Ideas thread 2013

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Re: Ideas thread 2013

Post by Turtle »

Blood resistance may not make much sense, but I'd use it in a heartbeat.
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Are there even any mobs that do "blood" type damage?
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

What type of damage to blood dragons and wyverns do with XMP/their other spells?
EmoMage

Post by EmoMage »

XMP is not a blood spell, first off. It's a vampyric spell that lets the caster (player or creature) regain HP.

blood drain and blood sting (THAT I KNOW OF) are the only 2 blood spells. IMO, a blood resistance wouldn't be truely effective, unless VF, XMP, and/or the combat attacks are made into a "blood" type of attack. Change the VF to a bloody color, XMP could stay red, and when blood warriors or the physical attacks of blood mages, blood hydras, blood drake, blood dragon, wyvern, or blood lord were to attack with physical combat, the attack could me a maroon color attack, to show a blood attack and give the blood resistance something to be useful for.

AKA, revamp the entire blood creatures.
eggmceye wrote:
ParadoxOfChoice wrote: Zombie using bow/sling probably shouldn't give disease.

the zombies are pulling the arrows out of their ass
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

"Blood" resistance would be too OP anyway, considering how much endgame content consists of blood mobs.
Riksta
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by Riksta »

Searching a trapped chest should automatically open it if the disarm is successful.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

A weapon similar to Soulstealer that helps you get meat from mobs. Or a spell. Or if you kill with a butchering knife.
Mackey

Post by Mackey »

Eclips wrote:A weapon similar to Soulstealer that helps you get meat from mobs. Or a spell. Or if you kill with a butchering knife.
Anatomy skill that increases chance to get a butcher able corpse
SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

few thoughts from playing PD lotl...

* allow lotl use chests, or any other tool to store their stuff... putting everything on the flor is a bit messy and cause problems (dunno if this possible or just require more coding)
* also bring back "+" from num pad like it was some time ago (target switching like "tab" key)
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Another type of red on the minimap to see yourself. As it is now, when walking in an area with alot of lava, it's easy to get confused when the red cross dissapears.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
mud
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by mud »

Some way to get drake mounts on all chars without buying all individually at full price. Possibilities:
  • Maybe a more expensive version that's for all chars/servers
  • Or a discount if you already bought one on another char/server?
  • Or, maybe make it transferrable to other chars somehow? (a slash command to un-learn it and turn it into a tome or something?)
I love the drake, it's badass, but I dunno if I'd pay out for it for every char I'm using unless there was a bit of a price break to it.
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Idea for subscribers (possibly non-subscribers too).

Be able to create a house portal that goes to a personal mining cave/dungeon. This map can be changed via mining and/or renovation wand like a house. Monster spawners can be purchased and used in the map (possibly chests as well, limited number of course). You can change if you want your personal cave to be public or private.

This gives users an easier way to make maps and be able to have more in game content by exploring other's maps.
IGN: 1
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

eggmceye wrote:
1 wrote:Having the option of having two crosshairs to benefit priests alternating between FG and heal other. This will also benefit ranged rogue/priests and monk/priests. One crosshair can target pvp players (non party)/evil creatures, one can target good/party players. Healing spells and buffs will go off on one crosshair and ranged attacks/attack spells will hit the other crosshair. Pew pew!

New weapon idea: Hand Crossbow, one handed, 1-4 damage, 1.9 speed, arrows as ammo.
yeh I've heard this 2 crosshair thing before ...
any other arguments for another 1 hand ranged weapon? dual wielding ranged?

btw has anyone dual wielded a shortsword and a sling? does it work?
A hand crossbow would give more options to players only wanting to carry one type of ammo. It doesn't make sense there are 3 two handed ranged weapons but only 1 one handed ranged weapon. Not to mention they're bad ass.

I've tried dual wielding ranged/non-ranged, the main hand works, the off hand does not.
eggmceye wrote:
1 wrote:Please make a Heroic Tangled Forest as well as Epic. It's one of my absolute favorite maps in the game :heart: :geek:
did you mean epic rather than heroic?
Right now there is only Epic Tangled Forest. Please consider making a second portal for Heroic Tangled Forest.
CinisterD
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by CinisterD »

mud wrote:Some way to get drake mounts on all chars without buying all individually at full price. Possibilities:
  • Maybe a more expensive version that's for all chars/servers
  • Or a discount if you already bought one on another char/server?
  • Or, maybe make it transferrable to other chars somehow? (a slash command to un-learn it and turn it into a tome or something?)
I love the drake, it's badass, but I dunno if I'd pay out for it for every char I'm using unless there was a bit of a price break to it.
+1

I particularly like the idea of a tome that can be transferred, I have almost every mount on Cin, and they're wasted since I got the flying carpet. It'd be nice if I could move them to an alt.
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

Eclips wrote:Just because I think Priests and Necros should get their own specials.

Divine Intervention- (Priest special) 3 Second blind or hold on target mob, summons two angels that only use XM.

Hell Gate- (Necro special) Every floor tile surrounding you (Including the one that you're on, so a 3x3 tile box) temporarily becomes a lava tile that does the 3% max hp damage to everything standing in the center.
Great idea, I love the idea of priests and necros getting their own specials
Last edited by CinisterD on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisCooper

Post by ChrisCooper »

Let's talk about gold sinks.

I know that this is everyone's least favorite thing to think about, and it'd doubtful that anyone even gives a shit about the gold economy anymore, but here goes.

First, reduce gold drops. Too high, it's ridiculous.

Now, onto the big idea.

GREED PERKS

When people talk about gold sinks, the sinks are almost always based on goods, crafting, etc. Minor elements of euo. People fail to realize the true focus of the game: dungeon stomping

SO let's base a sink around this. Greed perks are essentially temporary buffs that you buy from a merchant (aimed at higher leveled players). Some ideas:

- 5% xp boost (stacks with food exp buff) (temporary)
- 10% MR buff (temporary)
- -50% potion cooldown
- increased chance of reagent drops (temporary)
- increased movement speed (great for tanky heavy armor wearers playing solo)
- 3% increased chance of rare item drop (wot, artifact, etc) (temporary)
- unfailing town portal (town portals don't close upon re-entry)

buffs marked as (temporary) are on countdown timers, while those not marked as temporary remain active until you change your current buff. Of course, only one buff can be active at a time. Those are just my ideas for greed perks, if anyone else is able to expand on this, please, feel free.
-
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
CinisterD

Post by CinisterD »

KoRnAGAIN wrote:
Heniek wrote:Simple two ideas to make a bit useless right now tints more useful and valuable:

- venomous weapon should poison monster, so every 3 seconds it would have 50% chance to lose 20% of max hp (numbers are example)

- silver weapons should work on shadow creatures
I second this

-Colt
Another great Idea, whether the tints get a re-vamping, or we add the elemental resistances mentioned earlier, theres room to make some of the less popular tints more useful
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Allow monks attacking with gloves to have two "offhand" items? i.e. two runes, two rods, two orbs.
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

ChrisCooper wrote:Let's talk about gold sinks.
How about a mob that can drain exp/levels, spend gold to get 'em restored. hehe :twisted:
Djanno :smoke:
1[WoWz]
MACRO > me

Post by 1[WoWz] »

Djanno wrote:
ChrisCooper wrote:Let's talk about gold sinks.
How about a mob that can drain exp/levels, spend gold to get 'em restored. hehe :twisted:
Woah, calm down there satan.