Ideas thread 2014

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Re: Ideas thread 2014

Post by Grunkk »

Mm I suppose, I could say that's the reason why I don't level up my char.. but I'd be lying.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

ParadoxOfChoice wrote: [f]ind whoever made 'sticky keys' and destroy them.
what's this about?
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

show everyone on the mini map. show them in lime green? keep party members orange.

this way it's easier to see if someone else is hunting on the map you're at. if i see someone hunting, 95% of the time i leave and let them hunt.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Alasdair wrote: B. The mining pick and the woodman's axe make the chat box full instead of just showing a multiplier i.e. (2x). So if someone said something to me, it disappears very quickly, and sometimes will no longer be available to scroll up to.
grats your excellent suggestion made it
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I am considering making fishing back to the way it was - ie jam a nickel into f9 or whatever it was ... thoughts?
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

eggmceye wrote:I am considering making fishing back to the way it was - ie jam a nickel into f9 or whatever it was ... thoughts?
I would leave it the way it is but instead increase the number of rare/odd things you can fish up.

I remember fishing up paintings in UO. Maybe add those as well as other decorative oddities that can only be attained from fishing.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

i wouls love to AFK fish. i missed those days of being able to do that. i hate paying attention to hit TAB. or, i guess, not really AFK, but watching a movie or something. I'd like to watch a movie and still do something useful.
eggmceye wrote:

Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

EmoMage wrote:i wouls love to AFK fish. i missed those days of being able to do that. i hate paying attention to hit TAB. or, i guess, not really AFK, but watching a movie or something. I'd like to watch a movie and still do something useful.
I agree with Emo.
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

If the concensus is to revert fishing, then I would recommend that the frequency of maps be dropped even further, or even removed. Instead, a wider variety of fish could be made available.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

Onyxt wrote: I agree with Emo.

:shock:
eggmceye wrote:

Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

eggmceye wrote:I am considering making fishing back to the way it was - ie jam a nickel into f9 or whatever it was ... thoughts?
That would be nice just to make gathering food less of a chore.

But agree drops probably would need to decrease...

Any way to use the old way for fish only, and have the tab aspect pop up for possible drops?
Djanno :smoke:
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Severian wrote:If the concensus is to revert fishing, then I would recommend that the frequency of maps be dropped even further, or even removed. Instead, a wider variety of fish could be made available.
Were you even around when the old fishing was in? It wasnt a good way to obtain maps. Decreasing their frequency when its already lackluster would be pointless.
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Onyxt wrote:
Severian wrote:If the concensus is to revert fishing, then I would recommend that the frequency of maps be dropped even further, or even removed. Instead, a wider variety of fish could be made available.
Were you even around when the old fishing was in? It wasnt a good way to obtain maps. Decreasing their frequency when its already lackluster would be pointless.
Yes, I was. And the frequency at the moment isn't that bad. The frequency should be decreased if fishing is reverted.

Also, if the general sentiment is that fishing is a poor source of maps, then a decrease in the frequency of maps shouldn't really effect anyone's expectations when fishing.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Severian wrote:
Onyxt wrote:
Yes, I was. And the frequency at the moment isn't that bad. The frequency should be decreased if fishing is reverted.

Also, if the general sentiment is that fishing is a poor source of maps, then a decrease in the frequency of maps shouldn't really effect anyone's expectations when fishing.
The frequency isn't bad for you because you use a bot 24/7. The normal player isn't going to be on for a week straight doing what ever it is you do while you're on.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

you are on quite a bunch on different servers all the time, and feels like 95% of the time AFK. I'll try to ask you a question and almost never get an answer.
eggmceye wrote:

Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Onyxt wrote:The frequency isn't bad for you because you use a bot 24/7. The normal player isn't going to be on for a week straight doing what ever it is you do while you're on.
A frequency is just that, an expected rate of occurance. My opinion regarding the frequency of maps attained from fishing is based on empirical observation, and is, in my opinion high (about 1 in 20). Please leave my how and when I play out of this discussion.
EmoMage wrote:you are on quite a bunch on different servers all the time, and feels like 95% of the time AFK. I'll try to ask you a question and almost never get an answer.
There is no rule that says you cannot be AFK. And there also isn't a rule about having to reply to people (just because I don't reply to your messages, does not automatically imply I am AFK). This is a discussion about fishing and not about how/when I play.

Edit: By the way, I recommend a new rate of 1 in 100 for fishing up maps. I recommend making this change now, regardless of the decision to revert fishing to the old mechanism.
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

On the topic of fishing... Maybe make fishing in rough seas (which would require a Ship in a Bottle) have a higher chance of getting better things?
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
ParadoxOfChoice
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by ParadoxOfChoice »

eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: [f]ind whoever made 'sticky keys' and destroy them.
what's this about?
Added to my list after the windows sticky keys popup killed one of my weekly PD characters :P
(off topic: something wrong with my audio drivers made the default robo-voice for the microsoft ease of access center into a creepy demonic voice that doesn't speak actual words. This thing was running in the background when I switched back to EUO and had died, and I thought egg had put in some kind of horror game aspect. Got especially creepy once I went back to the title screen and it was still grumbling in evil tone beneath the music.)

on topic: Old fishing was great.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

i like how defensive you are over just one thing, not only that, you throw big ass words at me that i don't comprehend because of the highschools in my area.

NOW, i LOVE how you "reccomend" and practically demand (IMO) that he change the game because you "ASSUME" that it's too high. I personally think the rate is fine. on PD, i can fish for a couple hours and get 10 maps or so then do those and maybe fish some more, that is NOT a high rate of maps. and more of an opinion from me, you have over 1000 of each map, or so you say, so why does it even matter to you? you seem to have everything in the game. you can dress any new character with the top of the line equipment because you hoard so much shit. in an instance like this, where the "little people" are trying to maybe work up and get a few bucks or so by afk fishing and get a few maps or something, doesn't mean the "bigger people" can come in and ruin it. i think your nose needs to stay out of it anyway, only because you seem to ruin it for everyone else to make you look more "god-like". if you'd start playing like everyone else and stop being so stuck up on what you have, maybe people wouldn't talk so much shit about you. me and you have done a lot of business over the years, but on this particular occasion, i think this is an argument you need to bow down from and leave.
eggmceye wrote:

Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

EmoMage wrote:i like how defensive you are over just one thing, not only that, you throw big ass words at me that i don't comprehend because of the highschools in my area.

NOW, i LOVE how you "reccomend" and practically demand (IMO) that he change the game because you "ASSUME" that it's too high. I personally think the rate is fine. on PD, i can fish for a couple hours and get 10 maps or so then do those and maybe fish some more, that is NOT a high rate of maps. and more of an opinion from me, you have over 1000 of each map, or so you say, so why does it even matter to you? you seem to have everything in the game. you can dress any new character with the top of the line equipment because you hoard so much shit. in an instance like this, where the "little people" are trying to maybe work up and get a few bucks or so by afk fishing and get a few maps or something, doesn't mean the "bigger people" can come in and ruin it. i think your nose needs to stay out of it anyway, only because you seem to ruin it for everyone else to make you look more "god-like". if you'd start playing like everyone else and stop being so stuck up on what you have, maybe people wouldn't talk so much shit about you. me and you have done a lot of business over the years, but on this particular occasion, i think this is an argument you need to bow down from and leave.
(1) I am making recommendations, not demands. (2) The rate is 1 in 20. This is not an assumption; it is an observed frequency attained through extensive testing and good record keeping. I don't pull unsubstantiated values out of thin air the way you do. (3) Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but unlike you, I don't need to flame others to get my point across:

1 in 20, with one cast per 6 seconds on average will net you an expected 1 map per 2 minutes, which equates to 30 maps an hour. This is even better than looting treasure chests, which is why I am saying the rate is too high. Plain enough for you now?