Ideas thread 2014

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Re: Ideas thread 2014

Post by Keighn »

That's not true. When I really really need to take a nap and I just don't care to watch tv or read .. it works wonders esp with a gamepad.
EmoMage
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by EmoMage »

egg, when can we start doing this again? :heart:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3462&start=43
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

Grunkk wrote:
CinisterD wrote:diseased arrows
A diseased tint sounds pretty OP for pvp, considering it like instantly halves someones hp.
Thats exactly why I opted to suggest so many types of arrows, to start a consensus about what types would be within reason.

Mainly I was trying to get the idea of ANY special arrow implemented.

But yes, it'd probably be pretty OP
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

eggmceye wrote:allow crafting skill to be bought up to 90 or even 100, good gold sink ... yay/nay?
Wayyyy back I GM'd some of my skills because there was a rumour of a gold wipe, I forget how much gold it cost to max a skill...
Djanno :smoke:
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

EDIT

make taming where when you feed the pet, you face that direction to help block.
Last edited by EmoMage on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
eggmceye wrote:

CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

EmoMage wrote:may i make a taming suggestion?

Sure EmoMage, go right ahead.

Thank you. Taming is a slow ass skill.

Yes it is Emo, but what is your suggestion?

I'm glad you asked!! When you attack something, your "direction" changes to that certain direction of the attack. (this goes without saying, very obvious) When you move in a certain direction, same thing. My question partaining to taming would be, (I GM'd block just for this taming reason) when we USE the food in the direction of the mob, can our "direction" change as well? I notice I block more when facing the creature, but i always seem to be facing away from it, too. Is that an easy fix, or rather, is that acutally a bug?
On the subject of taming:
Can we start a conversation to gain skill xp for ATTEMPTING to feed a pet, rather than only gaining xp for actually feeding it?

Not like your half assing anything, your still trying to tame, and in theory, continuing your attempt to tame the animal.

The reason taming takes so long is that you have to get the pets to eat to gain xp. (or i've overlooked some major element of taming :fp: )

(I have GM taming, so not like it benefits me. Just want to save thousands of hours for players on taming)
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

should be very easy to fix & useful & sensible - if only you posted in one line instead of all the gibberish at the beginning
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

CinisterD wrote:
EmoMage wrote:may i make a taming suggestion?

Sure EmoMage, go right ahead.

Thank you. Taming is a slow ass skill.

Yes it is Emo, but what is your suggestion?

I'm glad you asked!! When you attack something, your "direction" changes to that certain direction of the attack. (this goes without saying, very obvious) When you move in a certain direction, same thing. My question partaining to taming would be, (I GM'd block just for this taming reason) when we USE the food in the direction of the mob, can our "direction" change as well? I notice I block more when facing the creature, but i always seem to be facing away from it, too. Is that an easy fix, or rather, is that acutally a bug?
On the subject of taming:
Can we start a conversation to gain skill xp for ATTEMPTING to feed a pet, rather than only gaining xp for actually feeding it?

Not like your half assing anything, your still trying to tame, and in theory, continuing your attempt to tame the animal.

The reason taming takes so long is that you have to get the pets to eat to gain xp. (or i've overlooked some major element of taming :fp: )

(I have GM taming, so not like it benefits me. Just want to save thousands of hours for players on taming)
Actually, you already get xp/skillups when you try but fail to feed a potential pet. It's only when you try to feed it something that it doesn't want to eat that you don't get the xp/skillup.
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

CinisterD wrote:(or i've overlooked some major element of taming :fp: )
Well....damn.
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

Mithril Artys

Mithril cloth (Runic?)
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

eggmceye wrote:should be very easy to fix & useful & sensible - if only you posted in one line instead of all the gibberish at the beginning

fixed, and i'm sorry. :heart: tis a one liner now.
EmoMage wrote:
make taming where when you feed the pet, you face that direction to help block.
eggmceye wrote:

EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

Severian wrote:Actually, you already get xp/skillups when you try but fail to feed a potential pet. It's only when you try to feed it something that it doesn't want to eat that you don't get the xp/skillup.

can this be fixed to be like stealth? when you fail, you still get XP. (or in this case, when it's not hungry; you still gain XP because you're trying)

I'm in the middle of taming now, and i'll tell ya, it's a chore. :geek:

and actually, it'll be like all other skills IMO if you do that, because even when you fail to make something (I.E. omeletes), you still gain the XP.
Last edited by EmoMage on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
eggmceye wrote:

Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

EmoMage wrote:
Severian wrote:Actually, you already get xp/skillups when you try but fail to feed a potential pet. It's only when you try to feed it something that it doesn't want to eat that you don't get the xp/skillup.

can this be fixed to be like stealth? when you fail, you still get XP. (or in this case, when it's not hungry; you still gain XP because you're trying)

I'm in the middle of taming now, and i'll tell ya, it's a chore. :geek:
Hmm, I think that might be an over simplification since you'd basically be gaining taming by repeatedly trying to feed a pet that is already full (you wouldn't even be using up food, since it wouldn't accept any).
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

you can stop that for already tamed pets tho. keep it turned off for those ones.
eggmceye wrote:

Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

EmoMage wrote:you can stop that for already tamed pets tho. keep it turned off for those ones.
You should be able to keep feeding a potential pet (grey/reg health bar). Those don't get full until they become your pet (green health bar).
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

exactly, on the grey/redd health bars, you're ACTUALLY taming. you're TRYING to get that as your pet. when it becomes green health bar, taming doesn't matter, you move to the next one. Hence, (basically) turn taming off for the ACTUAL pets, (with the green health bars).
eggmceye wrote:

Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

EmoMage wrote:exactly, on the grey/redd health bars, you're ACTUALLY taming. you're TRYING to get that as your pet. when it becomes green health bar, taming doesn't matter, you move to the next one. Hence, (basically) turn taming off for the ACTUAL pets, (with the green health bars).
You already gain skill when you try to feed something wtih a grey/red health bar (as long as it has the right difficultly level - i.e., not too easy, and you are feeding it something it can eat). You do gain skill even when you fail to feed it in that state.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

i know, but didn't you say that "the ***** does not seem hungry" you don't get skill? you get that message when red/grey health bars.
eggmceye wrote:

Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

EmoMage wrote:i know, but didn't you say that "the ***** does not seem hungry" you don't get skill? you get that message when red/grey health bars.
You gain skill with those messages, as long as the target is difficult enough to tame and the target still has grey/red health bars.
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

then i misunderstood. i retract all other statements.
eggmceye wrote: