hello

Re: Ideas thread 2013

Post by eggmceye »

one sig per page is enough I think
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Sorry, I've been out of the loop on forum posting for a bit. Totally forgot about that option. Thanks for the heads up.
Celerion
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Post by Celerion »

Hi (first posting on this forum),

I'd like to have a ship-connection between Kurnigsburg and the graveyard. Would make things a bit easier for vampires. (In Bram Stoker's "Dracula" the count makes journeys by ship too.)
The ticket shouldn't be given out before the White-Stone-quest (because otherwise you could reach Redbeard's ship too easily), so either you should get the ticket together with the White Stone or from a separate quest that requires, that you already have the White Stone.

Maybe there should be some portal-room in Kurnigsburg too, so that vampires can reach their favourite hunting-grounds at day-time more easily. The portals shouldn't be too powerful though, otherwise everyone would try to use them, like the ones in Extell's Tower long ago. One could lead to the beginning of CoS for example.

Maybe populate the Underworld with some Undead (like the IAG-hall)? It seems a bit empty right now.

A rare potion against sunlight-damage for some time could be useful.
A rare "blood-potion" that quenches the vampire's thirst for blood without biting anyone could be fun too.

Cheers
Grunkk
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by Grunkk »

A portal room to every shrine should be enough imo.
On a search to find the meaning of life... Oh wait, to get to level 450!
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

Celerion wrote:
Cheers
Thanks for posting
Grunkk wrote:A portal room to every shrine should be enough imo.
isn't that what the stones are for?
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

Forgot about those.
octetsefune
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by octetsefune »

Talking to the guys on reg i came up with a few ideas.

with credit to Kirito and Celerion for the brain storm and bouncing ideas too.

Bard , Music playing cleric class that buffs the party with HP, str and other usefull boosts

Has a bonus in intelligence and learns songs by talking to the bards in Innes.

ideas for songs

Musician
circle 1 - War song :- + 10% str for 1 minute
2 - Troubadors March:- every 50 str = 1 AS
3 - Soothing melody :- rage->hp (any rage excess of 100)
4 - Golwids Jigg :- +3 mr for 1 minute
5 - Beserkers rage :- + 15% st 15% def for 1 minute
6 - Estorraths war dance :- + 15 Vig for 1 minute
7 - Mystic Sosaria :- + confuses enemies within a 9x9 radius
8 - Ye Fair Maeondir :- + 10% to all stats

an idea of questline spells would be such as to tame King Rattler in low levels to gain a charm song, this will charm anything 30% of your own level and make it attack enemies.

another would be to sleep king mothra and learn a lullaby to make anything 30% of your level fall asleep within a 9x9 radius.

thats about it.

:psychotic:
REALITY!? What is it.. Where can i download it?
Celerion

Post by Celerion »

eggmceye wrote:
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON, sure. It's also not that hard to reach the graveard at daytime with the Red Stone (I thought after posting); getting back to Kurn from there, is a bit more effort though (if you haven't marked there).
I just think, it's a bit weird as a vampire to walk out into the sunlight at daytime to reach some place (which you just have to in EUO right now). I imagine the pale vampire walking in his long black robe, which is smoking from sun-light-heat.
Using the stones to the (in most cases also sunny) shrines of the virtues doesn't seem also that vamp-like.
It makes the vamps a bit ridiculous in some ways.
So some other connections seemed nice, maybe also something underground ...
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

octetsefune wrote:Talking to the guys on reg i came up with a few ideas.

with credit to Kirito and Celerion for the brain storm and bouncing ideas too.

Bard , Music playing cleric class that buffs the party with HP, str and other usefull boosts

Has a bonus in intelligence and learns songs by talking to the bards in Innes.

ideas for songs

Musician
circle 1 - War song :- + 10% str for 1 minute
2 - Troubadors March:- every 50 str = 1 AS
3 - Soothing melody :- rage->hp (any rage excess of 100)
4 - Golwids Jigg :- +3 mr for 1 minute
5 - Beserkers rage :- + 15% st 15% def for 1 minute
6 - Estorraths war dance :- + 15 Vig for 1 minute
7 - Mystic Sosaria :- + confuses enemies within a 9x9 radius
8 - Ye Fair Maeondir :- + 10% to all stats

an idea of questline spells would be such as to tame King Rattler in low levels to gain a charm song, this will charm anything 30% of your own level and make it attack enemies.

another would be to sleep king mothra and learn a lullaby to make anything 30% of your level fall asleep within a 9x9 radius.

thats about it.

:psychotic:
I've had bards on paper since 2008, and they were going to be a party buffer, and I was planning on making them a dex/int build but otherwise a rogue and not a whole new class. Musicianship would be a rogue skill. Lute or instrument would be offhand item so you can't dual wield and you couldn't hide with lute, so you can't backstab. One handed lute? :bs:
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

Celerion wrote:
eggmceye wrote:
LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON, sure. It's also not that hard to reach the graveard at daytime with the Red Stone (I thought after posting); getting back to Kurn from there, is a bit more effort though (if you haven't marked there).
I just think, it's a bit weird as a vampire to walk out into the sunlight at daytime to reach some place (which you just have to in EUO right now). I imagine the pale vampire walking in his long black robe, which is smoking from sun-light-heat.
Using the stones to the (in most cases also sunny) shrines of the virtues doesn't seem also that vamp-like.
It makes the vamps a bit ridiculous in some ways.
So some other connections seemed nice, maybe also something underground ...
Its one of the drawbacks of being a vampire.
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

I like the idea though. If vampires have been around for a long time, why wouldnt they have invented a nice way to travel in the dark?
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Severian
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Severian »

MoonGoat wrote:I like the idea though. If vampires have been around for a long time, why wouldnt they have invented a nice way to travel in the dark?
Maybe a system of transport between some towns by the preservers.
Grunkk

Post by Grunkk »

MoonGoat wrote:I like the idea though. If vampires have been around for a long time, why wouldnt they have invented a nice way to travel in the dark?
If anyones seen the Blade franchise, on Blade III the vampires wore some sort of hazmat lookalike suit to protect them against the sun, in egypt. So perhaps there could be some sort of thing in here that would atleast 'reduce' the damage, I wouldn't go as far as completely diminishing it.

EDIT:- Fucking shadowfolk could have a use with being a vampire, they could use that shadowmeld bullshit to walk in the sunlight (Casts a shadow upon the player for 120 seconds, causes invisibility + no sunlight damage, 600 second cooloff).
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Just chiming in to express support for multiclassing any race. As mentioned in this thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4873
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

multiclassing is great except for the fact everyone just goes priest to get vas mani, the worst spell in euo :--;:
Arkhan

Post by Arkhan »

I'm all for seeing EftV be a multiplayer game.

What sort of thing would it be if it were commercial?

What about the addition of "Advanced" Classes. Maybe they are already there and I just don't know about it since I haven't been around in 6 years and have missed a lot.

This would play into bards, which I would like to play as. For example, in 1st ed. AD&D, you don't just start as a bard. You have to advance in levels as a fighter, thief, and then become a druid which then means you are a bard.

This also means there would be druids. That would be awesome. Maybe Rangers too?
Who the hell is General Failure, and WHY is he reading my disk!?
octetsefune

Post by octetsefune »

eggmceye wrote:multiclassing is great except for the fact everyone just goes priest to get vas mani, the worst spell in euo :--;:

Mostly because on PD priest stops 90% of your deaths.

id like to do rogue/monk or rogue/fighter if i could but i just keep dying on them :P
octetsefune

Post by octetsefune »

eggmceye wrote:Happy nye everyone,

I don't know if its the booze or the podcasts I've been listening to or the amazing popularity of pd lately or my excellent helpers or what but I'm more than a little excited abt the upcoming year in euo land.

In case you didn't know, EUO turns 10 in march (tho development actually goes back to 1998)

goals for 2013
- either make EftV into a multiplayer game or release it as commercial roguelike (probably former at this stage)
- revamp weekly into a sophisticated multiplayer roguelike
- move all NG players to reg, close NG as a standalone server
- make NG and LOTL as character creation options on all servers
- finish and polish the client rewrite
- scrap collapsed mines but make treacherous caves diggable
- probably also make those rand dungeons regen everytime they are cleared or even when they are entered/exited (like angband)
- moving lvl 1000 chars from PD to reg

- audit all maps, delete/revamp any that are dated

Any chance of getting the ability to mark inside some dungeons for vampires? it seems awfully difficult to get anywhere or hunt anywhere as most maps have sunlight, even though the landscape is caves.
i
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

getting a bit of tired of hearing vamps complain abt sunlight LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON
Arkhan

Post by Arkhan »

eggmceye wrote:getting a bit of tired of hearing vamps complain abt sunlight LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON

Just make them turn pink and sparkly in the sunlight, and make the game play music from Twilight, only for them.

Then, let them pick which thing they'd rather have...

:mad:
Who the hell is General Failure, and WHY is he reading my disk!?