Ideas thread 2013

Moderator: EUO Moderators

Celerion
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Re: Ideas thread 2013

Post by Celerion »

If you play a vampire, you probably want to be something like this, but when you have to go out and walk in the sunlight, you feel that you are more like this. :whistle:
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

I guess people were warned beforehand about being a vampire... It's like playing this game and going WTF MAKE IT A FPS LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

Would be cool if all blunt weapons had a chance to stun (AEP) and all sharp weapons had a chance to cause bleeding (barbed).
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
ritari
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Post by ritari »

A way to find your lost pet. "you wonder how your pet is faring". or is there?
1 + 1 = 2
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

I think the best you can do is look where it used to be.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
Arkhan

Post by Arkhan »

MoonGoat wrote:Would be cool if all blunt weapons had a chance to stun (AEP) and all sharp weapons had a chance to cause bleeding (barbed).

Yeah!

Assuming it's not already something in action, what if skeletal stuff took less damage from slashing/stabbing weapons, and normal damage from blunt weapons? That's just my inner D&D nerd suggesting something. I only recall (and see in the manual, now) that silver weaponry is a way to deal with them.
Who the hell is General Failure, and WHY is he reading my disk!?
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

ritari wrote:A way to find your lost pet. "you wonder how your pet is faring". or is there?
Just type "follow" or "guard" and It will come to you.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
ibrowniedefender
on lolpatrol

Post by ibrowniedefender »

MoonGoat wrote:
ritari wrote:A way to find your lost pet. "you wonder how your pet is faring". or is there?
Just type "follow" or "guard" and It will come to you.
But what about when it disobeys?
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

On the subject of pets; I noticed that when you look at them at various pet levels their int, dmg, AS, DEf does not go up just their HP. Is it not registering or do those stats just not go up on pets?

I So wants a Lvl75 uber goblin Sniper.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Freezing a monster solid and then shattering it (with uber special effects) Same could happen to player
Burning flames on a monster as it runs around screaming in agony.
Blood splatters coming out of bleeding mobs.
Dead bodies of monsters and sometimes chunks depending on how bad killed (they degrade pretty fast I'd imagine) --- skletons shatter in bones, golems in respectable parts... like wood, metal, chunks of fire embers...

Fire golems/Dragons give off light.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

octetsefune wrote:Talking to the guys on reg i came up with a few ideas.

with credit to Kirito and Celerion for the brain storm and bouncing ideas too.

Bard , Music playing cleric class that buffs the party with HP, str and other usefull boosts

Has a bonus in intelligence and learns songs by talking to the bards in Innes.

ideas for songs

Musician
circle 1 - War song :- + 10% str for 1 minute
2 - Troubadors March:- every 50 str = 1 AS
3 - Soothing melody :- rage->hp (any rage excess of 100)
4 - Golwids Jigg :- +3 mr for 1 minute
5 - Beserkers rage :- + 15% st 15% def for 1 minute
6 - Estorraths war dance :- + 15 Vig for 1 minute
7 - Mystic Sosaria :- + confuses enemies within a 9x9 radius
8 - Ye Fair Maeondir :- + 10% to all stats

an idea of questline spells would be such as to tame King Rattler in low levels to gain a charm song, this will charm anything 30% of your own level and make it attack enemies.

another would be to sleep king mothra and learn a lullaby to make anything 30% of your level fall asleep within a 9x9 radius.

thats about it.

:psychotic:
While playing music you see little musical notes floating around you to indicate barb playing in effect. Each song can be colored or show a diffrent note floating around him.. those in the radius get little notes floating around them (friendly characters or perhaps only party members)
Arkhan

Post by Arkhan »

As long as we can have little custom tunes on our machines for bards, so I can hear Maiden whenever I play a song.

I like the idea of fire-enemies giving off light. That would be fairly useful/sensible.
Who the hell is General Failure, and WHY is he reading my disk!?
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Fighters have Berserker Stance and Tanking Stance. Monks have aspect of the turtle - somewhat similar to tanking stance. Maybe a more offensive aspect in circle 10? +AS or something.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Yeah, it makes me think of my one Human PD fighter/monk who wishes he could still be a tanking monk samurai.
syfr
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by syfr »

why not increasing pet stats from each lvl? would help make the taming skill more used

also, you could make pets rank up every 75 lvls. max at 750 instead of 75, give them some strength when it comes to fighting blood creatures but not enough to solo more then a blood dragon without some serious pain at max. would help the melee chars a lot. each rank giving stats, and each set of lvls being A. the choice of the player weather he wants it to rank up and he must issue a command to begin ranking a pet up. B. make each rank significantly harder to achieve then normal lvls. C. pets take more exp from the player then normal when its ranking up.

itd be a nice change of pace having taming to be more then a few hundred dmg on a mob of dragons and then a splatter on the floor

you could also as an idea take the players stats and in some way integrate it into the pets stats depending on the player/pet lvl and player class.
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Taming Skill gain for raising your pets level. Make the pet give more xp per level the happier it is. This makes taming less painful to train and also rewards better tamers with more xp.

I know there has been talk of pet collars for a while.
Treat them the same as sigils, each pet can have one active at a time.
Spiked Collar= 1% increase in STR for every level the pet is.
Leather Collar=1% increase in DEX per level.
Enchanted Collar=1% increase in INT per level.
Collar of Obedience= Pet uses spells more often.
Mythril Collar= .5% reduced magic and physical damage per level.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

The thing about pets is once you can get a drake... that's all people get for turning into a dragon. It has been a while since I raised a pet. I think lesser pets need some sort of unique ability that makes them attractive. I don't know how many people have played D&D from before 4th edition or perhaps 3rd but think of various familiars in that game (which would be cool too).

Familiars could help amplify the magic-users abilities depending on the familiar. Imagine pets doing that in-game rather than just being a guardian or damage producer. I'll look through the list and suggest some ideas and hopefully someone else can think of something better.

There really should be some stealth pets.

----------------
Addendum:

I also think pets shouldn't automatically evolve. It should be a /evolve command or just say evolve. Pets evolving should drop back down to lvl 1 IMHO. Maybe someone wants a lvl 75 imp or cow (wonder if that is still bugged where they evolve into a cow every 25 lvls and go back down to 3 hp. :mad: ).
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

1 Mine that is just like the original collapsable mines that is always available to enter (perhaps near Izumi since its a mining community). Resets every 10 minutes if not bothered.

Maybe multilevel with a mineshaft Going down 8 levels to the underworld if the ladder is dug up (or 1 way hole w/e). A similar mine is available in the underworld to tunnel upwards.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Not sure as I have't tested but a way to change music tracks while in game.

Be able to set a track to each area of the game while in game.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of this somewhere so I made a new one. Thought it had something to do with instance difficulty selection. You enter the standard spot and then you end up in this room. Bottom portal takes you back to normal map. Top left clearable normal (aka old euo when it took forever for maps to respawn), middle Herioc, right Random.

So basically x1 ... x3 ... x5.

Another option would be top left be random for a surprise.
possible instance selection2.png
This could go for each map that has an instance thus far and maybe others in the future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.