Good morning, Captain.

Re: Ideas thread 2012

Post by Turtle »

I like the last lava with the shadows. _
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

That .32-lava (and water) gives me headache.

Is this just me? Otherwise, how about a change in the looks of it?
I know there are some custom made ones to get, but a change how it looks from the start would be nice. It's mostly lava/water that makes me use .16-tiles instead of .32.

Sorry for complaining about the lava Mort. I like what you did around it. :)
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

Suggestion: Ability to sort inventory alphabetically with alt+letter command ?
May your beard be ever soaked in ale rather than vomit
LordMortiferus
MACRO > me

Post by LordMortiferus »

Using the river/shore tiles above lava, if possible at all, probably means a lot of work to pull of . Adding some kind of transition shadow is probably easier but if it really helps to make lava fields look more organic and less square-cut i dunno - the picture I have uploaded was made using Paint Shop.

@Moon: have a look at this tileset it uses different water and lava tiles.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

could probably come up with an algorithm for it (such that maps wouldn't need to be all hand updated) to smooth out both lava and heavy seas too
MoonGoat
Good morning, Captain.

Post by MoonGoat »

LordMortiferus wrote:@Moon: have a look at this tileset it uses different water and lava tiles.
Yeah, that lava is pretty cool. I'm still not a big fan of that water or the tiny cave entraces tho. Also, I would need to change it with every new update. It would be really nice if there where some nice water/lava tiles (and maybe bigger cave entraces) from the start... this is the ideas thread after all.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
―Cave Johnson
Sumter
Good morning, Captain.

Post by Sumter »

Could the tile of a great maul when equipped be updated? Looks like a one handed mace when equipped
[Reg] Buck
[PD] Sumter(formerly Javier)/DukeSease/Sease
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

Sumter wrote:Could the tile of a great maul when equipped be updated? Looks like a one handed mace when equipped
Yes!! its supposed to be an awesome huge weapon but its small like a club.

Also, small skill change suggestion... Could you make Thunderclap not require a target ? Its like a huge smash on the ground, if it hits something they are confused but even if theirs nothing there, the cone can hit targets. Just gotta aim it !
Bugbo
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Post by Bugbo »

Would it be possible to have an option to NOT reload all the graphics if they are different (Maybe if the graphic file is older than the one used by player)? It's a hassle to always have to replace the files after each update if you want to use custom graphics. Also if you use your own music file will the game still try to download the default mp3 files?
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

Heres a thought, how about have Tailoring be able to craft BAGS to help sort inventories ? Like special bag to hold potions and one for ingredients and eventually magic bags that help reduce some weight and can be named for specific storing purposes ?
ChrisCooper
Tune in next time & see how they do it.

Post by ChrisCooper »

Thane wrote:Heres a thought, how about have Tailoring be able to craft BAGS to help sort inventories ? Like special bag to hold potions and one for ingredients and eventually magic bags that help reduce some weight and can be named for specific storing purposes ?
Best idea I've heard in awhile.
I'm here to kick ass, and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
eggmceye
hello

Post by eggmceye »

yeh bags, not exactly the newest idea in the world, could possibly simplify inventories ...
(could actually make them a lot more complex actually)
Thane
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by Thane »

How about Mithril robes and studded leathers ? If blackrock can do it i dont see why mithril cant ! Would make the race more friendly to rogues mages and monks with mithril armor for them too.
Snirf
Kodiak has probably banned me by now.

Post by Snirf »

A crafting idea

How about you make it so we can craft more than 1 at a time...

Such as, instead of crafting 1 pole, we can choose to craft 100. It would take the same amount of time (so would be helpful to have a finished message) and would only account for 1 craft. (So it would still not help in raising craft levels).

I only suggest this because it's annoying to have to craft 1 pole over and over, when they don't give crafting levels and there is no confirmation message of when you can craft again.

Anyways I just think it'd be helpful.
SiNeR
I once posted in TFIOOC!

Post by SiNeR »

Shift + F11?? for crafting
or shift + F9 for use....??
"we are elite, you are not!!"
-goblin elite
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

all instance bosses drop something when you kill them. The item would be something that would be top tier for that level of mob. The only way to get the boss to spawn is to get 100% of all the mobs in the level. This will eliminate camping the boss (eg Blood Queen) for the drops, plus make grinding all maps worth while, and give them a sense of accomplishment.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."
Djanno
Here for the lesbians.

Post by Djanno »

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the mini maps spoil the locations of secret doors?
Djanno :smoke:
CIAassassin
Posting from my ass computer.

Post by CIAassassin »

Djanno wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else think that the mini maps spoil the locations of secret doors?
+1

Dunno if this has been suggested: soulbound fountain that goes into your house, bought with addy coins and only you can use it. Always gives a FG.
Rikimaru

"Oh, you're a lesbian? That's cool, I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body, we should date."