VF),
Kneel(Slows down opponents around you as if they are encumbered),
Holy Shield(USY, enchants shield with MR, scales with skill level),
Snake's Blessing(CMR, you resurrect with 25% health if you die, can't be used with MT and has a long cooldown period starting from the resurrection).
-5 Circle:
Divine Possession(KDEOL, doubles stats, loses control of character as it searches for more enemies, gets paralyzed for the same amount of time you were possessed),
Holy Ground(APMJ, creates 3x3 area that traps you and whatever gets inside, lasts for a minute, you regenerate faster inside),
Body of Light(UYL, you become impervious to physical attacks(and a light source) for 5 seconds or until you move, blinking in that direction).
-6 Circle:
Thunderfall(GD, self explanatory, single target lightning strike, stuns, maybe point blank?),
Retribution(AMR, Deals damage depending on how hurt you are),
Heart attack(UAG, random chance of damage to target, but he always gets paralyzed),
Greed(UGD, creates a black hole that attracts, paralyzes and damages mobs),
Arc Lance(KYG, exploding projectile).
-7 Circle:
Despair(AFHT, deals ice damage over time and a large area),
Doppelganger(KALM, sacrifices 25% of your HP and summons a shadow copy of you with 25% HP that can't use spells),
Black Blade(UYR, weapon deals 2x damage to the first creature type you kill for either a few minutes or for ever( does not stack with itself, either by having a cooldown at least as long as the duration or by being unusable on a weapon you already enchanted. Does stack with silver against undead)).
-8 Circle:
Youth's Blessing(VMT, greatly regenates you and party members, as well as buffing you all by adding MR, Def and NV),
Beast of the Land(KVC, summons 2x2 monster that will chase the strongest monster in your immediate vicinity, kill it(while dealing collateral damage to everything else around), and then disappear),
Golden Body(UOM, buffs you by adding your int to you str/dex( either 50/50 or by the ratio you already have, or perhaps evening the two?),
Thunder Golem(KOGY, sacrifices all of the armor you're wearing to call a thunder golem(slow, hueh Def, casts OG). Once it disappears you get your armor back)
Halfway into making this list I realized how many nuking spells there are(I'm improvising this you see), But I do think this could work.
If you're wondering about the names I gave to the spells(Stallion, Goat, etc... I recommend searching for the Campione! light novel. Don't bother watching the anime. It's shit. SHIT.
*edit: PM me With your email and I'll send you the PDF since it's pretty hard to find it now that it's illegal to host it online.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

when races were added to euo, elves were originally included but were renamed to bloodkin and shadowkin, since elves are extremely trope and blood & shadow are (somewhat?) unique to euo.
To hell with putting elves in EUO!
read this:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3673&p=62067&hilit=races#p62067
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Well, i love the enthusiasm. Do post or repost class ideas in one of the threads in this section... RFC classes i think. I cant do much brainstorming until i hit texas again and get settled... Maybe the 4th or 5th.

Bloodkin/shadowfold.... I knew that reminded me of elves. Noe if only we could get bobbits and fuzzy in.

Fuzzy = emp = harvestable for fashion wigs all the skeletuns wear. Theyre now into those foppish wigs from brittain and cake make-up.... And pierre french mustachios.
newmagna

Post by newmagna »

Egg:Just call them wind elementals, or avians if the problem is calling them elves.
Keighn: I'm not reposting anything. I literally just made all that up.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

avians/garuda is the next race going in (but I don't see them as elves)
they are even euo-canon :2cool: since they already appear in my euo novel https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/452011

my garuda pinterest:
https://au.pinterest.com/eggmceye/garuda/

shadowkin are morrowindish dunmer (dark elves) x with the ultima shadow line, as far as I'm concerned
my shadowkin pinterest:
https://au.pinterest.com/eggmceye/euo-shadowfolk/

bloodkin are not elves but probably closer to u6's gargs or Mignola's hellboy:
https://au.pinterest.com/eggmceye/euo-bloodkin/

also I like rakshasa, esp cat wizards
https://au.pinterest.com/eggmceye/rakshasa/
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Magic :heart: (looking at the garuda and top rakshasa pic)
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I have a MTGO account and actual cards (only play pauper)
i have irl cards too but not many and don't play much
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Nice. A competative pauper deck?
I mostly play drafts, and recently I bought the Momir Vig avatar for Momir basic, a really fun format imo.
If you just want to play anything casually, i think Freeform should work. I have not tried it yet though.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson