Ideas thread 2014

Moderator: EUO Moderators

EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Re: Ideas thread 2014

Post by EmoMage »

Chedich wrote:I don't think there's any functions in the LUA API for that. However, nothing's to stop egg from adding one... ;)
sounds like a challenge, egg just got called out!!

STEP UP SON!
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'd rather eggs focus stay on apoc while its hot in the frying pan. Who knows might explode in inspiration in the fire. Out of frying pan and into the fire..... Into the fire fir!!! (Meatloaf starts singing)
ZUPS!!!!
DUTCHMAN2
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DUTCHMAN2 »

Can you please change the party xp ratios. it was an amazing idea when there where alot of people on euo..but since the community has dwindled it sucks with having another person and only getting 50% each. seeing as the best I've done in the last 4 to 5 months is been able to find 1 other person. i have essentially stopped playing because of this. but am looking to get back into EUO
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Scripted Hybrids:
You could script in a spawner that makes a hybrid, and randomly selects the top/bottom halves (within the family). that would make maps have a constant surprise element - a hybrid perhaps in each clearing, or in buildings.

Item/Monster Visual Randomization:
So on this game Aberoth.com (please delete if the link offends) there are lighter/darker shades for everything - items, as well as avatars. it might be applicable to item tiles or equipment or something in EUO. it's just kind of a cool way to add interest, in my opinion.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Wait until scripted mutant heads like in the coin shop.

Golem hybrids yet?
Bunny hybrids?
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Pickpocket skill anytime soon?
Azmodan
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Azmodan »

Tamed dragons stats (AS, intelligence and MR) scaling with level? Its pretty crazy that a level 75 dragon does the same damage as a level 25. :-|
PD-Azalynn, Azmodan, Thrall, Windwalker
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Azmodan wrote:Tamed dragons stats (AS, intelligence and MR) scaling with level? Its pretty crazy that a level 75 dragon does the same damage as a level 25. :-|
agreed. it took me a few levels of checking to realize.
Azmodan
BBQ ABC <3

Post by Azmodan »

I mean even if its just a little it would be great, i dont expect a dragon to have 2k+ mr and be as powerful as a 500 mage on pd, by any means. I just am curious as to the reasoning they dont scale or if it was just not addressed before. :-S
PD-Azalynn, Azmodan, Thrall, Windwalker
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Mackey wrote:Pickpocket skill anytime soon?
But why would you want npcs snotty hankies, condoms, and coupons for groceries? You realize those aren't the ribbed kind.
Last edited by Keighn on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

bring (W=wisdom) back.

INT
STR
DEX
WIS
eggmceye wrote:

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Has to have a use for it.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

tintable horse and rabbit mounts:
tintable mounts.png
Especially the horse would be nice, as I have use for it:
joust.png
And I am not sure how CinisterD is getting along with his map ideas but afaik it also involved tintable horse mounts.
Edit: and do not forget it this could be on sale for addy coins ofc (is not the tintable drake purchasable already?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

LordMortiferus wrote:(is not the tintable drake purchasable already?)
Not sure, why don't you play and find out? :P :roll:
eggmceye wrote:

Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Make it so you can disenchant ingots, cloth, leather, etc.

I accidentally deconstructed years of collecting worth of ingots from 16-29, because I thought I could craft with the higher + stuff to raise armourer/tailoring. Now I've just got a pile of stuff I can't craft back into items, or disenchant down to +15. That was my mistake for sure, but it would be nice if the option was there to disenchant the ingots/cloth/leather to a usable spec.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Proposed change to the Diamond tint. Instead of boosting AS, have it ignore the monsters def. With the change to how AS got calculated from stats this tint is a bit outdated and is virtually pointless. Dont apply this change to adamantium though, as its fine in its current state.
Bugbo

Post by Bugbo »

Onyxt wrote:Proposed change to the Diamond tint. Instead of boosting AS, have it ignore the monsters def. With the change to how AS got calculated from stats this tint is a bit outdated and is virtually pointless. Dont apply this change to adamantium though, as its fine in its current state.
What about Diamond staves? Would they then ignore the mobs MR?
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Bugbo wrote:
Onyxt wrote:Proposed change to the Diamond tint. Instead of boosting AS, have it ignore the monsters def. With the change to how AS got calculated from stats this tint is a bit outdated and is virtually pointless. Dont apply this change to adamantium though, as its fine in its current state.
What about Diamond staves? Would they then ignore the mobs MR?
I'd say no, pretty sure that would allow mages to one shot all magic monsters with IJO.
Catherine
English correct bastard.

Post by Catherine »

Some old ones, but hey:

1) Change polymorph to be useful. Currently mages cannot really take on Shadow warriors / Shadow Lords, even with the MR cleave (well, it's possible, but tiresome) and casting polymorph for the extra melee chances unequips your stave. Make them all melee beasties, & scale to int, eg: int 500+ > iron golem, 1K+ Shadow Warrior and so on.

2) Magical Tomes - rare books (khaki pot rare) that add to crafting skills. (This will help reduce crafting grind, which is reason #2 reg just isn't appealing anymore). Three rarities, raise crafting skill by 2%, 4%, 6% or scaled to crafting skill. e.g. Crafting skill is 90+, 2%+; 70-90 +4% crafting skill is <70%, 6%+. Sharp end of the blade; Ingots for Dummies; Brewing Potions and keeping your eyebrows; Dwarven mining techniques or how to do it beardless etc etc.

3) Pet runes - currently there's steel, iron and copper that cost varying amounts of addy coins. They should give +1 slot / tier. e.g. 5 pet slots with copper (this might be me being grumpy, 'cause I assumed the copper one allowed more pets, but doesn't). Pets should scale a little by level (although % based increases are weighted to the higher level pets). Also, please add a Wand of Pet Flight (addy? sets mob to having flight just for ease of following) if easy to code! Wand of Pet Thaumaturgy (craftable, 100 skill) - adds +1 spell slot, because we all want a level 75 rabbit that can cast XC.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

I think pet runes are of varying prices to make it more expensive to have more than one, which I can agree with. I wouldn't mind if other things were sold similarly.