Ideas thread 2014

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2014

Post by Keighn »

Rogues being able to % chance detect traps at a glance radius depends on trap skills (similar to find traps prayer). implement by search direction and line of sight instead of always just stepping and either avoiding or dying.

different chest colors for mob drobs and dungeon chests.
once chest or floor is detected as a trap it is marked for all to see (until reset aka like spawns)
pick pockets for rogues while hidden on mobs and merchants.
develope a good drop for picking pockets and robbing from merchants.

jailing by guards, stocks and punishment for crimes.
bounty hunters based on level that come after you bad criminals (think fallout) any race and class might come after you in random numbers (xp scaled of course)
guards of different abilities not the pure death mobs they are. (they too might go on crusades to hunt players or join up and attack some foul legion of evil)

mercenaries that appear as blue barred mobs for hire (NOT PETS) that must be paid out of your on hand gold per day. They die they die:
types:
Fighter
Mage
Summoner
Priest (healer)
archer
etc.
ZUPS!!!!
Gildur
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Gildur »

Is it possible to add 'current level' after the names of who is online on the armoury page (and in game too on the /w /wc lists (and hopefully on the display if that idea is implemented at some point)) It's probably not the most important feature to have in game, however, it would be nice for someone who is looking to party and need a quick update of who the likely suspects are.
my God, it's full of stars...
Zilverlight
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Zilverlight »

I noticed that Wands of Amplification could enchant mundane items with + Attack. I used one on a leather torso and it said it was unable to enchant with + Attack being of a wrong item type, only weapons, gloves, rings and neck pieces could be enchanted with + Attack. How does one go about enchanting armor with + Defense?

I think it'd be a great feature to add where WoA can enchant items with something other than + Attack. Such as Armors + defense, Rings + Stat or Necklaces + MR

Maybe something that could allow you to choose what you're enchanting the item with? Rings of stats, defense, attack, MR and NV are all possible enchantments. Having some way to choose what you want on the ring. (Or just make it completely random between all the viable enchantments. IE: Using Wand of Amplification on a field plate has an equal chance to enchant the field plate with int, dex, str, mr, nv and defense. If you get the wrong enchantment, disenchant and try again. However I see this being more aggravation than actual worth)

At the moment, dwarves are able to craft mithril armor. However, being that Wands of Amplification cannot give armor + 1 defense from base, the only way I see Mithril being enchanted is through WoT, which are very rare to come by and highly valued ( or bought using real money ) Mithril isn't droppable so you can't find a mithril plate + 4 and deconstruct it to recraft it into something else. This makes obtaining a full suit of mithril armor that is actually useful extremely difficult to get not to mention the time spent trying to obtain WoT, other than buying them with $$.
Desmond (AKA: Rurik)
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

if it has def already, WoA will take it all the way to +4 def, stats can go to +15 (except vigour, nv, and MR) and attack can go to +5.

it already has to have a + tho so it knows what to amp it by.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

it's an amplifier, like in a car. it is there to make what you have already better. same goes with the wand, it takes what you already have to make it better. i can't make a +dex out of a plain torso. the torso has to be at least +1 dex to make it +2. so forth and so on.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah, not like you won't find gear by hunting to amp up. I see where zillver is coming from. Probably wouldn't be bad for amp wands to attribute random enchant of lowest plus to item. Since you can't dip gloves for attack its be kinda cool.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

This thread is the Idea Thread Emo. It was an idea, not a criticism or question about what is already in the game.

The Idea is that there could be a way to GIVE an item that base enchantment so that your wand of amplification could amplify it (Maybe using the wand of amplification since it is "amplifying" the plain torso with a new buff to "make it better")

Just a suggestion.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Heroic Sag

Epic CoS with at least one boss
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Wand that adds an additional random buff to the item.

Items of Quality
Ie reg item = only one enchant
Good quality = up to two separate
Excellent quality = up to three separate
Master quality = up to four separate
Divine quality = up to five separate

Random enchant buff wand might yield a result you don't want like +1 nv

This can be remedied with disenchant want but it will reduce all enchant qualities so an item with say +1 attack and +3 strength hit by disenchant wand loses the attack and is now a +2 strength

The amplification wand will randomly affect a slot up to max allowed by the wand in current rules. So getting what you want is going to be time consuming.

Getting items of quality needs to be explained. Probably crafting I guess.
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Couple Ideas:

Some way to do all 3 of the Lord Byron's Advisers' quests. (Or making the Kill (XC) spell accessible to players other than just those that opt for the Virgil questline. This doesn't allow players who have started rogue or fighter to change their minds and go mage later on (and loses a chance to get an extra $5))

Changing the "Defend the Keep" game to incorporate different difficulties. (Desmond is level 170 and he can't hold out for long against the last couple waves. This prevents all lower level characters from trying (or rather, succeeding at) the minigame unless in a large group of high levels. I have not noticed anyone really playing the minigame either.

Dragonscale Armor (used with dragon scales because the only thing I see them useful for is making blackrock) Tint. Effects could be decided upon later.

Weekly events (Outside of the 2x exp once a month even though that is an awesome event) that could encourage more players to get on.
DM event monsters for higher levels?
Scavenger hunts where NPCs are placed randomly around the map/towns and maybe even dungeons. The more NPCs you find/buy a certain item from, the higher your reward?
2x Exp for certain dungeons? (This could be unannounced so as to not crowd the dungeon, and only those who actually decide to hunt there would discover it.
Increased specific (or general) item drop rates for a day?
Or Town Invasions where players are able to defend Nordhaven or Izumi from monsters periodically throughout the day?

Some use for the "rune" item? (Not sure if there is yet, I've been away for a while and only got back about two weeks ago)
Rune of Speed: When used on a weapon, permanently increases attack speed of the weapon by .1 (capped to a specific amount)
Rune of Damage: When used on a weapon, permanently increases damage by 1 minimum or maximum (capped again)
Rune of Defense: Armors.
Rune of Weight: Lightens the weight of the item.
These runes could be bound to each item individually, so if you start using a new weapon or you transfer the item with another, the new weapon won't have the runes. Can also limit (instead of how many individual runes types can be used) how many runes total are used on any one item. This forces players to choose between damage, speed or weight (or any other type you can come up with)

Kraken moved to Maeondir or another area.

New lower level dungeons? I notice a lot of new stuff for higher level areas and players, but not much has been added for the lower end of the spectrum of players. Many older players that decide to make new characters have to go through the same boring routine to get strong enough to start leveling at the places they want to hunt at again.

A way to delete GP Homes. Not sure if this is already in the game either, but if not it would allow us to do it ourselves without hassling egg. No refund for GP necessary.

Changing the "Morning Star" aesthetic look. The Morning Star tile is similar to the Flail (spiked ball on a chain hanging from a wooden rod) but when you equip it, it shows up on your avatar as a regular mace. Could change this so the Morning Star and Flail have the same avatar aesthetic look.

Lastly, some kind of advertising. Ezru and I are posting comments and sharing the Facebook page trying to get friends and other players to come to EUO. It's really sad that this game's playerbase has dwindled so much in the past 5 years. Plenty of players still play (Most everyone gets on for 2x exp weekend) but outside of that, it's barren on /w.

Other player suggestions, ideas or counter-ideas?
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Zilverlight wrote: Some way to do all 3 of the Lord Byron's Advisers' quests. (Or making the Kill (XC) spell accessible to players other than just those that opt for the Virgil questline. This doesn't allow players who have started rogue or fighter to change their minds and go mage later on (and loses a chance to get an extra $5))
You may be in luck! Think they fixed the part so anybody can do the XC quest. Originally my mage was too chicken to fight balrons so I chose one of the other guys, then I got him up past lvl 700 and decided balrons weren't that tough after all and got myself XC. :D
Zilverlight

Post by Zilverlight »

Bugbo wrote: You may be in luck! Think they fixed the part so anybody can do the XC quest. Originally my mage was too chicken to fight balrons so I chose one of the other guys, then I got him up past lvl 700 and decided balrons weren't that tough after all and got myself XC. :D
No homo bro, but I love you!!
Gildur
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Gildur »

I don't know if this is allowed by the game mechanics and the underlying structure, but if it is, it would be very nice with a modified /who list, something along the lines of:

Code: Select all

/who
Gildur[427](C/P], NEOSHAMAN[225](I/P), Mackey[463](B/P)
C=Combat I=Idle B=Busy P=Party
3 player(s) online.
Combat is pretty self explanatory, idle and party too, busy would be crafting or repeat use/action. Within the brackets would be their respective levels. This would be a very nice addition if it's at all possible to do, for more parties and more fun for everyone.
my God, it's full of stars...
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Gildur wrote:I don't know if this is allowed by the game mechanics and the underlying structure, but if it is, it would be very nice with a modified /who list, something along the lines of:

Code: Select all

/who
Gildur[427](C/P], NEOSHAMAN[225](I/P), Mackey[463](B/P)
C=Combat I=Idle B=Busy P=Party
3 player(s) online.
Combat is pretty self explanatory, idle and party too, busy would be crafting or repeat use/action. Within the brackets would be their respective levels. This would be a very nice addition if it's at all possible to do, for more parties and more fun for everyone.
Yeah something like this or an afk/busy status would amazing.
IGN: 1
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I always liked the old trade offs that came with the races IE +10% Str, -10% Int. I also think this kind of system might work with Necros, and keep true to their theme, and also make them something new/different.

Passive Ability: Damage and MR increase with decreased health.

Aura of Pain: Necromancers emit a constant 4x4 aura of pain that inflicts slow (o) and damage on mobs and party members.

Change Hail of bones to Match that new blood attack thats similar- Friendly target spell, inflicts wound on friendly target to cast spell Spell stops when wound is healed.

Consume: Consumes Greater Red shard to grant temporary regen of Hp

Soul Blast: Consumes Greater Blue Shard to cast high damage spell that ignores damage reduction/MR

Death is only the beginning: 600sec effect. Self Target: If player dies during this time, is automatically resurrected as a Lich. -25% health and def, +25% damage and MR, Same immunities/weaknesses as undead, Heals hurt, and potions have no effect. Effect continues until player dies. Spell cannot be cast while in this form and spell cooldown begins at the termination of the effect.

Forced Sacrifice: Binds player and friendly target together. While active Caster receives 25% damage, and the other 75% goes to spell target ignoring damage reduction (Tank Stance, Tactics). Increases threat from caster's attacks/spells.

Acid Wind- Also halves DEF

Forced Sacrifice in conjunction with the passive Damage/mr scaling will allow players to stay at relatively low levels of hp and benefit from their passive.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Ya should post that in the necro thread so it doesn't get easily buried.

Necros still the same as in 2013?
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Training arena where you can spawn a clone of any mob or player to fight for practice (no xp). Could be cool and fairly easy(ish) to code?
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Zilverlight wrote:Changing the "Defend the Keep" game to incorporate different difficulties.
Or several other DtK maps. Skullthorpe's is too easy for anyone over 350.
Zilverlight wrote:Weekly events
Yes yes yes. And some sort of daily reward/event for logging in.
Zilverlight wrote:Kraken moved to Maeondir or another area.
Maybe just nerf Kraken and add some more Kraken/Giant Crab type monsters. Possibly one or two that spawn at midnight. Right now there's not a whole lot going on in the day to day EUO except grinding mobs and grinding skills. Maybe have 2x2 continent spawn mobs drop a unique item every so often?
Zilverlight wrote:New lower level dungeons?
Yeah, early game needs a lot of work to keep new players coming back. I don't know what the dropoff is for newbies, but it's pretty damn high. Xp boost for your first account character up to a certain level. More lower level quests (kill x amount of y; Bring me x amount of y) and maybe slightly more xp per quest.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

More contests for player-contributed content.

Game could use more:
Books
Tiles in general (replacements for ultima tiles?)
Maps
Music! (could get to the point where every map had different music, or music changes for boss areas)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Mackey wrote:More contests for player-contributed content.

Game could use more:
Books
Tiles in general (replacements for ultima tiles?)
Maps
Music! (could get to the point where every map had different music, or music changes for boss areas)

Oh hell yeah. ESP when you're engaged in combat or nasty mega bosses are around. Man with each map or event customizable a person could put any music in the open slot.

Yeah beiber blasting his wanna be someone's bitch while chatting up that bald merchant in town.