Ideas thread 2014

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Re: Ideas thread 2014

Post by Eclips »

A few new trap features to restore the advantage rogues should have when it comes to sneaking/chests/treasure.

Trap Doors- Walking over without a high enough trap skill transports you to a different map. Can be triggered multiple times. (allows chests and areas to be accessible only by parties with rogues)

Alarm Traps- Casts reveal on local area.

Bear Traps- Causes bleeding, Hamstring, Forces player to cast battle roar.
ParadoxOfChoice
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by ParadoxOfChoice »

Show remaining gold while purchasing items from a shop.
[l]ooking at location in weekly PD to see name of it, rather than having to enter.
Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.
[f]ind whoever made 'sticky keys' and destroy them.
Reg players' corpse/gold should stay on ground for much longer.
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

I wonder if there's a way to set spell/ability binds to particular weapons.

Ex: when equipped with ranged, f2 is aimed shot, but upon equipping a foil, f2 becomes gouge
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

A like/up vote feature on the forums. Would be useful to show what the most popular ideas are in the ideas thread.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

More dyeable sections of avatars.

Show weapon name when hit with said weapon: ex "Mackey hit you with Heartless (211 damage)."
Could be turned off with combat messages if you don't want your shit clogged up with words.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Chest traps that blow up the chest do damage in a FG area and destroy 75% of the contents.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Mackey wrote:A like/up vote feature on the forums. Would be useful to show what the most popular ideas are in the ideas thread.
yeh, ...
I started looking for one but gave up, but will look again

I find that going thru the old ideas threads and replying to each one a chore - not the reading but but the quote, paste, etc bit - voting & even grouping replies to the idea with the original post would be great - reddit thread style
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

dat tumblr tho
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
ParadoxOfChoice
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by ParadoxOfChoice »

Have town merchants keep up to 10 items sold to them by players, of the highest value.
~ Selling an item of higher value than the merchants lowest value item replaces it.
Give a tiny boost to gold received from selling to merch based on value of item. (warhammer+6 > +1)
Sell a Tome of MR+1 and a Tome of AC+0.05 for 100k gold each (max out at +200/+10)? 40mil total. [raise gold value] :nightshade:
Make/Accept some more ultra dungeons for high level players.
Raise the party limit back up, 5 is kinda weak.
Nerf party XP. (As much as I like getting power leveled, It's kind of a cheese...)
~ Make it so that a player must at least damage the enemy or heal the ally to gain xp.
Create a small invite->reward system, to promote publicity (hopefully in the right places).
Give new players a tiny bit more base HP and a couple ID or unweld scrolls to help ease the initial learning curve.
Automate some events/invasions, they bring people together and have a great vibe.
Alasdair
How do I attack?

Post by Alasdair »

Hi, this is my first post and I would like to quickly and simply jot down all my ideas. But first I would like to agree with the person prior who said that not all people like just grinding.

1. My biggest idea is that a new character is introduced, mermaids -- evil mermaids, like you see in Pirates of the Caribbean. And you could derive a whole new underwater world and dungeons underneath Soasaria (I hope I am spelling that right). This would open up new skills, characters, quests, maps, loot, etc. (Though this would be a huge undertaking, a world within a world).

2. Also I would like to suggest adding a mill on the map, or just a icon of a millstone for grinding grain, in particular wheat, so flour can be made. I have been going to real grist mill and it is quite awesome. You could implement the sieve to sift the chaff from the grain. (You can look up the Cedar Creek Grist Mill online to see how a mill works.)

3. And following are some minor adjustments that I think should be made:
A. I agree with combining the weaponsmith and armourer into one skill = Blacksmith. I think something should be added that makes that skill special, though I will have to think about what.
B. The mining pick and the woodman's axe make the chat box full instead of just showing a multiplier i.e. (2x). So if someone said something to me, it disappears very quickly, and sometimes will no longer be available to scroll up to.
C. I also think it would be a good idea for the game to log the coordinates of a treasure maps' locations in the quest log. That way I don't have to write it down in case it scrolls off the chat box.
D. I think there should be a well in every town, including Merricksville.
E. Also I would like to see a section on farming and brewing in the manual as soon as is convenient.
F. Also I have noticed that when you enter Mon-Ferrato that only the north and south part of town is where the character is loaded to in regular, but PD can access the east part, which is the side I prefer to enter.

This is all I have for now, but will keep looking for bugs and such. This is a great game and can only get better. :)

I have been learning how to program and would like to help with this game to improve my skills and to have fun. Please consider this, Thanks.
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Newbie island teleportation token (10 adamantium coins) ... or some other means to get to newbie island ... just so we can complete the naomi's delivery quest.

Also, 2 more quests or quest chains from Lord Byron so that we can get 2 more copies of Lord Byron's Certificate and then complete all three class quest chains in Cammerata Keep.
Tink
Post in swahili or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Post by Tink »

Byron quest lines need a revision/update.
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

Yo, maybe an ability that a vampire can use to shield himself from the sunlight while he's standing still. I hate not being able to stand outside nord anymore :/.

(Maybe like an umbrella or something, idk).
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

I really like this thread this year - wish I could just snap my fingers and make it all happen ...
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

*snap snap* GET TO IT
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

eggmceye wrote:I really like this thread this year - wish I could just snap my fingers and make it all happen ...
What's stopping you?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I've been playing a lot of PTP sort of games lately. League of Angels is the latest I've been messing with to waste time. While the game play is pretty bleh one thing I do love is the mini-games and small daily/weekly event bonuses. AFK getting experience is kind of cool too but then wouldn't we all just do that? 1xp per second.

Angel's online has a freakishly weird concept called angel helper. Basically you can preset you character to do a bunch of crap and be afk. I think it kind of defeats the purpose of playing but I made a few dudes and let them sit in angel combat sanctuary fighting god's sperm er slimes.. mana w/e... until lvl 17.

Suggested minigames:
Tetris-like (I can play this sort of game for hours)
Horse racing
Boat racing
Drake racing (maybe shoot fireballs at each other to stun)
Pick a card.
Solitaire
BlackJack.
Mine-Sweeper.

Should be some sort of rewards otherwise mini-games are pointless time wasters in game.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Removal of the level cap. Know I'm a broken record at this point, but I miss leveling my rogue.
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

You could always make a new rogue o.O
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Grunkk wrote:You could always make a new rogue o.O
Because its not that same. I do have a rogue alt.