Ideas thread 2015

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Re: Ideas thread 2015

Post by Kracky »

Currently on NG there is very little reason to complete quests. Outside of a few items and a bit of gold not much of a reason to do them.
Could we add this ?

Upon each quest completion on NG server the player receives +1 max stat limit ?

Would make quests worth doing just for that and 1 point even will all the quests won't break anything.
dirtyking
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by dirtyking »

how about a diamond coin for the tint wands or something like that?
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

For the NPC's with quests:

White ! above head indicates a Low level 1-25 player level quest

Green ! a Medium 26-50 level quest

Yellow ! a High 51-75 level quest

Red ! a Expert 76+ (or 150+ after PD remort) level quest

Knowing a bit in advance if a quest is outside your level range will help players do quests in a better order. It will also keep those who try and/or play PD server alive a bit longer and not /die 5 times, quit and never come back.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Make the "wand of pet happiness" keep a pet wonderfully happy regardless of being fed or not instead of the pet not leaving if they're "rather unhappy"
IGN: 1
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Depending on pet happiness it does better or worse:
More/less hp
More/less mr, def, as, damage, int
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Please add bottles to tinkering list for LOTL characters or skinflints who are just too cheap to buy them.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

After looking at junk mail life insurance policies in the mail I was hit with an idea. Why not on PD have premium term life insurance and living will?

Term life insurance:
For just a nominal fee you can feel safe that an alt or other player will be secure as you suck on the eternal void.
Each +1$ a month nets you say 10k gp
For each +5$ a month (cumulative with 1$ increments) 100k gp
For each +10$ a month (cumulative with 1$ & 5$ increments) 1 million gp

Living Will
For a one time fee of 25$ all the gear on you, in the bank, and on your merchant goes to a player you love.

Reverse mortgage
For a one time fee of 50$+ (depending on house size) all property and gear in said residence goes to another (this probably doesn't really need a permadeath. I mean houses are account bound and owning a whole real estate lot of houses might not be possible.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

I'd be cool if you hit mobs with the butt of the musket instead of firing when they are next to your av, and/or have an optional add on bayonet for close combat.
Djanno :smoke:
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Djanno wrote:I'd be cool if you hit mobs with the butt of the musket instead of firing when they are next to your av, and/or have an optional add on bayonet for close combat.
That's neat! I always thought that muskets should have their own Gunslinger class (or just having a special ranged class) for abilities like this.
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

I'm sure Egg is shuddering at the sound of a New class LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON. It would be kind of neat, maybe a Hunter class *Cough WoW Cough* haha.

What if we could login to Armory, and chat via global chat with ingame players?
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

The entrance to the Lair of the Beholder is a hole in the ground, how about removing the sun for that area?
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Tink wrote:I'm sure Egg is shuddering at the sound of a New class LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON. It would be kind of neat, maybe a Hunter class *Cough WoW Cough* haha.

What if we could login to Armory, and chat via global chat with ingame players?
Class... Eh no! It's THIS we need:

AMP IT UP!
HIPPOMAN!!!

Hippoman
AMP IT UP!

What EUO needs most of all!
HIPPOMAN!!!
ZUPS!!!!
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Idea for 100 woodcrafting - Wand of Siphoning Wood Welding - When used on a tinted wood weapon and the same untinted wood weapon of leeching +0, it makes a single tinted wood weapon leeching +0.

Recipe: log of x1, log of attack +3, log of attack +5, oak log x1, silverleaf log x1, ash log x1, venomous log x1, ebony log x1, vamp dust x5, nails x1

Example: Place a oak shill +0 and an shill of leeching +0 on the ground on the same spot. Press "u" to use the wand on them and you're left with an oak shill of leeching +0. Works with clubs, ranged wood weapons, and staves.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Ideas to change weekly PD:

Make it Monthly with a single town and a single instanced dungeon that doesn't respawn for you.

The wilderness around town has respawnable monsters that get harder the further away from town; hunt them you don't want to go in the dungeon.

The dungeon is a level like lair of the beholder with an ear boss at the end of each level (sorted by lowest hp to highest hp).

Each ear boss is surrounded by tons of enemies so sneaky tactics don't work as well.

When the ear boss on a level is killed, a portal is opened to the next level.

The first player to defeat the last boss wins the month and gets the reward of addy coins + a diamond coin on a server of their choosing.

Anyone else that kills all of the ear bosses by the end of the month also get a diamond coin on a server of their choosing.

Everyone is given a soulbound recall rune that teleports the character to the last dungeon level they left off on.

Everyone is given a soulbound codex of infinite dimensions to get back to town from the dungeon.

There is not a class/skill cap so each character has equal success in defeating the dungeon.

At the end of the month the character should be able to stay on the server and do the challenge over again (not eligible for rewards) or somehow transfer to another server.

Players can party but must have access to the same dungeon level and partying is not an option on the last level.

Res stones can be purchased and found like normal.

PVP is off and everyone is LotL.

Huge crab doesn't one hit KO.
Kracky
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Kracky »

Second vote for going back to a Monthly PD competition. I agree with most of 1's idea on it. Keep it simple but worth spending the time to win.

1. Single continent map with a town of all vendors needed. OR make everyone LOTL.(Some items don't drop in game, would need changing)
2. A randomly generating cave/dungeon/phase map. Say 50-100 levels. (even add hero/epic past 100 ?)
3. Boss at the end of each map level to kill opens portal to next level.
4. A stone to go to last level that you left (or bound it to). OR take a portal in Town back to level 1 (would need it for remort purposes.)
5. Use all current PD rules on class/skill/race caps for now.
6. At the end of the month the highest level character would have the choice of one of the following:
A diamond coin to have sent to any server
Placing that alt on normal PD server (with any items gained)
100 addy coins
7. Second place would get either of:
Placing that alt on normal PD server (with any items gained)
25 addy coins
8. After winners then wipe server of all players and start over.
9. An alternate prize for someone who went to the deepest level is possible too.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

I'd like to see all weekly/monthly PD characters (items included) move to the PD server after the competition is over. Personally, the reason I don't play is because if I end up liking my character or finding something rare, I'd be salty that it will be deleted.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3998&

An idea to bring back old cave mining, make a Mining server for it (4x xp, PD off, LotL off, remort on, PD like level ups instead of shrines).

The only town is Nordhaven, no shrines, no dungeons, no other towns, no other places, and New Sosaria/Tanelorne is the only continent.

With the mining pick you start with, you can dig an entrance to a 100x100 cave (anywhere but the mountains around Nordhaven).

This cave is your new lair/crypt that you can call home and other people can visit, one per account but it can be deleted by yourself.

Almost every type of monster will spawn on the overworld continent, you can use a Scroll of Spawner Creation to turn the monster into a spawner.

The spawner should be invisible but can be seen by pressing alt, using a renovation wand on changes it to specific monster or class spawner, can be picked up by owner with shift g.

Players can make a small 8x8 part of the cave their own personal home that is safe from other players picking up their stuff.

Killing monsters in your own cave only gives you 50% xp, killing monsters in someone else's cave gives you 150% xp, someone killing monsters in your cave gives you 25% xp even if you're offline, only one of your characters.

Different spawner types: specific monster or class of monsters, regular/heroic/epic.

There are no shops so get your stuff LotL style but trading between players is encouraged so set up a merchant in your lair.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

after having just visited random-sosaria on weekly, doesn't the overworld look pretty with the map key
randnewsos.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Looks nice :)
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

How about for the 5th weekend of the month instead of doing nothing have double XP and bosses on all servers? Since it doesn't happen that often.