Ideas thread 2014

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Catherine
English correct bastard.

Re: Ideas thread 2014

Post by Catherine »

Eclips wrote:I think pet runes are of varying prices to make it more expensive to have more than one, which I can agree with. I wouldn't mind if other things were sold similarly.
In Addy:

Steel is 20
Iron is 30
Copper is 50

So, yeah, you'd expect some difference. I'm lazy n can throw $20 at EUO without issue, but I was like... hmm. An extra $2 for? Idk, but I shoved the extra 30 addy into EUO on faith that there'd be some difference. Or, to parse differently - I should have grabbed the steel & bought a pet II wand.*

I've also no idea what the bps for ebony crafting tools do. It's like... wut? (I assume that they don't break, a la LotL chars, but that's weird - because BR / ebony saw is just like.. no chance to break?). Still no idea what the crafting blueprints are for.

*And yeah, if you reach the point you're spending addy coins on a PD char just so you can train a horse pet for shits n giggles, well, yeah. "You're a Whale"
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

So I've been watching a lot of speed running lately (IE beating video games as fast as they can to break records).

I think a map(s) that are designed for this would be interesting; they could even include a timer with saved records if the game could support such a feature.

It would have to be set-up so some enemies would have to be killed or lured to avoid invisible runners having an advantage.

I've also thought about what goals could be done with speedruns in this game (with new characters or existing characters). Most speedruns done in one sitting are under 2 hours but anything less than 5 minutes doesn't offer a lot of room for improvement.

Does anyone have ideas for speedrunning goals (time yourself to get to level 40 on weekly PD for example, a speedrun to get to the end of bloodmoor, etc)?
IGN: 1
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Speed runs are cool. Dehar and I or others would often do some speed runs in blood Moore. Remember super Mario world with those midpoint hurdles or chaos engine with nodes that had to be activated? Place a few nodes that have to be activated along the way and that would be cool. Option would be node creates a mini boss that has to be killed.

Have a portal at the beginning of map like for instances. Maybe utilize that chamber idea I had whet you can choose what you want to enter. In front of speed round portal is a bulletin board with top five fastest speeds for one, two, three, four, and five man parties.

Further option would be speed rounds for heroic, epic, and blood instances.

Side note: parameter ideas for entering an instance:

A sort of easy checklist you can click like equipping an item.
Instance: [] normal [] heroic [] epic
[] regular [] blood [] shadow
[] normal [] speed round
RESET [] yes [] no

Read across. This way instances are set to person or group. If all party members leave instance it resets w/e the normal reset time is.

Tps work normally. And reset simply resets the instance if group wants to start over.
ZUPS!!!!
Mackey
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Mackey »

IG messaging system could use some work, I think.

Make player messages manageable in a sub menu, so you can keep track of private conversations.

Toggleable timestamps for global/trade/clan messages so you can see when someone messaged you if you're afk.
ritari
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by ritari »

Glowing items could have +1 light radius as they glow.
1 + 1 = 2
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

ritari wrote:Glowing items could have +1 light radius as they glow.
An exception would have to be made for rogue characters since they can't hide in anything that glows (e.g. gold equipment, torch, etc).
IGN: 1
ritari
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by ritari »

Good point and how about glowing items glow when dropped on ground? Like gems do.
1 + 1 = 2
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I used to leave torches in huge caves as flares to see mobs back in old days. Not really needed today. Always wanted to throw flares and grenades at mobs with my rogue so I could blind them. So many grenade types. Ah like a shooter.

With spray and pray with one target would unleash as many shots as with multi foes.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

With the larger btile files I suggest to move the following mtiles to btiles20 to make them work better with the environment and 32x32 tileset:
hole in the ground - 263
reflection in the mirror -248

Maybe the sleeping dude in bed avatar althought this is not a real maptile I presume.
Onyxt

Post by Onyxt »

Change the tile of Virgils, Oenishi, and Greysons Signet rings to the gray ring. I've found like 5 of these things to only be sad when I identify them and see its not a Mage, Fighter, or Rogueband.
Mr.Crowley
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Mr.Crowley »

Two ideas - (haven't gone through the 5billion posts before this so apologies if it has already been suggested)

1st. Support classes - Bard? Maybe give an xp boost to support classes so they lvl quicker. Reason behind lvling quicker is so that a player could have a support class character and be able to party with higher lvls. Support classes shouldn't be able to lvl quickly on their own (or really at all for that matter)

-Bard- (items) Guitar, Sitar, Lute etc... (tints) Acoustics, Slinky strings (for stringed instruments), voice amplification? (for greater area of effect)

ex. Acoustic Guitar +1-9 = longer lasting effect.
ex. Slinky stringed Guitar +1-9 = stronger effect.
ex. Amplified Guitar +1-9 = greater area of effect.

-Bard- (Abilities) (not in any order) (All based on voice {read below}

1. strum - chance to put enemy to sleep. (ensnare the mind)
2. sing - chance to give party morale boost. ( + int,dex or str etc...)
3. Tell story - Gives XP boost (Cant be affected by tint?) (takes 10 secs to cast last 5 min?)
4. Play chord - chance to heal
5. Dark Song - damages enemies slightly
etc...

-Bard- (Voice)

Different style voices could be set like aspects and increase/decrease effects/strength of effect etc..

1. Dark voice (Boost to damage/offensive spells
2. Voice of Truth (Boost to healing/party defensive spells)
3. Thunderous Voice (Boost area of effect)
etc.

Second idea -

Godly Rare Items!

For every 1 chance that an artifact would drop there could be a 1/250,000 chance that a "Godly Rare Item" would drop. Godly items probably wont be added just because of the idea I have about it but thought I should ask anyways. Double tints, Double Enchants, up to +35 str, int, dex. Up to +7 def, MR, etc... Crazy items such as, (When equipped you don't need to eat)

Well... Thats it.
You will find the strength
To beat the Deamons and the Balrons
Conquer evil and slay the werewolves
Balance the peace in
Eggs ultima online....

-Ruki- His tribute song
DUTCHMAN2
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by DUTCHMAN2 »

Even though i am not vamp i have a HUGE issue with the sun rule in the game. Only giving 6 to 8 hours in game time is alittle short. Vamps are still taking damage at midnight. Which I view is absolutely unnessary. It should be 12 on 12 off. At least or 14 on 8 off. Right now hunting with vamps is a major turn off. I feel that if this is change to where vamos can hunt more it would benefit the game over all.
Dudle
on lolpatrol

Post by Dudle »

While hunting i was hoping to come across a 2x2 monster, then a thought occurred to me - I wanted to be the 2x2 monster!

What if you could craft a potion that used once made you big, and used again made you small!

I would love to see this!

Could equipment runes also set your stance?
"I know that you knew that I know, but did you know I knew that you knew I know?" Cassanova Frankenstein 'Mystery Men'

"Buddah, Zeus, God...one of you guys do something!" & " Help Satan! You owe me!" - Professor Farnsworth 'Futurama'

"Hmm hmm hmm, when you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all." Probably a computerized space probe that collided with 'God' 'Futurama'
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

I always thought a mage spell that turns you into a 2x2 would be so cool. Probably a lot more effective than polymorph.

I'm all for it!
DUTCHMAN2

Post by DUTCHMAN2 »

one spell makes you larger, And one spell makes you small. and the ones that eggle gives you, doOoOont do anything at all. Go ask DUTCHMAN when hes ten feet tall.
Mr.Crowley

Post by Mr.Crowley »

SEASONS!!! Would be beneficial and detrimental to the vamp if seasons changed.

Winter - less sun
Spring - slightly more sun
Summer - significantly more sun
fall - about the same as it is currently

Seasons could change weekly, nightly, our every couple of days.
You will find the strength
To beat the Deamons and the Balrons
Conquer evil and slay the werewolves
Balance the peace in
Eggs ultima online....

-Ruki- His tribute song
DUTCHMAN2

Post by DUTCHMAN2 »

KHAKIS IN ALCHEMY.....its a potion.....it would make sense
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Even with the new pet wands, You still don't see pets being used very often at higher levels. What about some offhand artifacts to help them scale later in the game.

Ripley's Crystal Leash - Increases pet INT and MR based on player level

Phoenix Feather Wand - +health to player, Increased pet regen

Golwin's Battlehide Leash - Scales pet melee damage to player level, Pet uses Thunderclap Periodically

Patrick's Spiked Leash - Scales pet melee damage to player level, Pet casts VSL when player is hidden or invis.

Wand of Golem Command - Scales pet HP to player level, Player's battle cry sends aggro to pet
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

Awesome Idea man! I think that would be a great addition!
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Game needs voice chat