Ideas thread 2013

Moderator: EUO Moderators

ritari
buying vamp LS of any kind +5

Re: Ideas thread 2013

Post by ritari »

Unequipping equipped weapon pressing same key it is binded.
1 + 1 = 2
on lolpatrol

Post by 1 »

Idea for class: Ranger (or a better name)

Starting "classes" to get skills at newbie island (they should get 30 in one weapon skill and 30 aim): Slinger, Archer, Crossbowmen, Gunner.

Class skills:
Sling (Weapon skill)
Bows (Weapon skill)
Crossbows (Weapon skill)
Guns (Weapon skill)
Aim (Passive ability like tactics, also increases damage given, weapon speed, and maybe reduces damage received)

Armor: Moves full speed in Light, can also use Medium

Combat abilities: Aimed shot at 50% skill, Point blank headshot at 90%, Spray and pray at 90%

Forms: Firing form (+15% damage), Defensive form (-15% damage taken)

Muskets: Have a gunner start with a musket but do not let muskets drop. Muskets should be craftable at level 100 weaponsmithing. Recipe could be ore x5, log x1, vermillion (or something else more suiting).

Aim (passive skill):
30%: No ammo is used if player has one piece of ammo in inventory or in place of this make blackrock arrows/bullets that don't deplete.
60%: Player receives health back from attacks (should be half as effective as vampyric).
90% or 100%: Attack speed is increased by 10%.

Ranger trainer: Have the option for rogues to trade in their ranged for one of the above weapon skills and maybe trade in stealth/traps/locks (highest one) to aim?)

(Side note: I believe this class will make ranged weapons more appealing, I don't see any one using them as their main weapon. Keep ranged for rogues but have this class a ranged/non-magic dps class. Also this will get people using medium armor, since I don't see anyone using that either)
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

In D&D we has to have fire powder or some shit. You want to make it hard on musketeers then have them have to use a new ammo black powder, vermillion shot (yeah that'll make it really rare) or fire powder. Maybe to make it not too hard:

Fire powder: Alchemy 100
req. powdered silver
blackrock ingot
fire essence
makes 10 or 100 Fire Shot.

Don't hold your breathe about muskets though. They're pretty powerful albeit quite slow.
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Skullthorne keep seems to be disabled on pd. Please bring it back. I was hoping to do it once during the Bday. I wouldn't mind seeing the cow mini game make a comeback as well.
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

I was thinking that as a Dwarf racial, all melee weapons damage would be based on str, like the 10/1 ratio of polearms and hammers. Dwarves just arnt one for finesse x.x Would make for some odd rogues, high str rogues wouldnt move as quickly and still need dex for shadows and archery.
May your beard be ever soaked in ale rather than vomit
on lolpatrol

Post by 1 »

Please make a Heroic Tangled Forest as well as Epic. It's one of my absolute favorite maps in the game :heart: :geek:
Eclips
egg has really fucked this game up :(

Post by Eclips »

Farming money making scheme Idea:

Let people may monthly for a plot of land where they can tame and leave two mobs and leave them there to breed. Bred monsters are either hostile or neutral and can be farmed for resources.

IE, you want dragon rations so you tame two drakes and leave them on the land. New dragons spawn over time. Then you slaughter the new baby drakes in front of it's parents!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

I think I mentioned a special portal that would enter a room hub that had options for heroic and epic. I still think it would be pretty awesome if there was a quest you'd have to complete just to access the heroic version of that map. And in the heroic version there is a quest that opens up the epic hub. The epic hub has a quest item reward of some sorts.

Lost Jungle needs a heroic/epic version as well.
Sylvengard Tower
Lava Tubes, Black Mountain & up to Phoenix
Probably every map if there was just a little reworking done so the beginning doesn't look ghastly.

Blood Moon (once a month) - Open up blood versions of mobs. (must do a special quest for this to open up)
Shadow Moon (once a month) - Opens up shadow version of mobs. (must do a special quest for this to open up)
Portal to the Moon (once a month)
impsy
How do I attack?

Post by impsy »

alright here's the best idea. a server that is reg xp, permanent death rules, no res stones, and a ladder! best roguelike experience.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

great first post X-D
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4166
http://euotopia.com/scoreboardPD.php
only difference is xp rate, which is 3x or 9x if grinding dangerously
impsy
How do I attack?

Post by impsy »

eggmceye wrote:great first post X-D
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4166
http://euotopia.com/scoreboardPD.php
only difference is xp rate, which is 3x or 9x if grinding dangerously
hmm this is true, maybe add an option to keep your character playing on the server if it ends? I think it would be awesome if we could just without the losing your character every week I would play it full time!

- another suggestion is a diablo 2 ladder system with a ladder server that moves characters into pd after the season or whatever is done

but then again the population is low atm it might not matter all too much, but i think you could do some cool stuff with the weekly server or turn it into something else completely
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

btw I'm glad you're posting :) I like it when someone starts on reg, plays for 2 levels, then gets on PD and gets to 200+ - good stuff
impsy
How do I attack?

Post by impsy »

eggmceye wrote:btw I'm glad you're posting :) I like it when someone starts on reg, plays for 2 levels, then gets on PD and gets to 200+ - good stuff
hah thanks! I attribute this characters life to the stocking coins to get me some res stones LAUGHING OUT LOUD LIKE A MORON, I was thinking of my more hardcore approach. When I was looking for this game I was looking online for multiplayer roguelikes that had permadeath as its main features, I didn't find much and i do not enjoy playing ascii games very much which there were maybe two that worked like I wanted? Anyways I found your game and its pretty much perfect! You could add an option similar to LotL on PD, except it forbids the use of res stones and has a ladder? maybe reduced xp or the same it may not really matter. This would alleviate needing a whole different server for it but ehh I don't think most people are looking to play an even more hardcore game haha but dang that would be cool!

Oh and egg did you ever do anything else with the local play? I read old threads about it because I saw it in my server list but I was sad to see it didn't do anything yet :(
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

We did discuss personal "house rules" on pd last night. It might take some mental fortitude but you don't have to have a res stone. I've come across house rules my entire life of playing PnP games long before I bothered with computer games. Even Ultima III I ended up rolling randomly, making house rules for what I could do etc.

I do know there was talk of nixing all the towns, quests, and shiz in the weekly ladder and making it truly random. I offered some neutral towns of all similar design for random starts. And even a player death arena for challenge.

Towns might have had merchants for spells but that was it. And example of house rules would be my EGO clan thread in clans. I haven't made a pd version but have thought of it.
on lolpatrol

Post by 1 »

1 wrote:Here are ideas to be added to the Silver Coin Shoppe:

Ring of deadly strikes: +1 Def, +2 AS/damage
Ring of night sight: +1 Def, +2 nightvision
Ring of magical energy: +1 Def, +6 vigour

Boots of fortification (swamp boots): +1 Def, +1 MR
I'm bumping this.

I was playing NG last night but I'm having a hard time finding vigour gear (there are 0 player merchants on NG). Let's see some additions to the silver coin shoppe to equip our newbies with starter gear!
Keighn
Stop posting already --;

Post by Keighn »

Make old amulets of leeching function like a leeching weapon when worn.
Turtle
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Turtle »

Allow aspect of the turtle to stack with heavy armor?

Edit: Another monk idea. Boots of attack, and kick as a special or passive ability.

I know you've considered boots of attack, and monks attacking with kicks, since prior to monk implementation. IMO the usage of slaying boots must counter-weigh the benefit of +mr or +stat, meaning it should add tangible DPS.

Ideas for gameplay:
Kick as a special, calculates AS based on boot stats + character stats. Perhaps have the kick be 2x base damage as compared to a monk's regular attack.

Kick as a passive ability, i.e. monks have a 2x dmg attack (kick) every 5-10 seconds, computed using boots' AS.
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

eggmceye wrote:* disabled disconnect timer
# idling on specific fea, e.g. level changer, should be punished by disconnection after x minutes
# sitting on a pub table should keep you satiated for x gp per y min as long you have money in your inventory
on lolpatrol

Post by 1 »

Characters with low dex should move faster, much faster. But I think the movement speed for characters with 250 dex is perfect.

A character with 25 dex wearing heavy armor should move half as fast as a character with 250 dex and no armor, not 1/10 or 1/5 as fast (whatever it is now).

Newbies don't have access to unlimted brown potions, this is not a viable option for them.
Flamesoffire
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by Flamesoffire »

A little option for dwarf's. 30 crystal coins gets you a silver to mithril transmute. Armor only of course. Figured since ya know.. They can get mithril from silver veins, Maybe they can transmute it too. And this way, Dwarfs can have a mithril artifact? Since they dont drop n what not.
Defeating a sandwich, Only makes it tastier... - Vegeta.